Alan Pardew

Dave

I can't think of another manager in the league who would still be in a job after the sort of run we've had recently.  Even Fergie would be at home collecting his pension after a run of 7 points from the last 12 games (and a bonus arse kicking from a team 1 league below us in the cup).

didn't david moyes go through a similar after a good season.

don't think many at everton were blaming him directly for mismanaging what he had at his disposal mind, neil may tell us.

We have 21 points after 22 games.  Do you think that's anywhere near acceptable with what Pardew's had "at his disposal?"

To help you, and for the avoidance of doubt and total waffle, here is every player in our squad with 1+ league appearance this season:

Player Apps

Tim Krul 18

Fabricio Coloccini 14

Davide Santon 22

Yohan Cabaye 9+1

Danny Simpson 15+1

Mike Williamson 17

Vurnon Anita 15+3

Papiss Cissé 19+1

Hatem Ben Arfa 13

James Perch 14+3

Ryan Taylor 0+1

Jonás Gutiérrez 18

Demba Ba 19+1

Gaël Bigirimana 3+8

Sylvain Marveaux 6+7

Shola Ameobi 3+11

Cheick Tioté 13+1

Gabriel Obertan 3+8

Mathieu Debuchy 1

Steven Taylor 10+1

Sammy Ameobi 1+7

Nile Ranger 0+2

Shane Ferguson 4+5

James Tavernier 0+2

Steve Harper 4

thanks for re pointing out what i'd already said.  O0

Are you for real? :lol:

Honestly, hang on a second.  Are you saying that Moyes had a poor season but that it was understandable given what he had at his disposable and that we can say similar about Pardew?  Given the appearance figures I've posted?  Just want to clarify that point, before I argue otherwise.

no, i'm saying what i said in the bit you emboldend. seems plain to me, pardew has a lot more at his disposal than moyes had, maybe neil can cast more light on that as i'm not too clever on that everton team.

Fair enough then, it reads differently to me.

At the moment it seems to me that everyone is to blame to varying degrees - Ashley, Llambias, Pardew, staff, experienced players, young players - it's all been a massive f*** up from the summer 2012 until now.  And because no party is an overwhelming scapegoat, nobody is getting the finger pointed at them too enthusiastically yet.  But it'll happen at some point and quite often the manager bears the brunt.  Above all else, this season after last is just totally unacceptable - last season shouldn't have been built on sand in theory but we've just completely and utterly f***ing blown it and it's so likely to come back to haunt us.  Everton probably managed to keep most of their players after they finished 4th bottom for a start, and I doubt we'll be so lucky.

transfer wise it's easy to cast blame but we haven't got a clue whats going on.

on the pitch is different, it's very transparent and we know pardew has got it wrong.

I think it's quite black and white transfer-wise - we lost Best, Lovenkrands, Guthrie and Smith (only significant in terms of wages) last summer and we only bought one proven player in (Anita).  That was despite having needed a centre half since summer 2011 and in the knowledge we'd been lucky with injuries the previous season and had more games and travel upcoming due to us qualifying for Europe.  There's no excuse for that happening, it doesn't matter about your arguments in relation to intent and all the rest of it - you make it sound like we had 3 or 4 targets that we just missed out on and for that reason we need to bite the bullet and stay patient until the next transfer window.  It shouldn't work like that when it's costing you points week after week, you need to avoid leaving your squad short by hook or by crook.

i'd say we hadn't been lucky with injuries, ben arfa out for a while, steven taylor likewise, even santon, guthrie didn'y play all those games through suspensions !

many clubs are short in certain positions, ask the mackems how long they wanted a left back for, look at spurs up front beyond adebayour and defoe, glenn johnson's played left back this season hasn't he ?

you get me wrong, i don't say stay patient, i say get evidence. in what walks of life will you slag someone off when you really haven't got a clue whats went on ?

1) You've watched us for longer than I have.  I've watched us for about 20 seasons and last season was one of the luckiest we've had for injuries, I swear to God I'm not imagining that.  Ben Arfa had to ease himself back in yes, Taylor had his usual half season out, but apart from that - nah.  Nothing more than the odd knock, and not very many simultaneously.

2) I'm not talking to you about the "many clubs" argument, I find it incredibly tedious.  I'm bothered about NUFC and we play Mike Williamson in over 3 quarters of our games.  We have 2 centre forwards and one of them is Shola Ameobi.

