Alan Pardew

Dave

Yet the mackems managed it? :lol:

You and Ronaldo are a hoot. Utterly obsessed with the manager and the wonderful job he's doing under difficult circumstances.

Taking everything into consideration, today is starting to feel like a victory.

Guest bimpy474

There isn't an excuse in the world for not playing decent football. Wigan, Brighton, Southampton, Swansea, Aston Villa to name a few, even fucking Stevenage did with far lesser players.

I'm not sure how anyone doesn't see Pardew is to blame for it.

Don't mind being a long ball team but i do when the midfield consists of Tiote, Gouffran, Marveaux, Sissoko and Cabaye ffs.

How hard can it be to play to a teams strengths :facepalm:

We looked just as s*** playing in on the deck today. If anything, the option to play effective long ball may have won us the game. Sadly we have no real outlet for it.

And with Tiote as the deepest midfielder frankly I think hoofball would be less dangerous.

Mainly because of how deep we were, in any case hoofball is out of the question when Cisse is your centre forward.

I just wish you'd stop trying to imply we have this really talented, technical midfield. Our lot consistently struggle to keep the ball under and pressure and generally create not a bastarding thing.

Mate you can get rid of this midfield and bring in a new one for £30m, with a manager that sets them up to play like wax dummies it won't make a jot of difference.

I quite agree. Still think two many players get away with too much on here.

You consistently question the technical ability of a midfield consisting of any 4 from Cabaye, Marveux, Tiote, Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Jonas and Anita and I'd like you to explain why?

I'd argue that our best 4 midfielders are as good as most in the Premiership but you obviously don't. Please enlighten us.

Don't mind being a long ball team but i do when the midfield consists of Tiote, Gouffran, Marveaux, Sissoko and Cabaye ffs.

We looked just as s*** playing in on the deck today. If anything, the option to play effective long ball may have won us the game. Sadly we have no real outlet for it.

And with Tiote as the deepest midfielder frankly I think hoofball would be less dangerous.

Mainly because of how deep we were, in any case hoofball is out of the question when Cisse is your centre forward.

I just wish you'd stop trying to imply we have this really talented, technical midfield. Our lot consistently struggle to keep the ball under and pressure and generally create not a bastarding thing.

Indeed. We're never going to achieve the attractive padding game everyone desires with the current mob, over 50% of the starting XI just aren't up to it technically.

Sissoko and Goufrann don't appear to be the most intricate types and we continue to rely on the likes of Tiote and Jonas.

You and Ronaldo are a hoot. Utterly obsessed with the manager and the wonderful job he's doing under difficult circumstances.

Some people will still come out with the blame the player's crap if Di Canio pulls his dick out and slaps Pardew round the face with it. Which he practically did today tbh.

As long as he's here we'll regress and go backwards.

He needs to go and he needs to go as soon as the Arsenal game ends. Pointless keeping him, he's a busted flush. He's had his high water mark and is reverting to type.

Needs to go, man. Needs to go.

To sum it up prefectly, he doesn't have the answers, he doesn't have the answers because he isn't even aware of the questions.

I think he is aware of the questions, the scary part is... He knows he doesn't have the answers.

Sadly for him more and more now have realised that even his strongest followers have found this out.

And his salesman bullshit sound bites no longer register.

Agreed. Good post.

There isn't an excuse in the world for not playing decent football. Wigan, Brighton, Southampton, Swansea, Aston Villa t name a few, even fucking Stevenage did with far lesser players.

Broken record like, but Adkins had Scunny playing better football than Pardew's got Newcastle playing.

Can't see the football that we are playing/performances shifting many s/t's this summer and when cash is tight for most folk, it might be the deciding factor. Finishing 5th last season gave us hope that things were gonna get better, but the club has blown it.

That might be a factor in him being replaced.

Yes - you are right BG ; Ashley will put up with Pardew as long as STs are selling, but today was a step too far for many fans. A large percentage of supporters have reluctantly gone alomg with Pardew's dire football partly because the team was winning last season and partly because the lack of spending last summer gave him and excuse in some eyes. Today will have had the scales falling from many eyes and the utter humiliation given by both the defeat and Pardew's total exposure at the hands of Di Canio(who totally rubbed the fans of NUFC in the dirt)will have many thinking that the outlay isn't worth the football entertainment on offer.

