Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

It's amazing this club buys players the manager either hasn't heard of or isn't really interested in and the only way these newcomers get a look in is when cheaper players move on and they are all he's left with.

It's amazing this club buys players the manager either hasn't heard of or isn't really interested in and the only way these newcomers get a look in is when cheaper players move on and they are all he's left with.

Or injuries. We get an injury and it's like "you'll do"

It's not that amazing TBH, heard Harry Redknapp on the radio the other day saying "a lad's come in who I've never seen, but he's supposed to have talent" etc. I think if we really knew the sort of stuff that happens inside most football clubs we would be blown away TBH.

Interesting couple of lines in the Journal today in an article about Anita.

"Twelve months ago the jury was out on him, not least among Newcastle's coaching brains trust.

The Journal understands that one of the reasons James Perch was sold despite Pardew's exhortations to hand him a new contract was because Mike Ashley had been advised that Anita was being under-used."

You see ... so if Perch stays we never see the Anita we do today, and everyone would be claiming he was shit or not suited to the premier league.

This is why I refuse to accept the crap on Ben arfa or Marveaux, because I don't believe in  our manager at all. He's a clown.

"Coaching brains trust" :lol:

You've got to laugh, like. I know we aren't all clued up on the ins and outs of PL coaching but we just look woefully short in numbers and standard  :lol:

It just seems so amateur. Similar to that article not that long ago when they said the coaches reckoned bigi wouldn't make it, but had no reason for it. Laughable

Aye crackers. Wouldn't mind knowing who's the inside informant, like. Dirty rat :lol: Probably just the journal trolling us, first Bigi, now Anita, they'll be saying Krul has never practiced kicking in training next  :lol:

"Twelve months ago the jury was out on him, not least among Newcastle's coaching brains trust.

The Journal understands that one of the reasons James Perch was sold despite Pardew's exhortations to hand him a new contract was because Mike Ashley had been advised that Anita was being under-used."

You see ... so if Perch stays we never see the Anita we do today, and everyone would be claiming he was s*** or not suited to the premier league.

This is why I refuse to accept the crap on Ben arfa or Marveaux, because I don't believe in  our manager at all. He's a clown.

That was my interpretation as well  - that Anita would not have got his chance had Perch stayed.

I know Douglas really rates Anita and i sure as hell do too but the Cabaye comparisons do a disservice to all concerned.

Anita is not Cabaye and he never will be and same vice versa, what needs to happen is we need to buy a proper attacking midfielder to replace Cabaye to play infront of Anita and Tiote.

Highly doubtful that will happen though.

I know Douglas really rates Anita and i sure as hell do too but the Cabaye comparisons do a disservice to all concerned.

Anita is not Cabaye and he never will be and same vice versa, what needs to happen is we need to buy a proper attacking midfielder to replace Cabaye to play infront of Anita and Tiote.

Highly doubtful that will happen though.

:thup: Yep.

You see ... so if Perch stays we never see the Anita we do today, and everyone would be claiming he was shit or not suited to the premier league.

Precisely. Bang on.

:lol: If that's true about Perch/Anita, it's hilarious.  The owner insisting we sold a vastly limited player so the manager would be forced to play the far more technically adept and talented Dutch International instead.  Brilliant. :lol:

Perch was being played ahead of Anita before he left!

And I do remember Pardew wasn't keen on selling Perch.

Anita definitely wouldn't have gotten as many opportunities as he has to play since, and therefore wouldn't have continued to improve.

Whole sell Perch to play Anita is bollocks, like. Perch offered good cover in a variety of positions and did a decent job. I do think Anita would have less minutes this season though and even that would be wrong in itself but no way does Pardew think Perch is better than Anita, not a chance in hell. They got pretty much the exact same game time last season i would say and that's with Anita adapting to the league.

Anita has forced his way into the side with good performances and other players should look up to him (not literally) for doing so when he could have easily taken a huff when first dropped for Tiote after being class in his absence. Regardless who was here, his performances would have forced his way in to a starting berth imo.

Whole sell Perch to play Anita is bollocks, like. Perch offered good cover in a variety of positions and did a decent job. I do think Anita would have less minutes this season though and even that would be wrong in itself but no way does Pardew think Perch is better than Anita, not a chance in hell. They got pretty much the exact same game time last season i would say and that's with Anita adapting to the league.

Anita has forced his way into the side with good performances and other players should look up to him (not literally) for doing so when he could have easily taken a huff when first dropped for Tiote after being class in his absence. Regardless who was here, his performances would have forced his way in to a starting berth imo.

:lol: he definitely preferred perch as a player without a shadow of a doubt. Hence him picking him over Anita.  1/10 troll attempt :pow:

Not having that, like. He picked Anita ahead of Perch as well though  :lol: I bet they both got about the same amount of time on the pitch? No way was it a landslide win for Perch even though he did cover every fucker in a defensive position :lol: Perch put in some excellent performances, tbh more so than Anita last season but most knew Anita would come on leaps and bounds.