The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Man City will complain again about a hard group but they'll never win the thing if they can't beat these kind of teams anyway.

They'll not get easier groups if they don't stop going in the group stages too. Got to build up that coefficient. They were second seeds anyway, it's BVB who should be the ones who feel bitter about it.

So is Jackson Martinez the latest relatively unknown mint South American Porto have bought and are going to sell for a ludicrous fee at the end of this or next season?

Good player from what i have seen and heard, seems the next mint Colombian to come through.

My question is how the f*ck do they do it every f*cking year.

Scouting, relatively similar cultures and lax work permit laws.

He's hardly a raw diamond like, been banging them in 1 in 2 throughout his career according to Wiki.

Aye and i'm sort of showing my ignorance with south american club football  ;)

Tbf Nut whatever happens in this group and Chelsea's there will likely be a quality side drop in regardless.

As it stands now...

Dynamo Kiev

Olympiakos

Milan

Ajax

Juventus

Bayern Munich

Spartak Moscow

Braga

Ouch. :lol:

fecking hellfire  :lol:

No match for Wor Obertan.

For the resources that he's had at his disposal at both Man City and Inter Mancini's Champions League record is pretty awful.

To have unlimited resources and still field Gareth Barry is astonishing quite frankly. Their CB situation is a joke and they lack natural width too.

For the resources that he's had at his disposal at both Man City and Inter Mancini's Champions League record is pretty awful.

To have unlimited resources and still field Gareth Barry is astonishing quite frankly. Their CB situation is a joke and they lack natural width too.

Bloke is a charlatan when it comes to managing in Europe like. Has he ever beaten a full strength decent opposition? Inter always went out against anyone decent and City can't get out of their 'tough' groups.

EDIT:

04-05 beaten H&A by AC Milan, beat Valencia.

05-06 knocked out by Villarreal

06-07 didn't beat Bayern in groups, knocked out by Valencia

07-08 knocked out by Liverpool, lost H&A.

10-11 2 draws v Juve, knocked out v Kiev

11-12 no wins v Napoli, beat understrength Bayern at home, dick Porto in Europa, out v Sporting

12-13 same shit different toilets

Think you asked before Tooj;

Mohamed Moallim  @jouracule 

The cost of Ajax's starting XI v Man City was €4.4M (including seven De Toekomst graduates). That puts the win into some perspective.

:lol:

I just want to say that I've bloody loved this round of the Champions League. Tons of upsets (well I suppose not massive upsets considering the quality of pretty much all of the teams but you know what I mean) and plenty of excitement.

Football is mint sometimes.

Pretty much every game I've seen in the Champions League this season has been absolutely fantastic. Guess I've been lucky to have picked the right games, but I can't remember watching so many games of so high quality before.