Gaël Bigirimana rejoins Coventry on a permanent basis

Fenham Mag

Said in an NUTV interview that the club didn't have a philosophy of how to deal with young players under Pardew.  Also that he was put into the reserves to make way for more senior players a couple of years ago due to poor results in the prior season.

This is a player who really would benefit from an extended loan spell. It's difficult to give an inexperienced player the responsibility of the anchor role in midfield, in the Premiership, and partnering him with Tiote didn't give him much of a chance.

I saw him play in a reserve game and he was head and shoulders above everyone else. He needs that intermediate level between that and a Premiership first team to develop further.

Admittedly it's a while since I saw him, but I'd be surprised if he was ready for the step up right now.

He's probably going to be fucking shit now tbh, we're talking 2 seasons in which he's been badly mismanaged at a vital time for his development. Another infuriating Pardew legacy as he looked like he had it all when he first emerged.

Can't see how he'll be just ruined like, as long as he's looked after himself while not playing games and good attitude is right he can recover. People have come back from serious injuries at that age, he can get over a little Pardewing I'm sure

Can't see how he'll be just ruined like, as long as he's looked after himself while not playing games and good attitude is right he can recover. People have come back from serious injuries at that age, he can get over a little Pardewing I'm sure

It's possible but I'd be very surprised.  He's gone from impressing in our first team to going missing for 2 years, it's not often a Premier League youngster starts so well, has such a downward trajectory and comes back into the fold.  I find it infuriating like as I really rated him when he featured for us, he was composed beyond his years.

What were those quotes a year or so back from a member of the coaching staff saying they'd basically given up on him or something?

It's possible but I'd be very surprised.  He's gone from impressing in our first team to going missing for 2 years, it's not often a Premier League youngster starts so well, has such a downward trajectory and comes back into the fold.  I find it infuriating like as I really rated him when he featured for us, he was composed beyond his years.

What were those quotes a year or so back from a member of the coaching staff saying they'd basically given up on him or something?

You're probably right tbh, which is why I'd have him away now for a full season of guaranteed football somewhere.

• 3 months later...

So strange what happened to him over the last 2 years after a promising start.  I wonder how much that mysterious illness has affected him.

I think the illness was caused as a severe reaction to Alan Pardew's idiocy.

Coventry do like a loan, don't they?  They had some bit on Talksport saying they can field over half of their starting team, with loan players. 

It's the best way to get a club up the leagues in FM so why not for real? :)