Official: Daniel Sturridge is injured

TRC

My only concern is there is absolutely nothing to suggest he’ll be able to stay fit

What's his injury record this year?

100% unavailable this calendar year. Suffered minor muscle related setback just after Christmas having already been unavailable for most of December.

I thought it had been reported that he was available for selection for the last couple of weeks but Klopp didn't want him in the squad if he was going.

Get in. Happy with this, until he's inevitably injured. He annoys me that he's so ignorant in his play usually, but he fucking needs to be if he's oplaying up top for us. There'll be nee other cunt around to give the ball to.

Yeah I was going to say we've really missed a striker with the presence to demand goals from the rest of the team, Sturridge is a right sticky bastard when he gets in the right areas and shoots a lot and early as well. Just what we need.

£3.6m outlay for Sturridge or £20m for Nico.

Sturridge makes a lot more sense. It is actually worse from a financial point of view though for the club other than us staying up because of it.

Well yeah, but staying up will make it financially a lot better deal. We could spend £20m on Jorgensen and he still might not score goals. At least with Sturridge it's just about his fitness. For £3.5m you are getting virtually guaranteed goals.

Even if he's only fit for half our games, he'll improve us. And with the World Cup on the horizon, there's a chance he could sneak into the squad.

Unpopular opinion - I've always liked the celebration.

Has to be a huge selling point if he still has ambition. Come here get on the end of the chances we have been making/will make, be our first choice.

What fucking intent would that be ? Loaning a player so we don't have to buy one. What a fucking joke, not Sturridge obviously but the way this club works under Ashley.

We can buy a player, but is it worth spending over the odds on a somewhat unknown, if someone with proven class is available on loan?

You have that risk anytime don't you, if buy from abroad especially, I get the proven class part mind. Someone else has said it, say we do stay up we're back to square one.

Why can't we treat the manager and in turn us the fans with a bit of respect and buy him the players he wants, though while expensive, are not unreasonable prices compared to some these days. It's pathetic how we're scrambling around on the 29th of January, utterly pathetic.

£3.6m outlay for Sturridge or £20m for Nico.

Sturridge makes a lot more sense. It is actually worse from a financial point of view though for the club other than us staying up because of it.

Well yeah, but staying up will make it financially a lot better deal. We could spend £20m on Jorgensen and he still might not score goals. At least with Sturridge it's just about his fitness. For £3.5m you are getting virtually guaranteed goals.

What are the odds for him staying fit for the rest of the season? Pretty far from virtually guaranteed goals. :lol:

Would still obviously love this to happen despite hating loans, Sturridge and his godawful celebration.