Alan Pardew

Dave

It doesn't matter what anyone's cut off point is, because he won't be sacked. It's simply not going to happen. For what it's worth, I do agree that our form this season is enough to get any manager of a semi-aspirational club the sack. However, I think there have been enough extenuating circumstances contributing to that form to allow him a period of grace, until the end of the season. I don't think we'll go down, and next season will be a real acid test of where we are with Pardew. If he continues to be s****, then it's time to go. It's not as if the players we are buying are 'his' players either, so it should be a less complicated transition.

Most of this :thup: and fwiw, without European competition next season, we'll most likely see a pick up in PL results.

Without it we can get back to that goal of qualifying Europe.

:thup: to Dave and Inochi too.

I can see the logic in there posts. But still it doesn´t make them "true" in the sense that we will be a top club because Ashley won´t sack him or because Pardew will get the team to play better football because he got better players. It´s still the same Pardew next year as the one that have put us in the shit this season, and it´s almost the same Pardew that got sacked from Charlton, West Ham and Southampton.

We´ll see whats happen but I still have the believe that Pardew will always get fewer points with this club then we could have. With good players we may compete in the middle of the table, or close to top 8, but it won´t be him that takes us to another level.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130123/yanga-mbiwa-impressed-by-managers-vision_2281670_3050170

Yanga-Mbiwa is confident that Newcastle's fortunes will improve in the weeks - and months - ahead.

"The manager wants to build a very strong, solid team and he wants the team to play as well as possible," the French international defender told nufc.co.uk. "I think that's one of the reasons he wants me there: to build a stronger team.

"He also explained he wants to close the gap on the top four, and I think that's one of the reasons why he wanted me to come so I can help him to achieve those objectives."

:lol: :anguish:

Strange reaction. What's up fella?

Well do you think Pardew got what is take to make us a top 4 club, or close to that? And if so, how can we be were we are right now after the last season success? A top manager should be able to pick up results even without the "best eleven", because I think it´s a fact that you in football always will get injuries.

Alternatively, you could take it that the negativity in the press is not what Pardew is portraying to the players, and that despite our lowly position we are still aiming high and attracting players who you could well see turning out for the clubs we are hoping to chase.

Hey I agree that we've been shit, and Pardew has done little to inspire much belief going forward this season, but I don't see the need to mine negatives from every other interview. We have been trying to play better football but then when the doubts creep in, we fall back into our more desperate habits. Hopefully these new lads will give the team and Pardew the confidence to push on and start looking up again.

:indi:

:coat:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130123/yanga-mbiwa-impressed-by-managers-vision_2281670_3050170

Yanga-Mbiwa is confident that Newcastle's fortunes will improve in the weeks - and months - ahead.

"The manager wants to build a very strong, solid team and he wants the team to play as well as possible," the French international defender told nufc.co.uk. "I think that's one of the reasons he wants me there: to build a stronger team.

"He also explained he wants to close the gap on the top four, and I think that's one of the reasons why he wanted me to come so I can help him to achieve those objectives."

Well do you think Pardew got what is take to make us a top 4 club, or close to that? And if so, how can we be were we are right now after the last season success? A top manager should be able to pick up results even without the "best eleven", because I think it´s a fact that you in football always will get injuries.

Alternatively, you could take it that the negativity in the press is not what Pardew is portraying to the players, and that despite our lowly position we are still aiming high and attracting players who you could well see turning out for the clubs we are hoping to chase.

Hey I agree that we've been s***, and Pardew has done little to inspire much belief going forward this season, but I don't see the need to mine negatives from every other interview. We have been trying to play better football but then when the doubts creep in, we fall back into our more desperate habits. Hopefully these new lads will give the team and Pardew the confidence to push on and start looking up again.

I agree with this and this is especially impressive.

I understand what you mean and maybe we should give Pardew another chance now when he has good players to use the second half of the season. I´m just so pissed off with all the talk etc etc when you can clearly see what happens on the pitch. I´m still pissed off with Ashley for sacking Hughton to bring in Pardew. I know Hughton isn´t a world beater, but he is still as good as Pardew, at least. There was no need for a chance. I know this isn´t Pardew´s fault, but it still makes it easier to have a go at him.

But Ok. I should try and give Pardew the rest of the season. But if there is no improvement, then thats it.

Hey I agree that we've been s***, and Pardew has done little to inspire much belief going forward this season, but I don't see the need to mine negatives from every other interview. We have been trying to play better football but then when the doubts creep in, we fall back into our more desperate habits. Hopefully these new lads will give the team and Pardew the confidence to push on and start looking up again.

I agree with this and this is especially impressive.

I understand what you mean and maybe we should give Pardew another chance now when he has good players to use the second half of the season. I´m just so pissed off with all the talk etc etc when you can clearly see what happens on the pitch. I´m still pissed off with Ashley for sacking Hughton to bring in Pardew. I know Hughton isn´t a world beater, but he is still as good as Pardew, at least. There was no need for a chance. I know this isn´t Pardew´s fault, but it still makes it easier to have a go at him.

But Ok. I should try and give Pardew the rest of the season. But if there is no improvement, then thats it.

