Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

With a very decent looking replacement already signed, this could be good business. I think we need someone who can defend more than someone who can add to the fret down the side.

Debuchy is also headstrong and dives in much more than he should.

He looked a much better attacking player at the Euros than he did for us, so it'll be interesting to see what Wenger can get out of him.

Debuchy is comfortably a better player than Beye, dunno how or why this was brought up into a debate.

Beye fucked off to Aston Villa because we got relegated, Debuchy is going to a team that will be challenging for the title whilst cementing his place as France's number 1 right back.

In comparison Debuchy looked like a rabbit in headlights defending. Beye never even broke a sweat. We got him just at the end of his peak. Too bad, probably my favourite RB to play for the club, oozed class in that first season.. was gutted he dropped us in the relegation season. How much of that was him, his agent or the club telling him to take a pay cut or pushing him out who knows. Remember thinking he was dead cert to stay. He always seemed honorable.

Debuchy is comfortably a better player than Beye, dunno how or why this was brought up into a debate.

Beye f***ed off to Aston Villa because we got relegated, Debuchy is going to a team that will be challenging for the title whilst cementing his place as France's number 1 right back.

"Michael Owen was class for us. That's why he ended up at title winning ManU."

Performances > "facts".

• 4 weeks later...
“When my agents told me Arsenal were interested, I said yes straight away! There was no question, no debate, no doubt, nothing! You don’t turn down a club like Arsenal. A lot of players would like to be in my shoes right now.

“This is another dimension. If you compare the training grounds for example, nothing at Lille or Newcastle can match the Arsenal one. It is another world.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/145/104/130998629900120110725-22047-o4ie3r.png

Lads made a step up in class. Sad and unpallatable as it is to admit it.

Probably find most things done with that bit more professionalism and touch of arrogance/class that makes all the differnce.

like the CEO of Costcutter or Farmfoods moving to Waitrose or Marks and Sparks. Things just done to a higher standard and that touch more 'classy'.

Lads made a step up in class. Sad and unpallatable as it is to admit it.

Probably find most things done with that bit more professionalism and touch of arrogance/class that makes all the differnce.

like the CEO of Costcutter or Farmfoods moving to Waitrose or Marks and Sparks. Things just done to a higher standard and that touch more 'classy'.

Costcutter to M&S is a good example!

Guest firetotheworks

Beye f***ed off to Aston Villa because we got relegated, Debuchy is going to a team that will be challenging for the title whilst cementing his place as France's number 1 right back.

That proves nothing nor is it even the point that was brought up. Beye was better for us in the time that he played for us than Debuchy was in the time that he played for us. That's the entirety of the point.

did I read that we were getting a new or updated training center/facilities sometime?

we had to upgrade out youth stuff to make the top grade for the rankings afaik

He's not really specified the training ground facilities, just the training ground - he could be referring to everything from facilities to what's actually done on the training ground.  Based on what we know about our non playing staff it's highly likely that the actual training completed at Arsenal and us is streets apart.

Beye vs Debuchy is obviously an opinion, both very good for us while they were here. Personally I rate Debuchy more, and going on 'stats' wasn't he the best right back in Europe last season at some point ?

Beye vs Debuchy is obviously an opinion, both very good for us while they were here. Personally I rate Debuchy more, and going on 'stats' wasn't he the best right back in Europe last season at some point ?

yeah, we all love stats in here...