Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

And make an agreement with the other 19 managers to exclusively use Dutch defenders, while he's at it.

You're right, I forgot the whole Dutch defender = ball travels a lot quicker towards their own goal thing.

And make an agreement with the other 19 managers to exclusively use Dutch defenders, while he's at it.

You're right, I forgot the whole Dutch defender = ball travels a lot quicker towards their own goal thing.

Yeah, OK. The German league, where Cisse scored goals for fun, no doubt also harshly failed to appreciate this hidden ability.

I'm sure we'll be fine with Cisse and Goufrran (playing as a second full back) next season. Taking a 23 year old who not long ago was rated at around £13m, for a season on loan would be utterly ridiculous.

Would still take him on loan.

1) I have said from the half a season isn't enough to judge a player.

2) We might have a decent manager.

3) If we don't get a decent manager we will need to sign a few strikers which Ashley clearly won't, unless they are really cheap.

Don't just judge him on half a season, judge him on his time in Germany as well.

His half season loan at NUFC was his audition and he failed miserably. He hasn't even looked like scoring. I wouldn't want us to loan him again. It's a waste of a loan and the fee. I wouldn't want NUFC to buy him even if he only cost £2m.

I'm sure we'll be fine with Cisse and Goufrran (playing as a second full back) next season. Taking a 23 year old who not long ago was rated at around £13m, for a season on loan would be utterly ridiculous.

Shola has proven to be more of a goal threat. Shola has scored a couple of goals. If loaning Luuk de Jong is NUFC's master plan to avoid relegation next season then we're doomed. I refuse to believe we can't do better.

Would still take him on loan.

1) I have said from the half a season isn't enough to judge a player.

2) We might have a decent manager.

3) If we don't get a decent manager we will need to sign a few strikers which Ashley clearly won't, unless they are really cheap.

You could make that case for any footballer in the world though Jon. There has to be a line drawn somewhere.

Our ambitions should be higher than taking a shit player on loan just in case he turns out good one day. We need 2 good strikers at least, I fear signing 1 decent one and keeping De Jong will be all.

Our ambitions should be higher than taking a shit player on loan just in case he turns out good one day. We need 2 good strikers at least, I fear signing 1 decent one and keeping De Jong will be all.

That's the point though isn't it? Our (the clubs) ambition isn't higher. We will be lucky to replace Remy let alone sign another forward who will definitely do well for us. We are currently in a position where the only striker who will definitely be here and played in the correct position next season is Cisse.

I'm not a fan of settling but we really aren't in a position to be choosy considering who is financing the club and the amount of players we need. I would not be remotely surprised if we signed some old, old of contract, was half decent at his peak a few years ago forward and that's our lot. I'd like at least one striker who could possibly improve even if he has been a dud so far, Pardew isn't going to give the likes of Armstrong or Campbell a chance is he?

That's the point though isn't it? Our (the clubs) ambition isn't higher. We will be lucky to replace Remy let alone sign another forward who will definitely do well for us. We are currently in a position where the only striker who will definitely be here and played in the correct position next season is Cisse.

I'm not a fan of settling but we really aren't in a position to be choosy considering who is financing the club and the amount of players we need. I would not be remotely surprised if we signed some old, old of contract, was half decent at his peak a few years ago forward and that's our lot. I'd like at least one striker who could possibly improve even if he has been a dud so far, Pardew isn't going to give the likes of Armstrong or Campbell a chance is he?

Even Ashley knows that would guarantee relegation. I think we'll spend "big" on a striker. £8-10m.

I can't think of a worse time for a forward to come to this club on loan and try to force a transfer.

I can think of several. Like when we weren't absolutely crying out for a striker to stake a claim, for a start.

I can think of several. Like when we weren't absolutely crying out for a striker to stake a claim, for a start.

My comment had more to do with the shite we serve up week after week.

One of Shola's was from an absolute peach of a cross and in a side where he was allowed to be the actual front man. De Jong's often been asked to be some sort of deep-lying target man, it's patently not suited to him. Still see something in him, not sure why, he's just obviously not going to at all succeed in this team with his reliance on service and need for confidence.

That's fine, but on the other hand all he had to do was vaguely look like scoring - even Shola's got 2 in his 2 starts - to make a case for himself. 

That's true, I'm not making a case for him, we'd be mad to sign him going off what we've seen here, I still think he's been given the shit end of the stick.

Agree like. It's not like he's been unlucky, been denied by class keeping, dodgy decisions or the woodwork. He's offered absolutely bot all goal threat whatsoever.

Genuinely struggle to think of a player with weaker shot power who's worn our shirt in my lifetime. I did think Lovenkrands but then I remember that goal away at Blackpool; LDJ would have hit his usual bobbled passback in the vague direction of the goal.