3) Get evidence. :lol: My evidence was that we were 4 players down and 1 player up last summer when we actually needed to increase the size of our squad.  I'm judged on results at work, are you?  One of the board's 'results' is equipping the manager with a good enough squad to compete.

Honestly, f***ing hell. :lol:

1) take a look at the appearances for last season, see how many games williamson, obertan, raylor, guthrie played. (not including best as that was pre cisse_

2) just pointing out that other clubs have the same problem.

3) dodgy one. yes the squad should be bigger (see point 2) and in my opinion the manager has had the tools and misused them. check my history after practically every game.

The reason that those relatively s**** players played so many games last season is due to how thin the squad was/is, and only an idiot or thoroughly stubborn and contrary person couldn't see or articulate that as an obvious reality.  11 purples means s**** players get lots of games.

Again, I'm not that bothered about other clubs, this is just one of your 3 or 4 very tedious arguments that people generally can't be arsed to argue against.  I don't even know or care who Sunderland's left back is and Spurs have enough players in other positions to compensate for their lack of strikers given the way the modern game is played.  Your point about Glenn Johnson playing left back is beyond belief, I don't even know where to start.

The actual point here is we needed to improve our squad last year in the face of quite clear evidence that we'd been riding our luck with injuries (that is if you've been paying attention to our injury list over recent years) and the reality that we'd have at least 6 more games and lots more travelling due to getting into Europe.  We ended up with less players than we started and you think we can't judge because we "don't know what's went on".  If I was asked to do something at work and I didn't achieve it, they wouldn't give a f*** if I had a cold or the systems were down or whatever.  The people at the top of NUFC had a duty to do right by the club last summer and no amount of mitigating circumstances get them off the hook.

take a look round, many of those other clubs have "relativly shitty players", ignore it if you want but it's the reality.

the quite clear evidence you speak of, what is it ? the evidence i see is 4 squad players playing not far off half a season or more, I wouldn't class that as getting off lightly.

i'm not denying we should have strangthened but we've had enough not to be where we are, do you think we've made the best of what we've got ?

Other clubs, let's just stop talking about it.  I can't be arsed.

Your second sentence doesn't make sense.

Your 3rd sentence is insane.  You're now suggesting that I'm saying we haven't under-performed on the pitch after I said the exact opposite earlier on?

Is it possible - and hang on, this is fucking proper complicated - that we've under-performed on the pitch, manager-wise, board-wise all in the same season?  Yes?  Well that's what I've made quite clear I'm arguing.  I said it practically word for word 3 or 4 posts ago.  And now you throw it at me that because I'm saying the board under-performed I'm suggesting we haven't under-performed on the pitch given what we have available?  The argument is that simplistic?  Jesus Christ.

Fuck's he on about anyway, I can't remember there being an incident regarding diving by Pogrebnyak? Unless I'm missing something, there's fuck all on Google about it.

That was my initial reaction. Was hauled off down there n all. Odd.

other clubs etc ? lets talk about it, it's a decent way to gauge your own squad.

the second sentence makes sense to me, what do others think (if not get back to me on sunday)

the third sentence is strange as you've tried to make out i've said something i didn't, all i was asking was even with this squad do you think we should be where we are ? it's pretty straight forward, not accusing you of anything, just asking about the squad in relative terms to where the personel could be.

Other clubs: Nope, no thanks. :lol: It's a way to make your argument seem more valid when in fact you're being more wooly.  Nobody pays that much attention to other clubs so it's one of your genius ways of making people surrender because they can't be arsed to look into it.  OK, give me a couple more examples and I'll decide if I can be bothered responding. :lol:

2nd sentence: Rephrase it then, it doesn't make sense to me.

3rd - Have I not made it patently obvious that I think we should have done better than we have with the players we've had available?  How does that relate to squad-strengthening and how does it apply to the conversation we're having?

Based on the results and performances this season he certainly deserves to be sacked. No idea what's going on in Ashley's mind or how secure he is but the drop-off in performances and results has been so dramatic that I'd expect A.N.Other club to have either fired him or be loading the bullet as we speak.

