Adam Campbell released

gbandit

Major straw clutch but we must be confident of getting another one in if we're letting him go?

Leaves us with Remy, Shola, Gouffran, Cisse. Considering Remy and/or Gouffran will be deployed wide, we need one for the bench, Shola is shite, and cover for inevitable injuries, we're still a player shy IMO.

Who's next in the pecking order after that? Vuckic is supposedly on his way out for a loan too, so which reserve prodigy is next? Alex Gillilead, Jonathyn Quinn, Adam Armstrong... need binnsy or someone to maybe shed some light there.

hopefully one of the groundsmen or the tea-lady will step into the vacant striker role for now, to boost numbers

glad he's away on loan, surely we must be closer to a striker now though...

Does AP have any kind of track record when it comes to developing young players?

hopefully one of the groundsmen or the tea-lady will step into the vacant striker role for now, to boost numbers

Does AP have any kind of track record when it comes to developing young players?

Never really been anywhere long enough but can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

“I don’t want to keep buying players from France and Germany. I want to buy somebody from here, from say Hartlepool – or bring our own on from the Academy. The lack of Geordies in the derby game was a big factor. Had Shola not played we’d have had no local players in this fixture. That underlines what I have been saying here. This club must concentrate on the underbelly of this team. It’s about the development and the youth here.”

Pardle quote from March 2012. Needless to say this all went to plan.

“I don’t want to keep buying players from France and Germany. I want to buy somebody from here, from say Hartlepool – or bring our own on from the Academy. The lack of Geordies in the derby game was a big factor. Had Shola not played we’d have had no local players in this fixture. That underlines what I have been saying here. This club must concentrate on the underbelly of this team. It’s about the development and the youth here.”

Pardle quote from March 2012. Needless to say this all went to plan.

:lol: He should probably stop saying things.

It's good for him, but is he really no better than Carlisle? Would've been nice if a shitty Championship club went in for him. Or a top L1 club.

Its about minutes on the field in the time he is out on loan. Rather him go to Carlisle and play every week than go to a stronger team and not play as much. Plus playing in a struggling team won't do him any harm.... All we should be bothered about is him returning to us in January after playing lots of games.

It's good for him, but is he really no better than Carlisle? Would've been nice if a shitty Championship club went in for him. Or a top L1 club.

Its about minutes on the field in the time he is out on loan. Rather him go to Carlisle and play every week than go to a stronger team and not play as much. Plus playing in a struggling team won't do him any harm.... All we should be bothered about is him returning to us in January after playing lots of games.

:thup: he ought to get plenty of time at Carlisle and that's the most important thing. He's still young.

Guest Forty Five

we must be confident of getting another one in if we're letting him go?

Just what I came in here to say.

Disagree.  At no point has Pardew shown any faith in Campbell, so I can't the player being considered as a first team option.  Just a really decent development player who has been given time around the first team.  Shipping him out on loan has no baring on our first team.

Never really been anywhere long enough but can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Oxlade-Chamberlain?

Oxlade-Chamberlain?

Yeah possibly, definitely debuted him.

Anton Ferdinand too.