Alan Pardew

Dave

For all those who want shot of Pardew - who exactly is going to replace him?  I can't see managers queuing up to work under a regime where you can build a decent squad and then watch as transfer window after transfer window your best players are touted out to all and sundry?

I don't think Pardew is a great manager, but this season is mostly down to the fact we didn't strengthen in the summer despite knowing we had a weak squad and despite knowing we were in Europe.  We got Debuchy for a million less or whatever in Jan, but thats not gonna help if we go down.

For all those who want shot of Pardew - who exactly is going to replace him?  I can't see managers queuing up to work under a regime where you can build a decent squad and then watch as transfer window after transfer window your best players are touted out to all and sundry?

I don't think Pardew is a great manager, but this season is mostly down to the fact we didn't strengthen in the summer despite knowing we had a weak squad and despite knowing we were in Europe.  We got Debuchy for a million less or whatever in Jan, but thats not gonna help if we go down.

I like how you try and make a case for Pardew and use touting our players as a reason other managers might not come, he was the one touting them.  :lol:

I like how you try and make a case for Pardew and use touting our players as a reason other managers might not come, he was the one touting them.  :lol:

Who has Pardew touted?

Who has Pardew touted?

Ba.

I could be wrong, but the only quotes I remember from Pardew about Ba were along the lines of him hoping he stays and urging the fans to persuade him to stay.  Everyone knew about the release clause thanks to Harry-fucking-Redknapp so it was only a matter of time before someone invoked it.

Who has Pardew touted?

Ba.

I could be wrong, but the only quotes I remember from Pardew about Ba were along the lines of him hoping he stays and urging the fans to persuade him to stay.  Everyone knew about the release clause thanks to Harry-fucking-Redknapp so it was only a matter of time before someone invoked it.

You are.

I could be wrong, but the only quotes I remember from Pardew about Ba were along the lines of him hoping he stays and urging the fans to persuade him to stay.  Everyone knew about the release clause thanks to Harry-f***ing-Redknapp so it was only a matter of time before someone invoked it.

I'm not going on about the clause again, it's been covered to death.

I think unless we win the Europa or have a storming second-half of the season, Pardew is finished here.

No chance. All he has to do is stay up to guarantee himself at least another year. And arguably rightly so. Ignoring the actual football we play (the last thing I'd imagine Ashley cares about) we've had one average half a season, one great season and one shite season. As long as we don't go down, he deserves the right to see if the 5th was a complete fluke or if there's really something decent in there worth building on.

I think unless we win the Europa or have a storming second-half of the season, Pardew is finished here.

No chance. All he has to do is stay up to guarantee himself at least another year. And arguably rightly so. Ignoring the actual football we play (the last thing I'd imagine Ashley cares about) we've had one average half a season, one great season and one s**** season. As long as we don't go down, he deserves the right to see if the 5th was a complete fluke or if there's really something decent in there worth building on.

Agree with that Dave. Although I have to say I don't think some of AP's recent media comments will have been well received by Ashley and his posse, it is apparent (from his running of SD) that Ashley does give people he trusts a better than fair chance. But if it gets to the point when he has lost faith in them he doesn't bat an eyelid before getting rid.

He might get away with stuttering to survival this season. I think if we're not competing the top 8 next season though, he's had it.

i think if we just survive this season with the performances we are pulling out the summer might do for him IF ashleys finds a suitable (ie fits his criteria) replacement.

Based on the results and performances this season he certainly deserves to be sacked. No idea what's going on in Ashley's mind or how secure he is but the drop-off in performances and results has been so dramatic that I'd expect A.N.Other club to have either fired him or be loading the bullet as we speak.

Personally, I have no faith whatsoever that he can pull the situation around. He's totally mismanaged the team this season and the string of excuses he's reeled off has been embarrassing. He's negative beyond belief and I think some of the players have lost faith in him too (no basis to that, just a hunch). He can't fix this. We may well stay up this season but as long as he's running the team then the same problems will occur. He's dead man walking as far as I can see.

I can't think of another manager in the league who would still be in a job after the sort of run we've had recently.  Even Fergie would be at home collecting his pension after a run of 7 points from the last 12 games (and a bonus arse kicking from a team 1 league below us in the cup).

I can't think of another manager in the league who would still be in a job after the sort of run we've had recently.  Even Fergie would be at home collecting his pension after a run of 7 points from the last 12 games (and a bonus arse kicking from a team 1 league below us in the cup).

didn't david moyes go through a similar after a good season.

don't think many at everton were blaming him directly for mismanaging what he had at his disposal mind, neil may tell us.

Based on the results and performances this season he certainly deserves to be sacked. No idea what's going on in Ashley's mind or how secure he is but the drop-off in performances and results has been so dramatic that I'd expect A.N.Other club to have either fired him or be loading the bullet as we speak.

Personally, I have no faith whatsoever that he can pull the situation around. He's totally mismanaged the team this season and the string of excuses he's reeled off has been embarrassing. He's negative beyond belief and I think some of the players have lost faith in him too (no basis to that, just a hunch). He can't fix this. We may well stay up this season but as long as he's running the team then the same problems will occur. He's dead man walking as far as I can see.

this

don't think many at everton were blaming him directly for mismanaging what he had at his disposal mind, neil may tell us.

We have 21 points after 22 games.  Do you think that's anywhere near acceptable with what Pardew's had "at his disposal?"

To help you, and for the avoidance of doubt and total waffle, here is every player in our squad with 1+ league appearance this season:

Player Apps

Tim Krul 18

Fabricio Coloccini 14

Davide Santon 22

Yohan Cabaye 9+1

Danny Simpson 15+1

Mike Williamson 17

Vurnon Anita 15+3

Papiss Cissé 19+1

Hatem Ben Arfa 13

James Perch 14+3

Ryan Taylor 0+1

Jonás Gutiérrez 18

Demba Ba 19+1

Gaël Bigirimana 3+8

Sylvain Marveaux 6+7

Shola Ameobi 3+11

Cheick Tioté 13+1

Gabriel Obertan 3+8

Mathieu Debuchy 1

Steven Taylor 10+1

Sammy Ameobi 1+7

Nile Ranger 0+2

Shane Ferguson 4+5

James Tavernier 0+2

Steve Harper 4

Agree with all of the above. No faith whatsoever Pardew cam turn us around. He's chronically mismanaged a hugely talented squad of players to within a hairs breadth of the relegation zone, all the while playing some turgid football. The sooner he goes the better, for me. He's a fuckwit.

We have 21 points after 22 games.  Do you think that's anywhere near acceptable with what Pardew's had "at his disposal?"

To help you, and for the avoidance of doubt and total waffle, here is every player in our squad with 1+ league appearance this season:

Player Apps

Tim Krul 18

Fabricio Coloccini 14

Davide Santon 22

Yohan Cabaye 9+1

Danny Simpson 15+1

Mike Williamson 17

Vurnon Anita 15+3

Papiss Cissé 19+1

Hatem Ben Arfa 13

James Perch 14+3

Ryan Taylor 0+1