Adam Campbell released

gbandit

I think Armstrong is a lot more talented than Campbell though.

Doesn't matter if he is or not, if he's not played he won't improve and won't reach his potential.

In terms of achievement, Campbell eclipses most all of our young players for a while now.

Wat

Sameobi, Aarons and Dummett have all made the first team and Armstrong is pushing for a place.  Campbell's been on loan in Scotland and a few lower league teams in the north.

I meant in terms of youth team achievements. I know Armstrong has got caps and goals for England youth team but Campbell was winning player of the tournament in every tournament he played for a bit and looked our young player with the most potential.

Aye, that's the point --- you believe Campbell has the most potential, I don't. I rate Ayoze and Armstrong higher for the same position.

How much have you watched of Campbell? Armstrong has been given the odd first team chance so you will have seem him, unless you've watched them in youth team games its difficult to compare them.

I think Armstrong is a lot more talented than Campbell though.

Doesn't matter if he is or not, if he's not played he won't improve and won't reach his potential.

In terms of achievement, Campbell eclipses most all of our young players for a while now.

Wat

Sameobi, Aarons and Dummett have all made the first team and Armstrong is pushing for a place.  Campbell's been on loan in Scotland and a few lower league teams in the north.

I meant in terms of youth team achievements. I know Armstrong has got caps and goals for England youth team but Campbell was winning player of the tournament in every tournament he played for a bit and looked our young player with the most potential.

Oh, I get you now :thup:

Guest TruToon94

It is ludicrous to be able to judge a player on 16 matches as not being good enough for any standard TBH. If he had played full seasons in the lower leagues and Scotland and scored nothing I'd understand but he's barely playing.

What he needed was from 17-20 to have full seasons on loan playing 30 matches a season, as it stand it's way too late now for a player who clearly had potential.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to the Nuneaton game to see his debut. He hit the post a minute into the second half and should have had a hat trick.

However despite his goals he was eclipsed performance wise by the other Toon debutant on the day Callum Roberts who was constantly on the ball and skinning his markers at will everytime he had it. He is only small aswell but at 17 he may grow another 6" yet. definitely one for the future.

I went to the Nuneaton game to see his debut. He hit the post a minute into the second half and should have had a hat trick.

However despite his goals he was eclipsed performance wise by the other Toon debutant on the day Callum Roberts who was constantly on the ball and skinning his markers at will everytime he had it. He is only small aswell but at 17 he may grow another 6" yet. definitely one for the future.

:thup:

Grow 6 inches after 17? Are we hoping he has Acromegaly, like? :lol:

You live in the Nuneaton neck of the woods, Doug?

He is as small as Campbell at the moment. I would hope he has not stopped growing yet especially with the fitness and diet regimes these lads are on.

Also can you kindly stop using big words that I can't understand, Acromegaly WTF.

You live in the Nuneaton neck of the woods, Doug?

Yes

• 3 months later...

Before he became involved with the first team squad he really did look like a great player in the making. God knows what happened.

He had some injuries so was no doubt at the mercy of Dr Death. Plus Pardew.

Before he became involved with the first team squad he really did look like a great player in the making. God knows what happened.

:pardsgrin: :carverlick:

This, along with a first team squad of players they have not been able to develop, deploy in the correct positions or generally manage. Useless.

Just seen this, I was 5'6" when I left school, I stopped growing when I hit 21 at 6'4" so I think depending on the person he has plenty of opportunity to grow yet.

Just seen this, I was 5'6" when I left school, I stopped growing when I hit 21 at 6'4" so I think depending on the person he has plenty of opportunity to grow yet.

Did you leave school at like 13? lol.