Alan Pardew

Dave

With the way our defence looked rather shaky, I don't think going for it would have gone that well, against teams that move the ball like swansea, you need to be tight and compact as well as carrying the attacking threat.

Yes, with their massive potential attacking threats like Routledge and Nathan Dyer, it's best to play safe obviously. Especially since they move it around so well just by chance probably.

We could have won, we might have drawn, but we ended up losing in a game of few chances. I don't think we created enough genuine opportunities to be upset about coming out losers. Cisse had one effort, and Gouffran had another coming in from wide. The rest were long range efforts for the most part. Pardew set out a team to snatch a win, and they snatched a loss instead. Personally I think we had the players to have won this game if we'd shown some real intent.

I was only able to see a good part of the second half due to a social committment, but I agree with the general gist of Tron's post - we hardly created any chances at all in the box and most of the goal efforts were from long range, Cabaye and Sissoko coming closest to scoring. Cisse looks a shadow of the player from last season and we are going to need a good striker with pace in the summer.

We should have got something from the game, it looked a 0-0 all over for most of the second half but an amateurish piece of defending cost us the game and it was too close to the end to respond. Debuchy looked good going forward and is one of the best crossers in the side but he was left standing when their forward turned him to get the cross in for their winner...once again, Santon's defensive limitations were shown up in the general melee but the whole defence was at sea when they scored.

That doesn't hide the fact that we should have been in front by then but no really clear chances created in their box.

We have better players than them on paper - but I have a feeling we'll be saying this quite a bit over the rest of the season.....as for the Pardew debate, most people know what I think so there is no point in revisiting it.

We have some class players and, as Tron says, some moderate ones but we are not looking like a side who will score many goals....

Whatever anyone says in the thread about Pardew, the poll results for either 'Yes, lost faith' or 'Never had any' together still outnumber the believers...by a considerable margin. This despite another lemon being thrown into the mix by adding 'Never lost any;......

With the way our defence looked rather shaky, I don't think going for it would have gone that well, against teams that move the ball like swansea, you need to be tight and compact as well as carrying the attacking threat.

Yes, with their massive potential attacking threats like Routledge and Nathan Dyer, it's best to play safe obviously. Especially since they move it around so well just by chance probably.

:lol: Start making sense please.  Such a horrifically bad poster.

I don't give a damn how well or how poor we played today, under Pardew we are a very poor team in the main and that is down to him and his coaching staff. He has to go, but won't so I expect another season like this one next year. Only with a bigger fall-out as our better players look elsewhere to play.

Let's put some money on that. I think you're talking complete shit.

Guest Dontooner

Pardew set pieces are so ineffective, why don't we do something about it. There is so much room to improve with this team.

The level of talent Pardew has as a manager is the equivalent of Ryan Taylors talent as a player. He's pretty average. We would need someone better if we are to get this squad to perform as it could, but it's never happening.

The level of talent Pardew has as a manager is the equivalent of Ryan Taylors talent as a player. He's pretty average. We would need someone better if we are to get this squad to perform as it could, but it's never happening.

true.... we got 5th last season arent because pardew tactical genius but we really relying win games because players produce moment of magics.

There is moreso a plan now to the game then before christmas. What was the recurring problem before christmas was key offensive players picking up knocks all the time, creating discontinuity. Pardew had to patch up the team week in week out just to get players on the pitch.

Now there is a clear difference in how we play, with Cabaye staying back ready to launch that accurate long ball of his to the flanks for storming Sissoko or Gouffran. If the counter isn't on, we allways try to get around them with our fullbacks, especially debuchy who possess an excellent cross. And we allways fill the box now with 2-3 players and having people in the area outside the box to pick up the pieces.

But it's still early days for this new team composition. And having HBA in there will make it look slighty different aswell. But I enjoyed most of 2nd half yesterday as I've enjoyed the Chelsea game aswell and so on. It's more about putting the ball in the net right now and we didn't, hence we got punished and stupid mistakes cost us.

Sorry if that was a bit cryptic. Basically I think Laudrup makes his players look better than the sum of their parts because he encourages fluid movement and therefore players like Routledge end up looking far better than they did here. Pardew is still for the most part too defensive and over 90 mins we are still relying on players to produce goals off their own initiative. We don't get enough players in the box when we have the ball in dangerous areas to create enough real chances to win a game. Our set pieces are abysmal so that's another route closed. Jonas isn't going to either create or score many, so that's another route closed. We really are relying heavily on Cisse and Sissoko for goals.

