Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

He's the main reason why I don't think Pardew has much say over the transfers. From what i saw from him, he picks the ball up from defence and starts attacks.

He's rarely been asked to do that here.

Yep :thup:

Tbh i see no reason why under the right coach we couldn't do that with Cabaye and Sissoko in front, oh well.

As David Icke said, he'd have been perfect in that 4-3-3. dropping off to pick up the ball, keeping the midfield ticking over, would have freed Cabaye/Siss to roam more. I'm hoping that if another manager comes in, he'll get a chance next season. I think if used correctly he could be a great player for us

do not build your hopes up to much.

Think Anita is being a little bit romanticized on here by some, he wouldn't have been anywhere near my starting lineup in recent games because he hasn't had a single game where hes looked decent in midfield IMO, I understand that the way Pardew plays stifles players with the technical qualities he has but almost every other player has shown at least something to suggest they are good players, I think Anita is just one of those signings that doesn't work out and isn't cut out for the premier league.

I hope I'm wrong and another manager comes in and unlocks his potential but at the moment I don't see any, certainly not in this league.

He's the main reason why I don't think Pardew has much say over the transfers. From what i saw from him, he picks the ball up from defence and starts attacks.

He's rarely been asked to do that here.

Yep :thup:

Tbh i see no reason why under the right coach we couldn't do that with Cabaye and Sissoko in front, oh well.

As David Icke said, he'd have been perfect in that 4-3-3. dropping off to pick up the ball, keeping the midfield ticking over, would have freed Cabaye/Siss to roam more. I'm hoping that if another manager comes in, he'll get a chance next season. I think if used correctly he could be a great player for us

I wrote something for my shit blog last summer when we signed him basically saying how I thought he'd be a great signing as he seemed like the perfect 3rd CM for our 4-3-3, the inbetween destroyer (Tiote) and creator (Cabaye) that'd allow the latter to really let loose whilst helping the former keep us solid defensively. Criminal that it's never even been given a chance to happen. Can only assume Carr signed him thinking he'd fit into our system perfectly and then Pards has promptly changed that winning system.

This guy's career is headed into oblivion unless we have a change of manager, or he moves on to an actual footballing side. Not a world beater by any means, but a very solid and talented technical Dutch international, who can be part of a winning side anywhere IMO.

Dan Gosling ffs :facepalm:

anyone judging anita on this season and his performances under pardew haven't a f***ing clue

he's got pace, movement, technical ability and passing range...stick him in liverpools team no-one would be talking about his physique imo

Exactly right.

anyone judging anita on this season and his performances under pardew haven't a f***ing clue

he's got pace, movement, technical ability and passing range...stick him in liverpools team no-one would be talking about his physique imo

His defence is a huge letdown. I want Anita to start as well but I know defensively he isn't up for it.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Think Anita is being a little bit romanticized on here by some, he wouldn't have been anywhere near my starting lineup in recent games because he hasn't had a single game where hes looked decent in midfield IMO, I understand that the way Pardew plays stifles players with the technical qualities he has but almost every other player has shown at least something to suggest they are good players, I think Anita is just one of those signings that doesn't work out and isn't cut out for the premier league.

I hope I'm wrong and another manager comes in and unlocks his potential but at the moment I don't see any, certainly not in this league.

He was our best player by a mile in the losses against Man U and arsenal, in midfield

His defence is a huge letdown. I want Anita to start as well but I know defensively he isn't up for it.

that's where you'd hopefully have a football manager capable of improving that side of his game and/or having the tactical nouse to protect him

I just can't see him succeed as a DM in EPL due to that weakness.  But then he is actually a good cover for Cabaye, and a very effective ball holder when partnering Perch. I don't want him to be sold as he has a lot more to offer.

What are you judging him on if not this season? He wasn't exactly the standout player at Ajax. You make it sound like we got the new Wesley Sneijder off them and subsequently benched him. He wasn't, isn't and never will be anything more than a fairly solid if unspectacular player. He wasn't what we needed in the summer at all, both in terms of position and required quality, and I said so at the time.

What are you judging him on if not this season? He wasn't exactly the standout player at Ajax. You make it sound like we got the new Wesley Sneijder off them and subsequently benched him. He wasn't, isn't and never will be anything more than a fairly solid if unspectacular player. He wasn't what we needed in the summer at all, both in terms of position and required quality, and I said so at the time.

i never said he'd be a world beater did i?

You didn't use those words, but at the very least you implied he should be in our first team based on his quality and characteristics and our villain manager was not giving him a fair chance. Again, what are you basing this on?

You didn't use those words, but at the very least you implied he should be in our first team based on his quality and characteristics and our villain manager was not giving him a fair chance. Again, what are you basing this on?

i bolded it for you, thought that would cover it...look you're the expert on dutch football so i can't argue, as stated i think he's got attributes that could see him succeed in the PL when put in the right team...and when he was the onlly decent player we had during that horrific run he looked like he should be in and about the first team to me

but yeah, dan gosling, jonas and perch pls

I don't think I've ever seen a fan forum as gutted as theirs to lose a player (well a player signing for us). Didn't they say one of the big reasons they went on that title winning streak, was because they moved Anita to defensive midfielder? From what I read, he was no standout footballer but had become a big part of their side.

Guest TurboTrev

Fully agree.  And he certainly does not have pace, as some reckon, his lack of it is one of his failings

Anita under a manager that has a clue would look a far better player

The big problem we have is we don't try to play football and Anitas strength is keeping the ball and passing it around over short distances and not just hoofing it forward

We've generally played the ball on the deck a lot more at home since January, it's just in the final third we have no fucking idea and end up lumping a cross in. Anita's had a handful of good games - ironically mostly over the winter when we were at our worst - and I think Perch does the "ball winning" role better than he does. I'm not writing him off though, there's plenty of players who haven't been brilliant in their first season and gone on to prove their worth, and I hope Anita is the same.

i bolded it for you, thought that would cover it...look you're the expert on dutch football so i can't argue, as stated i think he's got attributes that could see him succeed in the PL when put in the right team...and when he was the onlly decent player we had during that horrific run he looked like he should be in and about the first team to me

but yeah, dan gosling, jonas and perch pls

Fair enough. I think he's been underused too tbf, but it just felt like another easy stick to beat Pardew with to suggest he was keeping a superior player on the bench, which I don't think he is unfortunately..

Imagine coming from Ajax, to play under Pardew man.

As part of the 'sell', to get him to sign on the dotted line, he would've been fed the manager's football philosophy. Anita offered a glowing endorsement, when he signed. One can presume that he was sold a footballing vision ie. how Pardew (and his training methods) will build upon an already strong learning base, certainly at a technical & tactical base.

It's some some step down : from the Ajax System which is so technique orientated & based around team cohesion & fluidity as an attacking force>>> to largely having stats & Prozone'esque mumbo jumbo, and report cards etc (of your opposition's attack strengths) rammed down your throat for most of the week's preparation (as part of getting the team's  def.shape just right). Similar can be said for Cabaye, Mbiwa, Moussa et al.

Pardew would have sold them a football vision, as Keegan and SBR, Wenger used to/do, and.delivered upon. In this context they've been fraudently sold a s***-filled lava cake. Feel sorry for these lads.