Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest TurboTrev

Good luck to him, although I wasn't sure at first, he won me over.  The consolation is, we look as though we have a decent replacement. 

Wonder what odds I can get for Arsenal signing Cabaye before this time next year?

Debuchy only come here because his mate was here, as soon as Cabaye left he couldnt give a f*** tbh.

He'll love playing with his mate at Arsenal then.

Cabaye was pretty much the only attraction he had to us. Arsenal play good football, have a good manager and champions league football. Plus he will be on much bigger wages now.

He wanted to play in the Premier League and we were the only club that came in for him.  Proved he could play in this league so got a move to a bigger club.

Can't believe the money we got for him when Arsenal only offered £10m for Cabaye last year.  Maybe it was true that he only saw Cabaye as a squad player whereas Debuchy would definitely be first choice.

No axe to grind at all with the bloke. He naturally wants to pay at the very highest level he possibly can which he'll never be able to do up here due to the entire ethos of our club. Arsenal judge success by competing in Europe, winning trophies and developing players. We judge success in pounds and pence.

Our 'stepping stone' status is truly awful from our point of view, but i suppose it is our best bet at attracting good players from abroad at this moment in time. Bare in mind we spent around 2 years tapping up this bloke for him to spend only 18 months here. His age is probably another factor in why we cashed in on him now, had he been 4/5 years younger the fee would have been a lot more, and he may have been here for a longer period of time.

No axe to grind at all with the bloke.

He aspires to bigger and better things, can't fault him for that. After a shaky start he came on to show his true class, Man United away I though he was unreal. I remember going into work later and the neutrals on my shift raving about Debuchy. Good luck to the guy.

He's class, so he'll do well at Arsenal. Only doubt I have is over his game intelligence and short passing. Not as sad to see him go now we've got Janmaat in.

He'll be class in every way man, don't deceive yourself. If he could perform so well fo rus, can you imagine what he'd do in their team, with more opportunities to get forward, and not just defend all game?

He'll be celebrated as the best right back, and people will act as if he didn't play for us, and wasn't so good.

There will then be plenty wailing and gnashing off teeth on here, and I'll be joining in.

After all the anticipation he didn't start off as well as expected, but he got better the more he got used to the league. I'm not too disheartened to see him leave, as I think his replacement is probably just as good if not potentially better. Best of luck at Arsenal Mathieu!

He'll be talked about the worlds best by the media now he's at Arsenal. Guaranteed

:thup:

We've created our current status to be fair.

true, though it is very annoying.

Infuriating my friend.

I lament this club everyday, it's an absolute disgrace what we've allowed ourselves to become.

He's class, so he'll do well at Arsenal. Only doubt I have is over his game intelligence and short passing. Not as sad to see him go now we've got Janmaat in.

He'll be class in every way man, don't deceive yourself. If he could perform so well fo rus, can you imagine what he'd do in their team, with more opportunities to get forward, and not just defend all game?

He'll be celebrated as the best right back, and people will act as if he didn't play for us, and wasn't so good.

There will then be plenty wailing and gnashing off teeth on here, and I'll be joining in.

I was one of Debuchy's biggest defenders when people had big doubts over him, but he's certainly not class in every way like, still a class player overall though.

A bit frustrating, because he had improved a lot after a bad start in English football, and was still improving. I'd have liked him to have given us another season. As it is, it feels like we've broken him in, and another club will reap the benefits.

Still, I'm happy with his replacement, so let's look forward.

Don't remember the last time we had as good of a right back as Debuchy. Just a shame he came into this team when Alan was managing it...

Couldn't have put it better. But anyway, I'm glad we've at least replaced him what looks like a good player.

Mathieu debuchy ‏@MatDebuchy  20s 

I would like to say thank you to all the Newcastle fans you have always been fantastic with me and i had a great time there

Mathieu debuchy ‏@MatDebuchy  26s 

I Will never forget the atmosphere at St James park thank you and see you soon

:aww:

I was one of Debuchy's biggest defenders when people had big doubts over him, but he's certainly not class in every way like, still a class player overall though.

My view pretty much, overall he's a class player though and sure he'll do well there. France #1 for the foreseeable future.