Paul Lambert appointed manager of Aston Villa

AlanSkÃrare

Surely Martinez can't stay beyond next year?

I mean it's good to see loyalty but if they get relegated next year, his reputation will go with him.

Martinez seems a good fit at Swansea tbh. Kind of personnel for his system already in place for the most part.

But I don't see him leaving Wigan for anything "less than" Liverpool.

I mean it's good to see loyalty but if they get relegated next year, his reputation will go with him.

Martinez seems a good fit at Swansea tbh. Kind of personnel for his system already in place for the most part.

Considering he's the one who started it all at Swansea that's hardly surprising, i would be surprised if he went back though.

Considering he's the one who started it all at Swansea that's hardly surprising, i would be surprised if he went back though.

Don't think he'd relish the opportunity to take over the Jacks in the top flight? More money seemingly, strong commitment from ownership. Guess it would come down to how much they wanted him though, many fans were pissed at him leaving the first time.

They got a big two point boost that helped them stay up the time before when Wayne Bridge showed N'Zogbia inside with the scores level and minutes to go.

That kind of fortune won't last forever.

Don't think he'd relish the opportunity to take over the Jacks in the top flight? More money seemingly, strong commitment from ownership. Guess it would come down to how much they wanted him though, many fans were p*ssed at him leaving the first time.

Going from Wigan to Swansea is a bit of a sideways step i dont think he will leave unless its a genuine step forward.

He'll only be using AV as a stepping stone to Celtic. He'll end up replacing Neil Lennon.

Is Lennon supposedly on his way out the door? He's got the easiest job in world football.

He'll only be using AV as a stepping stone to Celtic. He'll end up replacing Neil Lennon.

Is Lennon supposedly on his way out the door? He's got the easiest job in world football.

Not that I'm aware of.

Just thinking that as a natural progression, when it comes to Lennon's time to step down, I can see Lambert being his replacement.

Guest gggg

Lambert rejected Celtic when Norwich were in the Championship

There's no way he's dropping down to that level now

Martinez is staying at Wigan as he hasn't had any more offers.

We didn't sound him out this time (after Whelan made us look like idiots last year), his people sounded us out, but no go, they'd decided on Lambert.

Dave Whelan really should shut the fuck up every now and then. What a bell end.

Swansea are going after Wigan's assistant manager.

If Martinez isn't going anywhere, hopefully that'll be enough to dismantle them a bit and send the rotten bastards down. They're like a turd that won't flush.

How fucking backward is not accepting someone's resignation btw? :lol:

Lambert: "I'm tendering my resignation, I don't want to work for you any longer."

NCFC: "No. We reject your resignation. You must stay."

Fucking mental.

Lambert: "I'm tendering my resignation, I don't want to work for you any longer."

Fucking mental.

It's just so they can get the compo, and that's fair enough imo. If he was to quit and then go to Villa just because he knew they'd approached Norwich for his services, Norwich's manager that has taken them from League 1 to Premier League mid-table essentially gets poached for nowt.

It is a bit backwards as you say, but there's a reason behind it which makes sense.

Fucking mental.

It's just so they can get the compo, and that's fair enough imo. If he was to quit and then go to Villa just because he knew they'd approached Norwich for his services, Norwich's manager that has taken them from League 1 to Premier League mid-table essentially gets poached for nowt.

It is a bit backwards as you say, but there's a reason behind it which makes sense.

I know it's all to do with the compo but it always sounds ridiculous to do it so formally.

Fucking mental.

I think they're being sensible about it, to be honest.

Brendan Rodgers and Paul Lambert have to date achieved something similar to what Paul Jewell (Wigan) and Steve Coppell (Reading) did in their first season in the Premiership. In fact both Jewell and Coppell did better in terms of league placing. I'm not saying either of Lambert and Rodgers isn't capable of going on to greater things than Jewell and Coppell have done - but f*ck me it's a huge leap of faith by Randy Lerner and John Henry to make these appointments...

Brendan Rogers and Paul Lambert have to date achieved something similar to what Paul Jewell (Wigan) and Steve Coppell (Reading) did in their first season in the Premiership. In fact both Jewell and Coppell did better in terms of league placing. I'm not saying either of Lambert and Rogers isn't capable of going on to greater things than Jewell and Coppell have done - but f*ck me it's a huge leap of faith by Randy Lerner and John Henry to make these appointments...

could throw burley and keegan into there aswell then.