Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Surely they'll be paying him no more than 30k/week, in which case he'd have been a decent squad player for us for that sort of money.

Maybe he didn't want to be a squad player for us. Or more hopefully, Rafa might have no place for him in the squad once he signs a couple of top quality midfielders.

Guest neesy111

Surely they'll be paying him no more than 30k/week, in which case he'd have been a decent squad player for us for that sort of money.

Maybe he didn't want to be a squad player for us. Or more hopefully, Rafa might have no place for him in the squad once he signs a couple of top quality midfielders.

As the stage of his career, I think he would want to be starting more games.

Never should have signed him for an Alan Pardew team. The epitome of the disconnect between recruitment and management, a player known for playing it on the ground as part of a pass-and-move team and supposedly well regarded at Ajax was never, ever going to succeed in the middle for us under Pardew. Let alone the question of whether he was even suited to the Premier League in the first place...

At one point he was over rated here. DUTCH INTERNATIONAL.  PASSINF STYLE.  TECHNICAL.  PARDEWED. 

Keep it honest. He were s***.

Good luck to him though.

Used to love those games where he'd get overly excited about starting and spend the first 20mins belting 100mph passes at players 3 yards away.

He always seemed to me a guy with a good technical ability but with actually not that much of a football brain to use it. For a midfielder that's an awful trait, he never seemed to read games correctly. That's why he was moderately more successful as an RB I guess.

Very decent, neat and tidy footballer and a really nice person as well.

He definitely fit the Rafa template as far as personality and character were concerned but obviously, and unfortunately, not necessarily the football part.

Neat and tidy sums him up perfectly. Not a bad footballer exactly but at this level thoroughly incapable of dominating games in the middle and making any impact going forward. The definition of poor scouting, basically.

At one point he was over rated here. DUTCH INTERNATIONAL.  PASSINF STYLE.  TECHNICAL.  PARDEWED. 

Keep it honest. He were shit.

Good luck to him though. 

"He were shit." :anguish: :anguish:

He wasn't either.

Quite often had shocking first touch and general control in possession for a technical player.

All sideways and backwards, boring to watch, ineffective midfielder.

Okay fullback, but his legs look to be going a bit and he gets caught out against pace.

Quite often had shocking first touch and general control in possession for a technical player.

All sideways and backwards, boring to watch, ineffective midfielder.

Okay fullback, but his legs look to be going a bit and he gets caught out against pace.

Glad someone said it. Agree with everything there. Played well in a few games, but not enough.

The two things I'll remember about him - His goal in the Europa League and his big fat ass.

The two things I'll remember about him - His goal in the Europa League and his big fat ass.

Well that's just weird, to be fair.

I'll remember his hilarious performances on the right wing against Fulham last August.

Well that's just weird, to be fair.

I'll remember his hilarious performances on the right wing against Fulham last August.

It was huge! I don't know how you could not notice tbh.

Cracking signing for Leeds. I wish him the best of luck and hope he gets the football he deserves. Top bloke.

Keep it honest. He were s***.

Good luck to him though.

... how nobody has turned your internet off yet, I'll never know. I was hoping you'd have buggered off while I was away.