Alan Pardew

Dave

Pardew: 'We lacked a little bit of potency in the final third. Swansea had more experience on the pitch, and it showed." "The fans were great but I think they seen we had a good application to the game. We just lost our shape. We're missing a lot of players"

:yao:

Not surprised by this at all. Same old shit, different match. Just sort out the fucking problems!

One third of the players out there today don't belong at this level, so it's not all his fault. Tactically he's looking more clueless by the game, though.

I'd agree he is clueless not playing hoofball + tight defense when we are forced to use Willo.

Willo isn't singularly the problem. He hits it long because we don't use the midfield because we are team that like to go direct.

Also, are you actually criticising the fans for wanting our team to attack Swansea at home?? For real??

Tactically, we weren't much different today. 4-4-2, little movement, pump it long often. Tried to play it around a bit, felt unfamiliar, go long again.

Willo is f***ing hopeless. How in the earth a centre back can give our keeper such a huge threat in EPL? He has zero ball control and he really couldnt make a pass.

I am not criticizing the attacking approach. I'm criticizing the fans that call for his head because he gambled according to the fans wish. I hate this most because the fans always think it is not a gamble and it is just his lack of ability that cost us 3 points. Since "the fans approach" must work, and if it doesn't work, it must be the managers fault. What kind of logic is this.

I would say the first 60 mins was a big improvement. We didnt play hoofball much (except Willo), play the ball on the deck, and successfully gave Santon/Fergie and HBA to run with the ball and deliver cross.  We didnt do this last match.

I agree that things went horribly wrong after conceding the goal though.

This is like the 12 game in the League this season, this has been ongoing problem at least for me since last season

Stop kissing his ass

I am not going to repeat all those arguments with you 10 months ago. Kiss ass FFS. Read your own posts last year, especially about the treatment of HBA again, please.

People are getting too hung up on Williamson. He's not the sole problem with this team, but merely typifies the problem with this team. Wild lack of depth is killing us.

I agree on Williamson, but it's our lack of an attacking plan that is killing is.

True. I'm at the point where I don't believe Cisse and Ba can both stay on this team. We need to pick between one or the other. They can't play together in a 4-4-2 and we run the risk of pissing one of them off by playing both in a 4-3-3.

We lack a 3rd striker, 3rd centreback, and a starting RB. Cabaye is continually played way too deep, which leaves a huge gap between the midfield and strikers. We have no one really capable of threatening down the wings, one player capable of delivering great crosses (Fergie), and a defensive midfield that either crushes bones and draws cards or has no teeth.

Never truely believed pardew is as good as was made out last season due to things like a huge amount of us calling for Ben Arfa to be used and used on the right wing last season. It took a long time but when he finally put him in the team permanently we were excellent. Same thing with Santon.

Now I could completely give him the benefit of the doubt on those things in that ben arfa was returning from his broken leg and santon was in a new league. But the doubts were there when we could all see Ben arfa and Santon's talent and yet pardew preferred Obertan and Ryan Taylor for the majority of the season.

He earnt alot of recognition for getting us to Fifth, bringing in Cisse in january(not sure how much pardew had to do with it but he may have) and the switch to 4-3-3 to accommodate our best players.

This yeah I haven't a clue what he is doing. Since day 1 where we looked unfit and unprepared to now.

This is what happens when the wonder goals stop.

There has never been a cogent style apart from that small spell of games since he's been here. That being what it is, the team doesn't setttle into routines or passing phases when things get tough. They start to go long and get a bit panicky and disenchanted.

Swansea are an average side who are well drilled with movement and a bit of nouse. That was too much for us.

I think it might even get a bit worse if things go wrong in Jan and our blue chip players get offers.

It's the stuff I've been talking about for aaaaages mate, the default pattern of play should be to pass and move so when we are under pressure we can keep the ball and possibly create openings. The default pattern of play though is 'stay in your positions and stop the other team scoring, the rest will look after itself'.

Pardew will think that we've lost that game because we lost our shape and conceded two on the break, I doubt it'll even enter his thinking that had we attacked the away team with the players at our disposal we could've actively won the game rather than passively losing it.

