Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Cannot stand this 'and, of course, it's the mighty Premier Legaue' bollocks. He's playing against sunderland, man.

God help our poor Luuk when he has to face Crystal Palace, Hull, Fulham, and Stoke? Send him back now, he'll never make it!

:thup:

Sums up Pardew quite well. De Jong hasn't been here "preparing" for the game the whole week, of course he can't start then.

There's no way in hell we should be starting de Jong against the mackems. Maybe a cameo from the bench. But as it stands he's had no time whatsoever to get to know his teammates, get his fitness up, or get his confidence back.

Dropping him into a derby game with a team he's never played with, in a league he's never played in, with all the expectation that you're already putting on him... it would be madness.

how unfit can this lad be for fucks sake?  sounds like bullshit, he simply hasn't had enough time for pardew to sit him down with the dossier and explain his defensive duties in enough detail

He hasn't started a game this season has he?

As Wullie pointed out though, Shola hasn't been match fit since 2006 so even if not fully fit De Jong would be a better option by the simple fact he can move.

how unfit can this lad be for f***s sake?  sounds like bullshit, he simply hasn't had enough time for pardew to sit him down with the dossier and explain his defensive duties in enough detail

Food poisoning probably.

how unfit can this lad be for fucks sake?  sounds like bullshit, he simply hasn't had enough time for pardew to sit him down with the dossier and explain his defensive duties in enough detail

Shola hasn't been match fit since 2006

:lol:

I just hope when he does bring him on its who are chasing the game. He needs a huge welcome and I'm not sure he will get one if we are behind. Feelings are shit enough as it is right now after another shit transfer window.

The fact that Pardew won't start him today sums him up very well. Cautious, negative c***.

I'd obviously start De Jong over Shola but let's not forget that the German league has a long winter break and add that to the fact that he hasn't played many games and I don't think it's that ridiculous that De Jong won't start. If we only had Gouff or Cisse fit...

The fact that Pardew won't start him today sums him up very well. Cautious, negative c***.

I'd obviously start De Jong over Shola but let's not forget that the German league has a long winter break and add that to the fact that he hasn't played many games and I don't think it's that ridiculous that De Jong won't start. If we only had Gouff or Cisse fit...

If we had anyone else fit, then fine but the alternative is Shola, he can be ad unfit ad you could possibly be and still be better.

Wasn't this kid away at a fitness camp with his German club getting his fitness levels up  just prior to us signing him?

Granted he might not be sharp but he has got to be fit enough to play an hour. Will probably get the token 30 mins at the end of the game when HBA gets cramp.

Wasn't this kid away at a fitness camp with his German club getting his fitness levels up  just prior to us signing him?

Granted he might not be sharp but he has got to be fit enough to play an hour. Will probably get the token 30 mins at the end of the game when HBA gets cramp.

I suppose the scoreline will define if/when we see him.