Douglas

BONTEMPI

The interview on talksport with their Dutch correspondant (Van der Kraan?) was interesting in revealing just how complex it is in dealing with South American players and their multiple agents all wanting a slice of the cake. Can see this one happening but there's clearly a mountain of stuff to sort out.

He's Dutch now. He can ditch all the agents.

Isn't the issue that there is a gap between his gaining Dutch citizenship and becoming eligible to play for the Dutch national team? The second part comes to pass just before the transfer window "slams shut" , doesn't it...?

Can't he sign for us and still officially be classed as living in Holland? At least for a few weeks.

I can't see this holding things up, deal has gone quiet probably because we offered what we thought he was worth due to him having one year left and we won't budge. We may offer it again as the window closes with a promise to Twente we will offer him a contract as soon as it's happy new year.

Given that he has Dutch citizenship but can't yet play for the Dutch team, that suggests to me that it's a FIFA thing, in which case it certainly would be something to hold the deal up, given that they're crooked cunts!

Personally, I think there is an agreement in place to sign him when the time comes - which is why this chase has "gone quiet" and yet there is no other real talk about centre halves.

Given that he has Dutch citizenship but can't yet play for the Dutch team, that suggests to me that it's a FIFA thing, in which case it certainly would be something to hold the deal up, given that they're crooked cunts!

Personally, I think there is an agreement in place to sign him when the time comes - which is why this chase has "gone quiet" and yet there is no other real talk about centre halves.

Pards also confirmed it as a legit transfer chase at the talk in along with Carroll and Anita (who has of course since signed).

Yeah, he already has a Dutch passport but FIFA requires 5 years residency to represent another country. That's why he has to stay til August to be eligible for Holland.

We probably won't know until near the end of the transfer window whether this is a goer.

Agents, like hangers-on family members, clutch at your ankles for the rest of your life even after migration to a first-world country. Ask me, I'm still trying to block my numerous uncles' friend request on Facebook, but they make new accounts every day and keep trying. Havin' none of it.

:lol:

Given that he has Dutch citizenship but can't yet play for the Dutch team, that suggests to me that it's a FIFA thing, in which case it certainly would be something to hold the deal up, given that they're crooked c***s!

:snod:

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/226479/Douglas-na-treffen-met-NEC-naar-Fulham-of-Newcastle.htm?

Douglas after meeting with NEC to Fulham and Newcastle

20/08/2012 21:19

Chances are that Douglas next Sunday against NEC his last game for FC Twente plays. Fulham and Newcastle United have reported to the manager of the Brazilian defender.

"The clubs have announced to want to do business," said FC Twente chairman Joop Munsterman. "We have not heard anything concrete, but if a proper compensation is, in our view, should Douglas leave because he was otherwise free transfer next year the door."

Both clubs from the Premier League have been a salary Douglas indication that he can find.

It is for Douglas is important to the game against NEC anyway to play. To finally be eligible for Orange Douglas must first five years in the Netherlands have been active. In the course of next week, Fulham or Newcastle United finally do business. (Peter Wekking)

No problem, TT.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/226479/Douglas-na-treffen-met-NEC-naar-Fulham-of-Newcastle.htm?

Douglas after meeting with NEC to Fulham and Newcastle

20/08/2012 21:19

Chances are that Douglas next Sunday against NEC his last game for FC Twente plays. Fulham and Newcastle United have reported to the manager of the Brazilian defender.

"The clubs have announced to want to do business," said FC Twente chairman Joop Munsterman. "We have not heard anything concrete, but if a proper compensation is, in our view, should Douglas leave because he was otherwise free transfer next year the door."

Both clubs from the Premier League have been a salary Douglas indication that he can find.

It is for Douglas is important to the game against NEC anyway to play. To finally be eligible for Orange Douglas must first five years in the Netherlands have been active. In the course of next week, Fulham or Newcastle United finally do business. (Peter Wekking)

No problem, TT

Can none of these fuckers talk properly? Ffs

f*** off Fulham

Glad they got Ruiz though  :iamatwat:

I think Ruiz will have a better season this year. Started off very poor, took him a while to find his feet as can be the case with players from the Dutch league but seemed to grow more as a player as the season went on. Set quite a few goals up last season but needs to have more of an influence in games and needs to score more goals. Not sure if he'll live up to the 10M they paid for him but hopefully he'll shine, he's a classy player.

I can still see this Douglas deal coming off, hopefully we get him in as I think we could do with another centre half. From what i've heard; I think he'll compliment Coloccini, could have a superb CB partnership on our hands.

What are we like with him and the Europa league? Cup tied?

I'd like him but firmly on a rotational basis with Taylor. If he's cup tied for the Europa it sort of defeats the purpose.

Can't be cup-tied if you have only played in the qualifiers IIRC.

I'd like him but firmly on a rotational basis with Taylor. If he's cup tied for the Europa it sort of defeats the purpose.

Isnt their a stage in the competition where you can register cup tied players? Might be totally making this up though.

I like Ruiz, quick technically good fits well into a fulham atm who I think could if they string results together have a similar season to what we did last season if they keep the likes of Mulumbu. Reckon it won't last as Jol will induce some catastrophic falling out in the squad or something

It wouldn't matter, he wouldn't be cup tied once we get to the proper rounds.

I like Ruiz, quick technically good fits well into a fulham atm who I think could if they string results together have a similar season to what we did last season if they keep the likes of Mulumbu. Reckon it won't last as Jol will induce some catastrophic falling out in the squad or something

He's not quick like. He's good and I'm surprised by his lack of productivity, but he's not a fast player at all.

Dembele?