Fantasy Premier League 2012/13 - Join codes in OP

BlueStar

Guest Roger Kint

Lost the head to head with Ketsbaia due to that disgraceful bonus points fuckup last night  :idiot2: :rolleyes:

Think i will transfer out Ramires for a more goalscoring midfielder. Nolan/Michu or something depending on the next few games. try and build some cash to swap out Pogrebnyak too later.

Edit: Brought in Michu for AOC seeing as they are home this week. Just need to work on Ramires/De Guzman/Pog to ease out now.

64 points for the week, I was so close to picking Hazard as my captain instead of Torres which would have given me an additional 12 points and if Heitinga didn't come on for a minute Dyer would have come off my bench and given me an additional 15 points :lol: All ifs and buts like.

Lost the head to head with Ketsbaia due to that disgraceful bonus points fuckup last night  :idiot2: :rolleyes:

Think i will transfer out Ramires for a more goalscoring midfielder. Nolan/Michu or something depending on the next few games. try and build some cash to swap out Pogrebnyak too later.

Edit: Brought in Michu for AOC seeing as they are home this week. Just need to work on Ramires/De Guzman/Pog to ease out now.

7 out 7 in.

Joker played.

:yao:

Not sure whether to play my wildcard this week or next. I've go three players with no game in week 3 (2 Reading +  1 Chelsea) so will have to change before that. Would rather hang on another week and see how season develops but I've got Aguero (injured), Sinclair (probably won't play) and Lucas (picks up bookings + is up against Man City) all in my team who I'd like to get rid of.

Not sure whether to play my wildcard this week or next. I've go three players with no game in week 3 (2 Reading +  1 Chelsea) so will have to change before that. Would rather hang on another week and see how season develops but I've got Aguero (injured), Sinclair (probably won't play) and Lucas (picks up bookings + is up against Man City) all in my team who I'd like to get rid of.

Get the form players in asap.

I'm astounded to see so many people playing their WC so early, the other group I play this with a bunch of people used it already too :lol:

I mean, it's been just one week and it's too early to judge player form, the window isn't even closed so a bunch of interesting players might still come next week...

I'm astounded to see so many people playing their WC so early, the other group I play this with a bunch of people used it already too :lol:

I mean, it's been just one week and it's too early to judge player form, the window isn't even closed so a bunch of interesting players might still come next week...

Quicker you play it the better. You're losing points over the next 4-5 weeks while you rejig the side gradually. No point. With Spurs at home and annoyed at the loss last week 3 Spurs players was a must (Adebayor transfer as well).

One of my regrets from last season was playing the wildcard too early - think it was early October. Hoping to save it for the second half of the season, maybe another double gameweek.

Get another one in jan remember.

Guest Roger Kint

Using the wildcard before half way is very risky. I mean, you need to have made a serious hash of your initial selections if it's beneficial.

I usually forget all about it and use over Easter :lol:

One of my regrets from last season was playing the wildcard too early - think it was early October. Hoping to save it for the second half of the season, maybe another double gameweek.

Aye, exploiting double gameweeks is a good use for a WC, particularly around Jan-Feb when you can stack it up with the Jan wildcard.

I just don't believe you can judge your *entire* team selection so early into the season. Or that you have enough information to pick the best replacements for them either.

Yeah its to early, everyone forms can change & stronger players may come to the front. WC's can also be worth loads on Doubles like last night, Haz & Ivan got 45 on their own & thats only 2 players. Doubt many sides are costing anyone that atm let alone 6-12 changes.

Using the wildcard before half way is very risky. I mean, you need to have made a serious hash of your initial selections if it's beneficial.

There are benefits.  I mean, look at it this way - use your wildcard in the last week and you only get the benefit of it for one week.  Use it two weeks before the end and you get the benefit for two weeks etc.

Plus, the players whoa er in form now are going to start getting more expensive.  The players who are going to get bored and stop playing after a few months are going to be making their only trasnfers of the game.  Players like Michu and Petric are going to have some of the sharpest price increases we'll see all season.  If you get these kind of players in now, you're going to end up with more money than your rivals by the midpoitn of the season.

Already used my wildcard.  I had 3 Chelsea and 3 Reading players, and got a lot of points because of it this week, but it was always my intention to use it early to get rid of them, and pick up players who looked impressive early on.  Hazard, Jaaskelainen and Cisse are the only players I've actually kept from week 1. 

There are benefits.  I mean, look at it this way - use your wildcard in the last week and you only get the benefit of it for one week.  Use it two weeks before the end and you get the benefit for two weeks etc.

Plus, the players whoa er in form now are going to start getting more expensive.  The players who are going to get bored and stop playing after a few months are going to be making their only trasnfers of the game.  Players like Michu and Petric are going to have some of the sharpest price increases we'll see all season.  If you get these kind of players in now, you're going to end up with more money than your rivals by the midpoitn of the season.

Got it in one. I wasted a lot of points last year 'saving' the joker...Players in form? Get them in asap.