Gaël Bigirimana rejoins Coventry on a permanent basis

Fenham Mag

So he's gone from starting games against Benfica and Manchester United to (unsuccessfully) being shipped out to Yeovil

Quite the career trajectory. If he keeps on this path he could be playing for my local pub team by the time he's 25.

Yeovil boss Gary Johnson said: “He’s gone back. He only came down for a couple of days and did okay, he did all right.

“But at the moment it was just an initial contact because we’ve got six loans and we cannot take on seven loans. He was a good lad, a nice fellow and we will keep an eye on the situation.”

Sounds promising :lol:

Watched him in an U21 fixture earlier this season. Clearly Pardew's instruction a while back to keep an eye on Tiote was taken a bit too close to heart, as all he did was run around, give the ball away and lunge into crazy challenges.

Really liked the look of the kid and hope he turns it round, but think he may be struggling to make it as a top-level footballer now.

Watched him in an U21 fixture earlier this season. Clearly Pardew's instruction a while back to keep an eye on Tiote was taken a bit too close to heart, as all he did was run around, give the ball away and lunge into crazy challenges.

Really liked the look of the kid and hope he turns it round, but think he may be struggling to make it as a top-level footballer now.

Possibly the player who has been Pardewed the most. Hope he can salvage his career elsewhere.

Possibly the player who has been Pardewed the most. Hope he can salvage his career elsewhere.

Yeah. Would think with a good coach the lad has the ability to make it at least at championship level, or maybe best looking at abroad for some on the ball experience.

Pity because the lad has/had something till our fuckwit of manager and his team got his/their claws into him.

Imagine have your career in the hands of Alan Pardew.

I wouldn't, I'd give up up and go and be a bin man and hope I'd still have time to make it as a road sweeper one day.

Don't give up your dreams.  You can still make deputy shift supervisor.

He was easily one of the most promising kids I've ever seen in the NUFC first team.  Kid came in and f***ing bossed it.  What the f***'s happened, man?

Agreed.

Find this utterly bizarre. Came in at eighteen and not only did well, but looked very comfortable, which is almost unheard of at that age for someone in midfield. Great first season, then just nothing. And its quite clear that he obviously has a level head about him, can't imagine he started slacking off thinking he had 'made it'.

The whole thing is incredibly disappointing. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Roger Kint

If he cannot get in the squad tonight I think it's safe to say his career here is over. Got to question why he was reportedly blocked from going on loan though.

As he played for the reserves last night i would assume he stayed over there after the game and be on the bench. Possibly with Olley too if RB cover is needed

If he cannot get in the squad tonight I think it's safe to say his career here is over. Got to question why he was reportedly blocked from going on loan though.

As he played for the reserves last night i would assume he stayed over there after the game and be on the bench. Possibly with Olley too if RB cover is needed

Guess we'll wait and see; either way I can't imagine it's the best prep for him playing a full 90 before potentially another long stint a day after.

Guest Roger Kint

Guess we'll wait and see; either way I can't imagine it's the best prep for him playing a full 90 before potentially another long stint a day after.

Didnt he sit on the bench last season after 90 mins for the reserves the previous day? Sure he would be fine for 20 mins or so if needed mind. Struggling to think how bad our bench will look if he isnt

• 2 months later...

Very sad to see he's essentially playing non-league football for the next few months. Best young kid in the Championship 3 years ago. Too often we let rubbish players off the hook and blame Pardew and the others,  but what have they done to the lad?!?! Seemed to have the qualities and attitude to go far.

Feel sorry for the lad like. Was probably buzzing when he signed for us three years ago, now he's back in a division that's so miles behind where he was before joining us. Fucking scum at the top, these loans absolutely stink.