Junior Hoilett finally joins QPR

Guest sicko2ndbest

There's a lot of cherry picking of games when defending Carroll it seems. You can't write it off an entire season when he played in 35 out of 38 games.

To bring it back onto whatever is left of the topic, Hoilett scored more league goals last season in a team that got relegated than Carroll has for Liverpool.

Of which he started how many? You're ignoring the entire argument put towards you, pointless discussion anyway. Going over your head mostly.

The entire argument WAS that Carroll hasn't proved he's as good as the nostalgia hunters think. Picking out the odd game he scored in changes nothing.

4 goals in 21 starts. Embarrassing record for a striker an an embarrassing stat to be basing your "argument" on too. Best got 4 in 16 starts  :iamatwat:

You dont understand the context of the replies like i said. The idea wasnt to show you he was class last season, it was to show why he would have lost confidence at Pool. The discussion was about whether his time with us or at Pool was a closer indication of his general ability. Your argument was that he was only temporarily good with us because he had...confidence & that we're seeing the "true carroll" now. Bizarrely implying that he is a man forever set up to be unconfident. I was showing you why that looked temporary, due to his injuries, then expectation, then Dalglish not starting him consistantly & more recently his form being solid.

You replied by pointing out that he was crap last season, in a pointless circular manner  :thup:

We bid 25M? Eh?

Widely reported at the time (January 2011), with quotes from old 'arry backing it up (the offer, not necessarily the amount).

The reporting was all based on one Sun article IIRC. I absolutely do not believe that we would have offered 25M for Carroll, just as I do not believe we offered 30M (or whatever it was supposed to be) for Rossi.

Anyway, Hoilett. Useful squad player, if he's happy with that and the wages it would bring - but I wouldn't have in in my first XI.

We bid 25M? Eh?

Widely reported at the time (January 2011), with quotes from old 'arry backing it up (the offer, not necessarily the amount).

The reporting was all based on one Sun article IIRC. I absolutely do not believe that we would have offered 25M for Carroll, just as I do not believe we offered 30M (or whatever it was supposed to be) for Rossi.

Anyway, Hoilett. Useful squad player, if he's happy with that and the wages it would bring - but I wouldn't have in in my first XI.

Was quite widely reported, if you google for "spurs bid carroll". On the 29th of Jan both ESPN and Skysports reported a bid or 23/25 million had been rejected. In early february Redknapp also alluded to this in a Talksport interview. Not that it matters really.

As regards to Hoilett: I'd take him here if he's withing our wage structure. Would fit quite well in a 433 formation.

Guest BooBoo

Is Freddie Shepherd running QPR these days?

This is the sort of "ambition" that that titheed NE5 would be lapping up.

Guest Chubby Jason

Tbf Hoilett at £50k a week is one of their more sensible deals of recent times.

Yeah. Isn't Onouha on something like £60K a week? :lol:

From Mirror link above: "QPR might be able to avoid having to agree a fee or going to a tribunal, as Ewood Park boss Steve Kean would take Mackie in exchange for Hoilett".

Hmmm wonder if they'd fancy Ranger, Obertan and/or Simpson . We could then not pay the fee either.

He seems  (from the papers) hellbent on going to whover is going to give him the biggest weekly wedge. Surely we'd be able to offer him say £35 to £40k per week plus some bonuses and/or the option of more if he does well and/or a really nice signing on fee.

After going through relegation last year and playing in a poor team you would think the lad would relish playing in a set up like ours with the exciting players we now have, a team that looks like it's going places and could challenge for a CL spot (well if we sign 3- 4 quality players). He looks a hell of a talent and would fit perfectly imo. Shame he seems a bit of a mercenary.

If he does sign hope everything goes tits up and we buy him next year when QPR go down. He'll probably keep them up though : ( ...Very good signing for QPR really ...definately our loss imo

From Mirror link above: "QPR might be able to avoid having to agree a fee or going to a tribunal, as Ewood Park boss Steve Kean would take Mackie in exchange for Hoilett".

Hmmm wonder if they'd fancy Ranger, Obertan and/or Simpson . We could then not pay the fee either.

He seems  (from the papers) hellbent on going to whover is going to give him the biggest weekly wedge. Surely we'd be able to offer him say £35 to £40k per week plus some bonuses and/or the option of more if he does well and/or a really nice signing on fee.

After going through relegation last year and playing in a poor team you would think the lad would relish playing in a set up like ours with the exciting players we now have, a team that looks like it's going places and could challenge for a CL spot (well if we sign 3- 4 quality players). He looks a hell of a talent and would fit perfectly imo. Shame he seems a bit of a mercenary.

If he does sign hope everything goes tits up and we buy him next year when QPR go down. He'll probably keep them up though : ( ...Very good signing for QPR really ...definately our loss imo

Don't think it is our loss, we want players that want to play for the club not the wage and lifestyle. His attitude has been in question a long time, very talented player but poorly advised imo.

Don't think it is our loss, we want players that want to play for the club not the wage and lifestyle. His attitude has been in question a long time, very talented player but poorly advised imo.

Unless it's a significantly better club, 99% of players go to whoever is willing to pay them the most. QPR being willing to pay him top dollar is an indication they will sign the players they want and make sure they land them.

It's a bit like us under Sheppard though isn't it? We'd pay everyone much more than they were worth just so that they would come and play for us when they would really rather be elsewhere.

It's not a recipe for success unless it delivers almost instant and prolonged Champions League football.

(Not that it matters if you don't care about how big a loss you make, obviously)