Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

You say that like it's an obvious decision when it really isn't. Changing the team as you suggest would pretty much negate our top scorer's attacking contribution, to accommodate a player who has looked better in late cameos when he's come off the bench.

perhaps if we have a player like thauvin on the wing playing with confidence it'd open up more opportunities for wijnaldum through the middle?  there are no absolutes but i'd strongly argue that giving thauvin 10 minutes here or there is going to achieve the sum total of fuck all for his development

Whether we like it or not it seems like McClaren is set on having two CM's who by and large hold their position in the middle of the park. I'm very hesitant to move Wijnaldum out of the spot he's done so well in and into a deeper role, as much as I want to see Tiote and Anita's "partnership" broken up.

I'm not convinced that's his chosen style personally, rather an acknowledgment that his CM options are Anita, Tiote and Colback and they're not capable of anything else.

Either way it seems pretty clear he doesn't see Wijnaldum as a CM, he started Gouffran in CM rather than move Wij there. :lol:

Not defending his decision by the way, think he's settled on a very ugly formation and setup these last few games.

Not sure, my guess is the Norwich game has made him think he's lucked onto something with Wijnaldum playing wide and ghosting in late but it's not really worked to much effect since that game.  Before that he'd tried Wijnaldum central when he was just getting used to things and he struggled there.

Anyway we all know he needs to change it, Thauvin needs to come into the fold ASAP as does Aarons if he's ever fit again and if that means moving both Wijnaldum and Sissoko central to do it then he needs to get on with it.  We won't get to safety by not fucking scoring :lol:

Him and Tiote as a midfield 2 is just awful.  Even worse than Colback and one of those two, if that's possible. 

Tiote is brain dead and just makes rash challenges all the while.  Anita goes AWOL and isn't anywhere near physical enough to play in the current system.  They were played off the park by Dan Gosling and some bloke I've never heard of with gay hair. 

I read the other day we're targeting a winger and a centre back?  I hope that means we're looking to play Wijnaldum as a centre mid again.  Because we desperately need someone in there who can actually pass a football forwards and maybe effect the game in the opposition's half.

• 3 weeks later...

Charlie Nicholas summed him up well at the weekend. "What is Anita, I have no idea what he does."

Yet according to some reports I read he was our best player on Saturday. I think that tells you all you need to know.

Charlie Nicholas summed him up well at the weekend. "What is Anita, I have no idea what he does."

Yet according to some reports I read he was our best player on Saturday. I think that tells you all you need to know.

The lad never stopped running which is the least you'd expect. He was noticeably shouting at all the others as well. Not that they were listening to him mind.

Playing Anita is like playing with 10 men.  You don't realise he's playing until he makes a f*** up.  Bigi was better than him and he's back at Coventry

So was Abied.

Aye but he was mates with HBA and we all know that's not allowed.