Personally, I have no faith whatsoever that he can pull the situation around. He's totally mismanaged the team this season and the string of excuses he's reeled off has been embarrassing. He's negative beyond belief and I think some of the players have lost faith in him too (no basis to that, just a hunch). He can't fix this. We may well stay up this season but as long as he's running the team then the same problems will occur. He's dead man walking as far as I can see.

this

x2

I think unless we win the Europa or have a storming second-half of the season, Pardew is finished here.

No chance. All he has to do is stay up to guarantee himself at least another year. And arguably rightly so. Ignoring the actual football we play (the last thing I'd imagine Ashley cares about) we've had one average half a season, one great season and one s**** season. As long as we don't go down, he deserves the right to see if the 5th was a complete fluke or if there's really something decent in there worth building on.

He hasn't 'earned' the right to anything - managers are judged by results and its one thing to finish 5th one year then drop to, say, 10th, but its another when you fail to win ONE away game so far, fail to win a game in which you have gone a goal down and play dire unwatchable football which results in you getting involved in a relegation battle.

Not only that, but his record at previous clubs has been almost a mirror image of his performance at NUFC so he does NOT have a good track record which would indicate that a season like this is a blip.

The only reason he won't be fired if we lose to Reading is because the 2 clowns in charge know that their past history precludes them from getting a decent manager as a replacement and Pardew rolls over for them.

You know that as well as anyone Dave.

Not sure if this has been posted... Apparantly was from some charity dinner the other night. Was asked to be not put on the internet...  :whistle:

Colo: wouldn't talk about it at all except to say that it is 100% personal problems and nothing to do with him wanting to go to another club.

Ba: Should have sold him in the summer, the saga has affected the players and it's telling that he didn't contribute a single assist this season.

Transfers: 100% thought they had Remy, everything was agreed and deal all but done.

He likes Danny Graham but pretty much ruled out a move.

Said he expects to make 2 big signings this window (classified above 8 million as what he counts as a big signing when talking about Remy)

Said he thought we were signing 2 more players in the last week of the Summer window and seemed pretty pissed that he didn't get them.

Said this January window is unique, normally teams wouldn't want to buy many players but the fear is all prices will be inflated in the summer due to all the extra money from the new tv deal.

Gets phonecalls about signing Ben Arfa from clubs all the time. Said he should be back fit in about 3 weeks and that Ben Arfa always wants to come back too quickly (wanted to play the game after getting injured until they had a scan and saw he had really bad tear.)

Would like to bring Carroll back if he sorts himself out and gets his head right.

Young players: Thinks Adam Campbell could be a brilliant player, if we can get safe will see him before the end of the season.

Likes Shane Ferguson but feels he lacks self confidence and needs to go out on loan. (in answer to why he didn't play him at Brighton).

Set Plays: Said that we practice them loads but no longer have players like Nolan, Carroll etc who are aggressive in the box. Williamson only real target to aim for and he is not likely to produce anything.

Guest tollemache

Interesting stuff  about the TV deal pressuring everyone into making signings now. Last couple of days of the window should be mad as fuck

And as far as set plays go... maybe it's just time to play them short then? Try to bring about more pressure, rather than sling a ball in and lose it.

Leazes Terrace ‏@LeazesTerrace

If you can't identify and exploit Ian Harte as a weakness, you're finished as a manager.

:thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup:

Pardew isn't about exploiting weaknesses. He's busy dealing with the strengths of the other team.

Leazes Terrace ‏@LeazesTerrace

If you can't identify and exploit Ian Harte as a weakness, you're finished as a manager.

:thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup:

Pardew isn't about exploiting weaknesses. He's busy dealing with the strengths of the other team.

:thup: sigh

Shola is on so that the wall can be taller when defending Ian Harte's free kicks.

:'(

:lol: What a guy. 

The only role he's less suited for than Newcastle manager is one of those police negotiators who tries to persuade people not to jump off buildings, the negative bastard.

"Everyone else has it way better than you, you might as well just give up mate!"

:lol: What a guy. 

The only role he's less suited for than Newcastle manager is one of those police negotiators who tries to persuade people not to jump off buildings, the negative bastard.

"Everyone else has it way better than you, you might as well just give up mate!"

'Do a flip'

He really is negative like. It's fair enough conceding that we're in a battle for survival, because you don't want players believing theyre better than they are. However, line-ups like this needlessly drum the idea home, when in reality, we have the quality required to survive more-than comfortably. Hes playing us as if we're already gonners.