Sorry if that was a bit cryptic. Basically I think Laudrup makes his players look better than the sum of their parts because he encourages fluid movement and therefore players like Routledge end up looking far better than they did here. Pardew is still for the most part too defensive and over 90 mins we are still relying on players to produce goals off their own initiative. We don't get enough players in the box when we have the ball in dangerous areas to create enough real chances to win a game. Our set pieces are abysmal so that's another route closed. Jonas isn't going to either create or score many, so that's another route closed. We really are relying heavily on Cisse and Sissoko for goals.

This is for me the definition of a good manager. Pardew, for me, isn´t getting max from the players, and most important, not near to rise there games.

The whole situation is just frustrating .

Don't blame Pards for yesterday, maybe Marveux on earlier for Jonas but thats it. we looked all over the place for a while in first half but settle and were the better team, should have taken our chances. we carved out enough opportunities, just nobody to put them away. The amount of times Debuchy and gouffran got crosses in we should have had someone on the end of them.

Cabayes set pieces are shocking, need someone to whip them in and I would let Ben arfa take them when he's back tbh

Awful defending for their goal, we seem to cause our own downfall in every game. Its always shit defending and could see it coming yesterday when we were in control but not scoring, never mind, we move on and bottom 3 still 6 off us. Win against Stoke and practically safe I reckon.

Can't wait for Ben Arfa back as seeing Jonas play football is quite painful and I think we will open teams up more. Still early days with new players but Gouffran, Sissokho and Debuchy all playing well while it may take Mbiwa a bit longer to he used to it

We will make more chances when we have a more balanced attack. It can't be underestimated how little Gutierrez produces compared to Ben Arfa but I think it affects the whole balance of the front 6. We don't really want Sissoko out wide trying to create that often but he seemed to pop up there a bit yesterday, especially on the right, he did good work there but it meant when we got the ball in the box, a massive presence was missing. I think if Hatem's there, he's got the intelligence to fill that space at least but I think when he's back, we'll see Sissoko staying more central.

I think that will help Cisse too. We've really not given him much to feed off over the last couple of games, Sissoko's through balls haven't been happening, there's not been many dangerous crosses and Cisse's link-up with Cabaye seems to have disappeared too. We look dangerous going forward but are lacking a bit of imagination at times.

Don't blame Pards for yesterday, maybe Marveux on earlier for Jonas but thats it. we looked all over the place for a while in first half but settle and were the better team, should have taken our chances. we carved out enough opportunities, just nobody to put them away. The amount of times Debuchy and gouffran got crosses in we should have had someone on the end of them.

Like I said earlier, for that to happen you need a manager to encourage that sort of movement. Look at Liverpool now they have moved away from the ultra defensive methods of Rafa and Dalglish.

I do not know if this has been said already but can't be ars*d to trawl back through all the pages, but in my view with the quality of squad we have a decent manager would have us racing up the table. Pardew is simply not good enough and the same pattern will continue if he is not replaced. Yes, I know all about the stabilty issue and we can't keep changing managers but a good manager would get far more out of this squad then he does. His substitiutions are questionable both as to who and their timing. His man management is just getting passmarks but his tactical awareness is deperately lacking and he is out-thought more times than he isn't. Our persistent failure at set pieces should have been attended to and what can I say about our defensive lapses.

Look at what Roberto Martinez achieves with no money. Look at David Moyes track record and what he has spent. At the end of the day the most important appointment any club makes is their manager. Pardew's record is failure wherever he has been.

Anyway rant over as it is plain disappointing that we cannot kick on again and in my opinion that will only happen with a change of manager.

By the way I voted that I never had any faith in him anyway.

Guest firetotheworks

I still don't have any real faith in him. He's got artists doing a painter's job and although he's now got his square pegs in square holes, it's taken him Ba leaving and 5 new, quality signings to finally do it.

I don't think quality players are the sum of all parts in a good team, but I don't think that he gets the best out of them at all. He's PR man through and through from the Allardyce school of calling a spade a quill.

I hate this "couldn't have done more today" shite. Even if that were true, which it's not, he doesn't just turn up for work on a Saturday afternoon.

It seems to be a very long list of away games that we've "taken positives from" yet failed to win. Why do so many other teams seem very capable of both playing ok and winning the match?

Guest Howaythetoon

Getting sick of people singing the praises of managers such as Martinez, what has he achieved wit Wigan exactly, other than consistently producing s*** defences?

People do over praise the likes of Martinez, but there can be no denying he has done a very good there. Their whole remit for the season is to survive and he has achieved this several times, all while playing good football and getting the best out of very limited players.

Our remit for this season was to challenge for a top 4 place and that is the manager speaking not me or anyone else at the club and we are right down there with Wigan.

Martinez = good manager

Pardew = shit manager

Basically.

Mind I wouldn't have Martinze here, as he hasn't achieved anything of note really other than with his style of football and making average players player better. I think a job like NUFC would actually wreck him.