Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

He was pretty decent last season like, was solid in most games, rarely got beat, and just did his job. Don't get the hate like.

I don't hate him. He's a good professional, just not a very good player. Rafa preferred Colback to him for the majority of the time in central midfield and as a right back he was hopelessly exposed when up against a decent winger.

Fair enough, but I don't recall him ever really being beaten last season.

You weren't at the Fulham game?

He was pretty decent last season like, was solid in most games, rarely got beat, and just did his job. Don't get the hate like.

I don't hate him. He's a good professional, just not a very good player. Rafa preferred Colback to him for the majority of the time in central midfield and as a right back he was hopelessly exposed when up against a decent winger.

Fulham at home. That's all I can remember off the top of my head, like.

Fulham at home. That's all I can remember off the top of my head, like.

Wolves at home he was just as bad. There was also a match towards the end of the season when it looked like there was something wrong with him he was so bad. Preston maybe.

He got absolutely murdered against Preston, they had fairly quick players down their left and kept hitting long diagonals over his head. It was a complete car crash of a performance, 1st half display was especially poor.

He got absolutely murdered against Preston, they had fairly quick players down their left and kept hitting long diagonals over his head. It was a complete car crash of a performance, 1st half display was especially poor.

Aye, he was. He seriously needed to be subbed off that game, was at fault for their goal.

Yeah Preston he looked unfit though, never remember him being so slow maybe all the niggly injuries taking there toll

He was out of position all the time, kept hugging the halfway line, and if he moved it was into a central position, not back into his position.

I was expecting Anita to fancy a new challenge. Switch to a less physical league in order to play as a CM.. but to remain in the Championship? With Leeds?? After all those disappointments he witnessed at NUFC, he decides to move to the epitome of under-performing and badly-run clubs.

This indicates that Anita might have accepted lesser terms here but seemingly Rafa has decided against it, despite playing him in nearly every game during his tenure. If Rafa doesn't rate his "key players" that much, imagine how he feels about those he never plays :lol:

A 16 yr old kid tore him a new arse hole in the Fulham game...was embarassing for him

Anyone seen his SSN interview?

He looks like Ross off Friends when he had his teeth whitened.

Glad you thought long and hard about this comment before pressing 'post'

Good luck to him, could be a nice move for him if the owner is a little better than the last bloke and the manager is a bit of a diamond in the rough. Wish him all the best.

I supposed he may have become accustomed to the English way of life and the large wages available to players in the country. It is surprising to see him settle for this as he has been in the national side before and was considered a fairly good prospect before his misadventures at this club. I wish him well anyway. He didn't have the physicality to affect matches in this league and NUFC's style of play, but he seemed a decent teammate at least.