Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

He is going to continue to develop and be a class player for us. His pace/energy and reading of the game were top today. As soon as he continues to get acclimated to the pace of this league and gets a better understanding with our squad he'll begin to shine even more.  Also will help that our team's form improves as well.

Amazing some were slagging him. I mean a foreign player taking time to settle in a new league and country shocker.

Indeed. Especially when you consider the type of 'football' we've been playing up until the last two games........in which he's been very good.

With him playing the way he did yesterday, Cheick back to smashing people up and not fannying about with the ball and Cabaye pushing forward, we have a superb potential midfield three.

Add to that a front three of Marveaux, Ba and Ben Arfa and we'll be laughing.

Yeah it is ridiculous that people are so quick to judge a player. It takes time to adjust to a new league and environment, I mean he said himself it he was having to get used to the pace of the game here and how quickly the pace changes. Remember Evra and Vidic both endured much tougher starts and many Man U fans including my mate were writing them off........

Really starting to come on now though.  :snod:

Guest firetotheworks

He was good like and I've never had any problem with him, but steady on. It was at home, to Wigan, who were down to 10 for 75 minutes. I'm not assassinating anyone's vibes, but it's still way off 'I told you so' territory.

He was good like and I've never had any problem with him, but steady on. It was at home, to Wigan, who were down to 10 for 75 minutes. I'm not assassinating anyone's vibes, but it's still way off 'I told you so' territory.

This.

Might just be me, but I can't really remember a lot of people on here calling him shit. Yes, quite a few have said that he's been disappointing, but most would also have acknowledged that he needs more time, or that the money we spent on him could have been better spent somewhere else as we do have quite a few CMs. The way people are talking now sounds like half the people on here were saying he's shite, but I honestly can't remember much of that on here.

Glad Pardew singled him out for praise last night because we are seeing the player we brought for £6m now.

He played two roles last night. First half he was playing the role he did against Stoke where he played ahead of tiote and was pressuring Wigan high up the pitch with the strikers. Then when Tiote went off he dropped to be the deepest of the midfield 3, Bigi taking his place, and started linking defence and attack with nice composed passing.

Looking very promising but i think if we put him in a midfield 2 again he will struggle like he has earlier in the season. He is just perfectly suited to the midfield 3 role. Which reminds me of the GIF i made way back thinking that's what we would see :)

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1184/anitas1stday.gif

Glad Pardew singled him out for praise last night because we are seeing the player we brought for £6m now.

He played two roles last night. First half he was playing the role he did against Stoke where he played ahead of tiote and was pressuring Wigan high up the pitch with the strikers. Then when Tiote went off he dropped to be the deepest of the midfield 3, Bigi taking his place, and started linking defence and attack with nice composed passing.

Looking very promising but i think if we put him in a midfield 2 again he will struggle like he has earlier in the season. He is just perfectly suited to the midfield 3 role. Which reminds me of the GIF i made way back thinking that's what we would see :)

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1184/anitas1stday.gif

Yup, I wrote a thing about it over the summer. He's just perfect for that role inbetween Cabaye the creator and Tiote the destroyer. Perfect linking player.

No coincidence, that barring the Maritimo game, he's only looked poor when we've played 4-4-2 hoof ball.  I think he's been fine in Europe and looks half decent at right back.  As Venkman says, we start playing the ball on the deck and put 3 into the middle and Vurn is arguably MOTM 2 games on the bounce...

I thought he was brilliant yesterday. I love seeing a player in ‘the hole’ who runs around and pressures the opponents in their own half, though that sort of player is rare(ly utilised) (Holtby, Capi?, Tevez??). He looks much better when he’s running quickly at someone, and therefore challenges at pace (interceptions, forcing errors) than he has done when sitting deeper – when he’s static he (obviously) is a bit lightweight and gets brushed off.

I’d like to see him behind a Demba and at the attacking point of midfield in the Man City/United and Arsenal games. When built from the back, our offensive play is a rather basic; trying to get the ball high up the pitch and achieving something through intense transition might be a better way to score goals (considering our obvious tactical preference for fragmentation of the game).

His work rate in the last few games has been class and showed signs yesterday of dictating the game along with Marveux. If they can keep going like that we could be in good shape (Assuming we don't revert back to hoofing at every chance)