Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Luuk de Jong: Benfica would be a good club for me‎

Goal.com - 2 minutes ago

Luuk de Jong: Benfica would be a good club for me. The prolific ... Twente striker Luuk de Jong has said that he would consider a summer transfer to Benfica.

No, this doesn't mean that Demba is leaving. De Jong plays mostly centrally.

He can play wide too despite his big frame.

Big frame?

I was meaning more height wise rather than build. He's a bit ungamely but skillful, no?

If we've actually bid for him it's pretty clear that Ba is going.

Based on what? Pardew said only today that we had more money to spend what with the extra TV revenue.

£8 million on a centre forward when we'd already have Ba and Cisse? He's a 21 year old full international and very promising, he isn't coming here to warm the bench.

No, this doesn't mean that Demba is leaving. De Jong plays mostly centrally.

He can play wide too despite his big frame.

Big frame?

I was meaning more height wise rather than build. He's a bit ungamely but skillful, no?

Ah right. I wouldn't exactly say he was a big frame. More a Huntelaar like build..

If we've actually bid for him it's pretty clear that Ba is going.

Based on what? Pardew said only today that we had more money to spend what with the extra TV revenue.

£8 million on a centre forward when we'd already have Ba and Cisse? He's a 21 year old full international and very promising, he isn't coming here to warm the bench.

Still just a very young lad though. For all the chat on here about Ba, there's been absolutely zero to suggest he's going anywhere. Like i said, Pardew came out today saying we have more money to spend than initially thought. He's been going on about Ashley starting to fall in love with the whole idea again and maybe he's said we need to build on the squad if we're going to take Europe seriously.

I'm going to stay rational because as things stand, Ba is a Newcastle player and there's been nowt to suggest he's leaving.

Guest bimpy474

Not on SSN, on just regular Sky apparently.

Ladyboys is on Sky Living, not mentioned on there like.

My FC Twente supporting brother in law thinks he's the dog's bollocks by the way. Reckon he's very determined and sets himself ambitious targets each season. Said this year's was to be NL top scorer.

The Twente fan on BigSoccer (who said Tiote was mint before we signed him) reckons he's class too from when I've read on there.