Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Kluivert was going downhill when he arrived here but at Ajax he was one of the most complete centre forwards I've seen. Marco van Basten is probably the other one who made scoring goals look like art.

Can the Kluivert had a poor first touch post be added to the most ridiculous things said on here please.

As an opinion, yes.

Some things Stifler says is beyond batshit mental.

Aye but that's to be expected these days.

Considering De Jong had barely played I think he's done well so far. He's all round game is very good and if he can start scoring we're gonna have a class striker on the books.

Does any know much about the deal, like if there's an option to buy. Fee agreed etc?

If we can keep Remy then I think we need to keep LDJ too, he seems the perfect foil for him and if he starts chipping in with his own goals we'll have a formidable strike force. Of course that would require us to have some ambition!

Considering De Jong had barely played I think he's done well so far. He's all round game is very good and if he can start scoring we're gonna have a class striker on the books.

Does any know much about the deal, like if there's an option to buy. Fee agreed etc?

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140129/newcastle-complete-de-jong-capture_2281670_3644177

The 23-year-old arrives at St. James' Park from Borussia Monchengladbach on loan to the end of the season, with an option to make the move permanent.

I can see why he went for all that money (considering his goal record in Holland).

Even if he could only manage Gouffran type numbers in front of goal he would be well worth the money.

His all round game is genuinely great. We haven't had this type of team forward since Bellamy (although in a much different way) or dare I say Kluivert?

Viduka?

Guest Howaythetoon

Kluivert is one of my favourite all-time players and while he wasn't exactly great for us, I can at least say I saw him play for us. If he had Christiano Ronaldo's professionalism or attitude we would be talking about one of the all-time greats in Kluivert because for me anyway, as a CF, he had the lot. He was a number 10 and a number 9. He was better than Ronaldo and Shearer when playing at his absolute best, but his attitude was never the best. He was an absolutely sublime footballer though. Barca should be my second club because I grew up idolising Romario, Stoichkov, Hagi, De la Pena, Guardiola, Kluivert, Rivaldo etc. I used to love watching them in the early to late 90s.

Wasn't De La Peña a flop at Barca?

Flawed Genius is how i'd describe him, had some ridiculous moments but also had games where he did nothing.

Guti was similar, but like De La Pena i loved watching them both in full flight.

Guest Howaythetoon

Better than Ronaldo!?

No, obviously not, but at his absolute best he was a better all-rounder for me because he was not only a number 9 but also a number 10. He could never put in the consistency though and that was partly down to his general attitude. Like I said, if he applied himself the way Christiano Ronaldo does, we'd be talking about him in the same vein as he and indeed Ronaldo et al, rather than a great player at some point which is what he'll be remembered as.

The day we signed him though, and that performance in the friendly at home to Barca... I dreamed of him playing for us and he did. Even though he was well past it when he joined us, he stood out massively as an extremely talented player, one we've rarely seen in our colours.

Guest Howaythetoon

Injured a lot from what I remember but he was a lovely player, and a tough guy too. Barca over the years man. I know Real have had Zidane and Raul, Ronaldo and Christiano Ronaldo and Figo of course, but Barca have had some ridiculous talent.

Flawed Genius is how i'd describe him, had some ridiculous moments but also had games where he did nothing.

Guti was similar, but like De La Pena i loved watching them both in full flight.

Guti stayed at Madrid for years, right? De La Peña was better when he moved on iirc. Bit like Riquelme.

Guti stayed at Madrid for years, right? De La Peña was better when he moved on iirc. Bit like Riquelme.

He did but mainly because he was a youth product.... he was always a very inconsistent player capable of ridiculous moments of magic like De La Pena.

Obviously there's no comparison with their career paths but in terms of how they played i found them to be similar.