Alan Pardew

Dave

How long will Pardew be given to turn the ship around now the squad has been bolstered, I wonder? Got a great opportunity to give himself some breathing space against Villa, and people will be lenient about the following two fixtures (no doubt with lots of Wullie-infuriating positives to take from the matches) I think.

If he were to go, I think the squad would certainly require a sophisticated(, possibly continental) manager - which would at least rule out a Joe Kinnear type from Ashley's thinking, you would think :lol:

By whom? Ashley? Until it's a near certainty we'll go down. That is the only scenario I can see Ashley sacking Pardew; a late gamble.

Guest tollemache

I suppose it is just about possible that things will go wrong and we'll have to scrap for survival til the end of the season, but really I expect us to pick up drastically in the next few weeks. The big test for Pardew for me is probably next season.

Aye but most of them tbf are s***.

TBH I'm not against foreign players in the slightest I just think it's a bit short sighted in a way to get them all from one place, would much prefer a mix like most other teams have done it.

I'm with you on that, we need to strike a balance.

Young, full internationals and Championship winners for the price we've got them for. Where else would we get the deals we've got the last month?

Guest tollemache

Arsenal's last title-winning side anyone? Loads of Frenchies is no problem as long as they play ball, speak English, buy into the culture of the club etc. same as you'd expect from any signing

Most important is that we're getting good deals. Germany might be worth looking at too mind. Cisse for 9m given his record was pretty good going

Arsenal's last title-winning side anyone? Loads of Frenchies is no problem as long as they play ball, speak English, buy into the culture of the club etc. same as you'd expect from any signing

Most important is that we're getting good deals. Germany might be worth looking at too mind. Cisse for 9m given his record was pretty good going

Ba was sort of at Germany too.

One thing I will sort of give to Pardew is that he seems to sell the club rather well to prospective players (if he does get involved in the transfer dealings that is...).

Guess it's more the likes of Cabaye and Ben Arfa selling the club to the new ones.

One thing I will sort of give to Pardew is that he seems to sell the club rather well to prospective players (if he does get involved in the transfer dealings that is...).

Guess it's more the likes of Cabaye and Ben Arfa selling the club to the new ones.

More than likely I guess but Pardew did sell it very well to Cabaye 2 summers ago!

Sissoko didn't even talk to Pardew did he?

Sissoko didn't even talk to Pardew did he?

Not sure about that tbh but I suspect he must have spoken to Pardew on some level before signing for us...

The game has changed, the English game is morphing into the European game. There's more thinking, the passion and the speed is often tweaked up for the Premier League

Well at least the penny seems to finally have dropped. I would have thought watching the English qualifiers for CL places in the last few years would have made that pretty obvious. But better late than never. Now for me the question mark remains, are him and his staff capable of coaching a progressive team with smart tactics? Looking at our dire set pieces, I can't see it.

The thing is I like the english game at it's best probably more than more cerebral european variants. While a huge tactics nerd you can't beat silly back to front games where both teams are going for it, and I like teams that work hard, have a lot of physical strength, and try and score more than the opposition. Wenger's 'sterile domination' jibe at tika taka rings true quite often for me.

That doesn't mean however I approve of our shitty media's perception of england's teams as brave and plucky in europe and valuing of heart over technical attributes. I also don't think the attributes I like over here aren't also present overseas and our league is 'the best in the world' necessarily. English teams have embarassed themselves in europe recently because of this naive tactical outlook, even if we don't need to adopt the tika taka we have failed to come up with anything progressive to challenge it that fit with the ethos of the teams over here. Dortmund remain to me probably the great hope of a counter to Spanish domination in Europe, that or Juve, both seem to be trying new things. We are stuck in a rut of players with 'heart'.

Chelsea winning the champions league not so much disproves this, as shows that solid defending and being boring still gets you far, plus didier drogba is a brilliant player.

As for Pardew he's a million miles away from any tactical discussion, he wants the ball got into the box as quickly as possible, and for some reason our players to stand still all the time. Tis the future...

Going around every thread on your lonesome with the same lifting patter is sad as f***.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

The 'get rid' button hasn't been pressed yet but the finger is hovering. He has the remainder of this season to turn things around. The club want a top 10 finish and a good go at the Europa League. Anything short of that and I reckon we'll be looking to get rid.

Vieira and Henry were the only regulars of The Invincible team albeit they had a few in reserve. Also had Bergkamp, Ljungberg, Cole, Campbell, Lehmann & Gilberto all from distinctly different football upbringings whose first language wasn't Francais.

Vieira and Henry were the only regulars of The Invincible team albeit they had a few in reserve. Also had Bergkamp, Ljungberg, Cole, Campbell, Lehmann & Gilberto all from distinctly different football upbringings whose first language wasn't Francais.

And Pires