Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

About par :lol: Anita has been consistently our best midfielder this season, it was a joke to drop him even more than it was to drop Hatem.

Because we won don't change that.

As if Tiote brings more energy and zip as well :lol:

The midfield improved because i don't know if people noticed it but Pardew reshaped the midfield. ( and he deserves credit for that)

Instead of the pivot in front of the back 4 and Cabaye in front, you had Tiote in front of the back 4 and then Cabaye and Sissoko in front.

An actual 3 in midfield instead of a split 2-1 and shock and horror it looks better.... it was also helped by Cabaye's performance as well obviously.

It gave the team a lot more balance and organisation as a whole; Gouffran, Cisse and Remy also performed as a 3 but with Gouffran holding more width and Remy being more narrow of the two wide man and the two CBs were closer together.

All in all it was a lot more organised and balanced outfit, even if we might have a team which could play expansively we don't have the management to do it so seeing how the team lined up against Cardiff and positioned itself through out the game might be the way forward but with some personnel changes in certain departments.

Gone on a bit of a tangent here but none the less you get the point.

Agree with most of what you said there (apart from Tiote's zip and energy :) ).

The formation changes mainly because Tiote is capable of being the defensive midfield pivot by himself, with two players further forward of him, whereas when you have anita in there you need to accompany him with Cabaye (or sissoko) at his side & dropping deeper hence a much narrower midfield.

Whetehr it's a physcological thing or direct instructions from Parsnip, you can see Cabaye is much deeper when playing with Anita than when playing with Tiote... Wish I knew tbh.

Is that true? I thought Cabaye looked more advanced when Anita was playing? Maybe he was just more isolated from the other two.

The main way to see it (I think) is when we play it out of defense, the team is set up more or less how Pards has instructed and you can immediately see how far Cabs comes back when playing with Anita compared to when Tiote is in there. The narrowness is also a factor, on saturday you could tell cabaye was playing an "inside right" type of role...

Guest bimpy474

Pardew just does not seem to rate him.

Anita has nothing but professional pride to play for, he's been treated terribly.

And it's what caused Carr to be rather miffed at Pardew, i'm sure i read it the Chronicle. Pardew not using the players scouted and bought in the right way.

Anita has nothing but professional pride to play for, he's been treated terribly.

And it's what caused Carr to be rather miffed at Pardew, i'm sure i read it the Chronicle. Pardew not using the players scouted and bought in the right way.

I'm shocked. :lol:

A spell on the bench seemed to be on the cards, once Pardoo had all his toys fit & ready again.

12 months on -  Anita's scores (at training HQ, filed away with Pardoo's stat spreadsheets & notepads etc) in the brick smashing & coconut tree kicking drills are most likely still not up to scratch.

I think the situation that we are all arguing over is hugely positive... Two players really competing for one position, can't complain really!

Can we think of many other positions where the competition is so healthy:

Santon/Dummet

Ben Arfa / Gouff

Was about to insert Cisse/Shola... and was reduced to tears  :'( :'( :'( :'(

I think the situation that we are all arguing over is hugely positive... Two players really competing for one position, can't complain really!

Santon/Dummet

Ben Arfa / Gouff

I don't see anything hugely positive about a player doing really well only to be dropped when another player who hasn't been very good comes straight back into the team when he recovers from injury.

One of them will think he’s not being rewarded for his displays so is wasting his time while the other thinks he doesn’t have to do much because he’ll play anyway.

Santon/Dummet

Ben Arfa / Gouff

I don't see anything hugely positive about a player doing really well only to be dropped when another player who hasn't been very good comes straight back into the team when he recovers from injury.

One of them will think he’s not being rewarded for his displays so is wasting his time while the other thinks he doesn’t have to do much because he’ll play anyway.

The problem is we all have different perceptions of how well Anita has done of late, his game against Everton was pathetic (my opinion) and he deserved to be dropped. Tiote's game against Cardif for 60-70 mins was excellent, he doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Anita and Tiote train well before Liverpool game... good honest competition and neither player could complain if they are left out although it is quite likely that both will get minutes...

Guest bimpy474

I'm shocked. :lol:

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Déjà vu really - considering the exact same thing happened to him last season - that is, he has an established run in the side and becomes one of our more better players and then gets unjustifiably dropped. Man management works.