Newcastle v Spurs - Pre-match thread (18/08/12 at 5.30pm) Live on ESPN

bowlingcrofty

Without Tiote I'd play

Krul

Simps    Colo      Saylor      Santon

Perch    Jonas

HBA      Cabaye    Marv

Cisse

More defensive to counteract loss of Tiote and Marv rather than Ba to have a more natural wide player.

What we'll actually have is 4-4-2 with Cabaye and Gosling in mid or something and ba and cisse up front           

Just seen Skys's celebrate every goal ad. Got me pumped for this game. Spurs games always seem to pull out goals from nowhere. Would have loved to been in the crowd for Shola's goal last season.

Is it just me or do we always seem to have a f*** load of injuries before the season even starts?

Thing is we don't though, the only person who is supposedly injured is Tiote and i would not be surprised at all if this is just to get him out of international duty and he starts on Saturday.

I reckon it'll be:

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Colo  Santon

Jonas

Obertan      Cabaye      Marv

Ba  Cisse

Guest neesy111

After all this time, Colo finally gets a fully deserved call-up for his country and then just pulls out with a phantom injury? Not sure I buy that.

I don't, Pardew doesn't tend to tell porkies regarding fitness issues as well IIRC.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

So is Colo.

Didn't hear about that and i'm 99% certain it's another one to get him out of the meaningless international friendly.

Colo's going to want to play in it considering he hasn't played for the national side for about 2 years.

After all this time, Colo finally gets a fully deserved call-up for his country and then just pulls out with a phantom injury? Not sure I buy that.

I don't, Pardew doesn't tend to tell porkies regarding fitness issues as well IIRC.

Unless its regarding how soon Tiote will be back to fitness.

He knows as well as we do that if he plays well for us in the PL and in the Euro League he'll get picked again.

So is Colo.

Didn't hear about that and i'm 99% certain it's another one to get him out of the meaningless international friendly.

Colo's going to want to play in it considering he hasn't played for the national side for about 2 years.

So is Colo.

Cisse wanted to play in the Olympics and we all see what happened there, anyway i'm sure he does but if he pulls out he will start on Saturday i'm pretty certain of that.

Until all the main players of the team are back fit and the transfer window is concluded (hopefully with atleast one senior addition) it'll be a case of getting through the first few games as best as possible. May take a bit of time before things settle down frustratingly