Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

I am staggered that the club refused a 9m bid for Cisse from Qatar - apart from the fact that they are almost getting the original transfer fee back after the player has performed disastrously over the past 18 months, they would be selling him to a place where  he couldn't return to haunt us.

The only conclusion to be drawn from this is that they are after loan players/deals only and will simply hang on to the likes of Cisse and Ameobi if they can't get them. This tells you all you need to know about Ashley's short term

commitment to the club...he just wants to get to the end of the season in the hope that we can be sold after that.

Unless Moenchengladbach are prepared to loan us de Jong, I will be surprised if this move goes ahead.

As to whether de Jong would be an improvement on Cisse, well like most decent Dutch players, he should at least give us more movement up front than does Cisse...I have seen him on Youtube playing in Holland and he looked to have something - maybe a change of club would help him show what he can do. It surely can't be worse than what we have now...

Guest Roger Kint

This one looks set to happen then, although it hardly quickens the pulse.

Speak for yourself. If it pushes Shola closer to damnation I'd say it's fucking brilliant.

Very much this

This one looks set to happen then, although it hardly quickens the pulse.

Speak for yourself. If it pushes Shola closer to damnation I'd say it's f***ing brilliant.

Very much this

de Jong only has to beat 0 goals in 749 minutes!

I was gutted when this didn't take place when we were first linked even though i'd never seen him before but he was highly rated. I then watched him in the under 21 championships and he was very meh. Was disappointed with what i seen from him but at this moment in time, i'd welcome pretty much anybody with open arms if it means more attacking options.

Aren't these two fairly average?

Siem de Jong is a very good player, easily the best of the two. As for Luuk, the jury is still out on him, but he's youngish and worth a gamble imho.

Isn't Siem more of an attacking midfielder? What's his game like?

Aren't these two fairly average?

Siem de Jong is a very good player, easily the best of the two. As for Luuk, the jury is still out on him, but he's youngish and worth a gamble imho.

Isn't Siem more of an attacking midfielder? What's his game like?

He plays further forward than that most of the time. Think support striker. Gets on the end of a lot of chances through good movement. Decent finisher. I don't think he's what we need currently, as I would prefer a genuine centre forward who can bring others into play and create/finish chances himself, but I wouldn't say he's average. Could actually see him end up at somebody like Arsenal or Chelsea.