Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I've never know a player to be more hated by fans to be more respected. Abuse Perch got was horrendous, a lot by me as well tbf but i respected how he kept his head down and turned things around into an average squad player. Got to remember, Anita got a lot of stick on here as well.

Perch had 2 more appearences than Anita. Knew it wasn't a landslide for Perch over him.

2 too many

That is right, but if Perch was still here no way would he have been in alongside Tiote on Saturday. Just no chance of it. Anita has earned his spot on hard work and merited performances. If you show that, you'll earn a place in the team.

Perch had 2 more appearences than Anita. Knew it wasn't a landslide for Perch over him.

2 too many

That is right, but if Perch was still here no way would he have been in alongside Tiote on Saturday. Just no chance of it. Anita has earned his spot on hard work and merited performances. If you show that, you'll earn a place in the team.

False. Anita was our best performer during that awful Nov-Dec run last season and was dropped as a result of it.

I thought Bigi was brilliant alongside him as well, even Perch played well in that as well. We still weren't in fine form results wise though. On the whole I thought Anita was on the learning curve ready for this season. Perch I just assumed was a mere squad player and it's hard to think Pardew thought other than that.

Appearances totals are irrelevant as Anita played f*cking outwide, at fullback, behind the striker and probably in f*ckin goal for all i know.

Every time there was a decision to make as to who to play in central midfield Perch was picked ahead of Anita every damn time.

I said at the time when Perch was sold that i was happy because it would force the moron to play Anita now and it has.

Shouldn't have needed to sell a player for the idiot to see the light but thank f*ck it has.

In one of the worst games of the season against Reading at home, we had Anita starting in the middle and Perch on the bench. I definitely remember that, I just think it's not as bad as people make out like Perch was picked every time. Just wasn't the case at all. They both played numerous positions and were primarily squad players and Anita never got enough game time but it was only his first season and being bedded in.

Guest neesy111

In one of the worst games of the season against Reading at home, we had Anita starting in the middle and Perch on the bench. I definitely remember that, I just think it's not as bad as people make out like Perch was picked every time. Just wasn't the case at all. They both played numerous positions and were primarily squad players and Anita never got enough game time but it was only his first season and being bedded in.

We got worse that game after Perch came on.

Shola was right-mid. Williamson's worst game ever.

Exactly :lol: we looked great in the first half with Anita-Cabaye-Marveaux in midfield despite the Shola on the RW bullshit.

It only got really bad when Perch and the likes came on.

We were awful start of the second half. We still usually are but those changes were the worst I've ever seen, like. Perch/Bigi/Obertan for Marv/Cabaye/Anita. We did need a change of personnel or formation but the way he unravelled a comfortable 1-0 half time lead into a 2-1 defeat against one of the one sides in the Prem was truly remarkable. He could have easily gone after that much but they brought in the French lads to save him. The squad was bare thin around that time though tbf.

I only pointed out this game as an example for Anita. He had been putting in good shows at the likes of OT as did Perch/Bigi but when a couple of players came back in, it was Anita who was chosen to play.

Brett you're funny man  :lol:

You think if Perch was still here that Anita would have ever got a chance to start performing like he is now?

May I remind you that this season Pardew continues to play Shola ahead of Ben Arfa and Marveaux. Infinitely more talented players, who haven't been given anywhere near enough of a run in one position to get some form and consistency.

So you can keep convincing yourself all you want, but I'm not buying it.

Hahaha he's actually picked the one game where we totally fucked it by taking off Anita (as well as Cabaye and Marveaux) when he was utterly running the game.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_10652_1394053504.png

By the time Anita came off the game was lost, it was a combination of replacing his entire central midfield and taking off his main creative force in Marveaux knowing fine well that Cabaye wasn't going to last the full 90 that did it for me. We ended the game with Bigirimana, Perch, Obertan and Gutierrez in midfield for literally no reason at all, I've never seen anything like it.

Hahaha he's actually picked the one game where we totally f***ed it by taking off Anita (as well as Cabaye and Marveaux) when he was utterly running the game.

Don't know if you missed the point here but my original point was in the CM role Anita started the majority if it was a match up for him or Perch. So I picked Reading as an example where they had both been playing recently due to injuries then Cabaye came back and Pardew chose to start Anita not Perch. If Perch played it was defensive jobs like that sub was which fucked us up. I don't believe Perch was sold simply to stop him playing CM to allow Anita to play when Perch was hardly a mainstay player in that position and holding Anita back. Tiote in poor form was the one keeping Anita out which was wrong imo.