Fair play. :lol:

Christ, let's hope for some improvement; None, and we're probably down. :hmm: Sort your shit out Alan!

more intrigue for me, now that we're signing another 4/5 footballers...wondering how pardew is gonna play it, can he possibly, possibly have them all playing shitball still?  my gut feeling is he will be then he spouts about playing football the right way, what possible excuse could he have for not doing it now?

You think the reason for hoofball really could be that he just didn't trust williamson enough? I know Colo does it sometimes, but he actually tries to aim at people. For some reason im expecting us to play amazing football from now on  :hmm:

You think the reason for hoofball really could be that he just didn't trust williamson enough? I know Colo does it sometimes, but he actually tries to aim at people. For some reason im expecting us to play amazing football from now on  :hmm:

Williamson was part of, well a member of the team that played attractive football the last 1/3 of last season.

I'd question the extent to which a few new players is going to change his approach and mentality in games - especially when it comes to defending a lead. I appreciate that Ashley has chosen to back him, but I'm sceptical as to whether we'll witness a drastic improvement in tactics. The only thing I'm hoping for is that our 'footballers' will now take the game by the scruff of neck themselves.

These new signings will certainly give us all a huge lift though, and I don't think we can underestimate the effect this'll have on positivity in and around the club.

Mym should change our game alone, his ability on the ball and confidence bringing it out of defence on the deck should breed a better confidence in our defence as a unit, we can play it out instead of route 1 panic hoofball! Should being the operative word, I only have reservations about colo's mentality now. There should be no reason for Williamson getting near the first team now!!

I was just thinking back and reading some posts, how can Pardew finish 5th one season and probably 17th the next ? Then I remembered a few clubs have done this but I think the best example are Everton and Moyes. They got into Europe I think 02/03 and finished 17th the next season under Moyes. The same reasons, Europe, paper thin squad, too many weak links, a bit more bad luck than the average season and injuries. I`m expecting comments of how can you compare Pardew to Moyes but Moyes was very poor tactically in his second season as well. You can learn a lot from a very bad season especially if you manage to stay up and finish 4th the next as Moyes did. Is this Pardews first ever season in Europe as a manager ? And was it Moyes ? Learning curve. I don`t know I havn`t read the Everton history page, Lets hope anyway because thats all the optimism I have left to give this forum and myself.

2001-02  38  8  4  7  26  23    3  6 10  19  34  -12  43  15th

2002-03  38 11  5  3  28  19    6  3 10  20  30  -1  59  7th

2003-04  38  8  5  6  27  20    1  7 11  18  37  -12  39  17th

2004-05  38 12  2  5  24  15    6  5  8  21  31  -1  61  4th

2005-06  38  8  4  7  22  22    6  4  9  12  27  -15  50  11th

2006-07  38 11  4  4  33  17    4  9  6  19  19  +16  58  6th

2007-08  38 11  4  4  34  17    8  4  7  21  16  +22  65  5th

2008-09  38  8  6  5  31  20    9  6  4  24  17  +18  63  5th

2009-10  38 11  6  2  35  21    5  7  7  25  28  +11  61  8th

2010-11  38  9  7  3  31  23    4  8  7  20  22  +6  54  7th

2011-12  38 10  3  6  28  15    5  8  6  22  25  +10  56  7th

With Everton

2001-02: 15th

2002-03: 7th

2003-04: 17th

2004-05: 4th (Qualification for UEFA Champions League)

2005-06: 11th

2006-07: 6th (Qualification for UEFA Cup)

2007-08: 5th (Qualification for UEFA Cup)

2008-09: 5th (Qualification for UEFA Europa League)

2009-10: 8th

2010-11: 7th

2011-12: 7th

Guest neesy111

Neil has said on multiple occasions on here there's some similarities but quite a few differences between us and Everton.

Fact is if we go down we'll end up with Ipswich and Norwich being our examples. :(

I've been wanting Pards hung from the top of the tyne bridge but these signings have somehow given me hope that he's gonna change his approach/tactics.

Saying that I'll probably be spitting blood when I see only 1 of the new signings in the starting line up for villa.

I'll be careful with my wording as the odd poster jumps on my word of "backed", but it seems Ashley has gone with upgrading the squad and giving Pardew new players to make a difference with. It looks like we have either upgraded or increased squad cover in left back, right back, centre back, centre mid and attack. That's pretty good going as three of the players signed up are very good in theory. The Colo stuff is a bit weird, but I'm really hoping we don't have to deploy Williamson again as a result.

Over to you Pardew, please don't tell don't hoof the ball and fuck this up now.

This a fresh start for me. He was making silly mistakes and getting a lot wrong, I was really struggling to accept him as our manager any more but tbf there have been a fair few mitigating circumstances with injuries, suspensions and just players not performing (partly his fault but the players have to take the majority of the blame imo, most of them aren't kids!).

Now he really does have no excuses. He will make decisions the majority won't like but I can live with that, it happens. He just needs to get the performances out of a talented group of players and get the results.

He has the squad now to pull us out of trouble.

I don't think he is a bad manager, just one that struggles with a weak squad. That has been rectified so now it's time for him to show what he can do again with adequate resources.