Pardew said after the match "I'll just keep sticking my head in the sand and hope things get better. Listen, I know the problems, the fans know the problems but why address them? That's what they want us to do. No, I have faith that Mike [Williamson] and Danny [simpson] are good enough for this level and we don't need to strengthen in January. Fans like to call it 'hoofball' but in reality I prefer to call it 'tiki-taka'. They should really be greatful for Mike. Oh and despite not playing in Europe last Thursday, I'd like to blame that too. Papiss will be back next week."

Guest firetotheworks

We might be light, but it's no excuse for the way we play. I'm fucking sick of saying and reading the same things that are obvious to everyone except him. If he takes the credit for last season, then he can take the criticism for this one. He looks tactically clueless and it's nowhere near good enough. He talks fucking shit as well.

He's not getting sacked anytime soon. We will all have to prey kidnap players and force them to sign whilst also forcing Ashley to release funds to get any signings in January.

I'm gonna play some FM pretending it's the real footballing world.

FM rated this man 18 in Tactical Knowledge. :yao:

Guest Dontooner

One third of the players out there today don't belong at this level, so it's not all his fault. Tactically he's looking more clueless by the game, though.

I'd agree he is clueless not playing hoofball + tight defense when we are forced to use Willo.

Willo isn't singularly the problem. He hits it long because we don't use the midfield because we are team that like to go direct.

Also, are you actually criticising the fans for wanting our team to attack Swansea at home?? For real??

Tactically, we weren't much different today. 4-4-2, little movement, pump it long often. Tried to play it around a bit, felt unfamiliar, go long again.

Willo is f***ing hopeless. How in the earth a centre back can give our keeper such a huge threat in EPL? He has zero ball control and he really couldnt make a pass.

I am not criticizing the attacking approach. I'm criticizing the fans that call for his head because he gambled according to the fans wish. I hate this most because the fans always think it is not a gamble and it is just his lack of ability that cost us 3 points. Since "the fans approach" must work, and if it doesn't work, it must be the managers fault. What kind of logic is this.

I would say the first 60 mins was a big improvement. We didnt play hoofball much (except Willo), play the ball on the deck, and successfully gave Santon/Fergie and HBA to run with the ball and deliver cross.  We didnt do this last match.

I agree that things went horribly wrong after conceding the goal though.

This is like the 12 game in the League this season, this has been ongoing problem at least for me since last season

Stop kissing his ass

I am not going to repeat all those arguments with you 10 months ago. Kiss ass FFS. Read your own posts last year, especially about the treatment of HBA again, please.

Yes , i remember every single post that i was shot down for questioning his tactics and lack of routine drills and style. The cowardice of not using Ben Arfa. Its all in the thread you wanna do some digging?

The only difference was we were winning marginally and everybody was happy. You were one in particular that loved it. 

This is what happens when the wonder goals stop.

There has never been a cogent style apart from that small spell of games since he's been here. That being what it is, the team doesn't setttle into routines or passing phases when things get tough. They start to go long and get a bit panicky and disenchanted.

Swansea are an average side who are well drilled with movement and a bit of nouse. That was too much for us.

I think it might even get a bit worse if things go wrong in Jan and our blue chip players get offers.

no, thats purple players.

'we've got a game at home next week and we'll have Tiote back'. It was f***ing laughable.

It's worrying if he genuinely thought Tiote would rectify any of the problems from last week, like.

It was just nonsense, either he's not seeing the problems or he's too up his arse to admit we have them, it was a genuine question from a local journalist who's seen us playing poorly and wanted an answer for the fans, which we deserve, and he just fobbed him off with that shite, it's Souness territory.

He's not getting sacked anytime soon. We will all have to prey kidnap players and force them to sign whilst also forcing Ashley to release funds to get any signings in January.

When was the last time we put in a decent performance in the league?

April 21st.

I don't believe it.

Well, I grant you, it's subjective, but at home to Stoke was the last one I can think of.

can you do a print screen of Pardew's FM profile?  Would be a laugh.