Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

He's been fine apart from the penalty, harsh lesson but he's also tracked Hazard well and kept him relatively quiet. He's a good player and it's not been a mess of a debut.

One assist, one goal in one half  :lol:

Guest JamesyJazz

Looks like an improvement from Tiote at first sight.

Even if you are sarcastic, what the actual f***.

Imho he's not up to speed with Prem football as yet,his positioning is poor along with his distribution when in possesion of the ball.Give him time and I'm sure there's a decent player waiting to shine.Really feeling for the lad today but to write him off now as some did with Perch n Colo in the early days is too premature.

Not sure if people are being serious :lol:

:lol:

I think this guy might be awesome.

I'm sure he will. Good thing for him he'll get games in the middle to grow in to the league. Tiote is always broken and Cabaye loves to give himself an enforced holiday with the odd sending off.

He's been fine apart from the penalty, harsh lesson but he's also tracked Hazard well and kept him relatively quiet. He's a good player and it's not been a mess of a debut.

An assist being a simple pass and the goal being a penalty? He's had the odd moment in the half but he's hardly shredded us to pieces like some are suggesting.

An assist being a simple pass and the goal being a penalty? He's had the odd moment in the half but he's hardly shredded us to pieces like some are suggesting.

If its a simple pass then surely he should have it covered, and it was a pen he gave away. He was canny shit in that spell, but im not going to lose sight in that its his debut, against a good side with unknown attacking quality and he had 90mins in mad heat 48 hours ago.

I don't think anyone is assigning him to the scrap heap after one game, but you can only comment on what you've seen. There's nothing wrong with tbh

If its a simple pass then surely he should have it covered, and it was a pen he gave away. He was canny s*** in that spell, but im not going to lose sight in that its his debut, against a good side with unknown attacking quality and he had 90mins in mad heat 48 hours ago.

I don't think anyone is assigning him to the scrap heap after one game, but you can only comment on what you've seen. There's nothing wrong with tbh

Why should he be covering the pass when Hazard was with the 2 centre backs on the edge of the box? Also being 'kept quiet' refers to open play not penalties, a spot kick that Hazard didn't win I might add. He nicked it off him a good 4 or 5 times and tracked him endlessly, to put it simply he did the majority of his role well and wasn't disastrous at all.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He'll come good, learnt a lesson today. Cabaye gave a pen away in one of his first games last season aswell or a backpass that lead to one anyway. Cant remember.

Spurs at home and Chelsea at home :)

If its a simple pass then surely he should have it covered, and it was a pen he gave away. He was canny s*** in that spell, but im not going to lose sight in that its his debut, against a good side with unknown attacking quality and he had 90mins in mad heat 48 hours ago.

Why should he be covering the pass when Hazard was with the 2 centre backs on the edge of the box? Also being 'kept quiet' refers to open play not penalties, a spot kick that Hazard didn't win I might add. He nicked it off him a good 4 or 5 times and tracked him endlessly, to put it simply he did the majority of his role well and wasn't disastrous at all.

Lets not be stupid here, it was you who said he did a good job on Hazard not me. The pen is still his fault whichever way your try to gloss it.

So Anita should have been tracking Hazard on the edge of the the box while a CB was already marking him? That would have left us with a bit of a numerical disadvantage. Whatever way you try to gloss it, Hazard scoring a penalty has no relation at all with Anita keeping him fairly quiet in open play for large parts of the game, this isn't particularly difficult to comprehend.