If ST sales show any sign of dropping off, Pardew will be gone during the summer but that is what it would take - Ashley and Llambias haven't a clue when it comes to football matters but they will learn a sharp lesson which is that in the end, the fans will force their hands.

Indeed. We're never going to achieve the attractive passing game everyone desires with the current mob, over 50% of the starting XI just aren't up to it technically.

Sissoko and Goufrann don't appear to be the most intricate types and we continue to rely on the likes of Tiote and Jonas.

Not trying to be rude, but your showing once again how mental you are :lol:

Indeed. We're never going to achieve the attractive padding game everyone desires with the current mob, over 50% of the starting XI just aren't up to it technically.

Are you permanently pissed or what? I've said Pardew needs to go in the summer since January. I just happen to think that a great deal of our players are largely talentless, gutless crap. It needs to be said for the same reasons.

Of course, although I have said absolutely nothing to this effect.

Just trying to redress the balance of blame between the manager and out supposedly greatest team in a decade.

Are you permanently p*ssed or what? I've said Pardew needs to go in the summer since January. I just happen to think that a great deal of our players are largely talentless, gutless crap. It needs to be said for the same reasons.

:thup:

Are you permanently pissed or what? I've said Pardew needs to go in the summer since January. I just happen to think that a great deal of our players are largely talentless, gutless crap. It needs to be said for the same reasons.

Which are talentless and which are gutless? Apart from Jonas (which is obvious).

Give our 11 to Laudrup and we'd be top 4 this season imo.

I want to know why those who have faith in Pardew actually do so? What is it about him do you believe that he is the man to take this club forward with the current squad that we have got? I will admit he is a good man manager as the players seem to like him but when it comes to tactics - can you please tell me what it is about him that you rate so highly?

Anybody?

Go on then. For a start, I don't rate him highly or even have that much faith in him. That's even more the case after today. However, my position all along has been that he deserves next season based on last year alone. I saw enough during that season that I could be happy with as a supporter going forward. If things haven't improved after the start of next season, he should be replaced. I don't have very much faith that he'd be adequately replaced mind.

As you say, he's obviously a good man manager and the players like him. I crave some form of stability here and, if he can reach the heights of last season again, I don't have any real personal dislike of him to prevent me wanting him as our manager.

I'd be interested to know what you saw like, given the football was pretty much the same?

Of course, although I have said absolutely nothing to this effect.

Just trying to redress the balance of blame between the manager and out supposedly greatest team in a decade.

It is the greatest team in a decade. If we get a manager who knows how to play the game to suit the players we'll soon see the difference. A tit who thinks the answer is to bring on Shola every time things go pear shaped is not going to succeed.

Mate you can get rid of this midfield and bring in a new one for £30m, with a manager that sets them up to play like wax dummies it won't make a jot of difference.

I quite agree. Still think two many players get away with too much on here.

You consistently question the technical ability of a midfield consisting of any 4 from Cabaye, Marveux, Tiote, Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Jonas and Anita and I'd like you to explain why?

I'd argue that our best 4 midfielders are as good as most in the Premiership but you obviously don't. Please enlighten us.

Take away the crap, unsuited and mostly injured and you're left with Cabaye, Marveaux and Sissoko. Hope that helps.

Guest bimpy474

There isn't an excuse in the world for not playing decent football. Wigan, Brighton, Southampton, Swansea, Aston Villa t name a few, even fucking Stevenage did with far lesser players.

Broken record like, but Adkins had Scunny playing better football than Pardew's got Newcastle playing.

The thing is it's true, managers get their teams to pass the football. It's not hard to know that.

And we have a manager who is incapable of getting his team to do that, two years down the line is long enough to know it.

How anyone can still think that next season he will suddenly get us doing that is frankly mental. Also this "he deserves next season after the 5th place", like feck he does, he is dragging us down and it's there for all to see if they look. We are a shocking football team, we don't play with any style, excitement or know how. We're terrible to watch, easy to play against and i'm sick of watching it because Pardew isn't good enough to change it.

Writing was on the wall for me the minute I read his comments last night about the team having no time to prepare and that they'd practically find out what they were doing on the morning of the match.

There are a lot of things to dislike about Pardew's management style but I thought he didn't get too much wrong today, we were the better side for decent periods in the match.

Oh fucking please. How many more times do we have to put up with that crap?