Alan Pardew

Dave

ll this shit about working the other team out and playing a system based on it is part of the problem. It may work in one context; although I don't believe Pardew is articulate enough to implement something like that. You could see him mid game trying to desperately switch from one formstion to the other and then flung on banaal and overly late subs. 

Didn't think tonight was too bad - we were always likely to lose to Everton with the form they're in and the players we have missing but still managed to create more chances, and with a bit better luck and finishing could have been a draw at least.

Things will improve with players returning and coming in - defence for the next league match is likely to be Debuchy - Taylor - Colo - Santon - best back 4 we've been able to put out in years.

More chances?  Everton created far more than what we did.

From the BBC:

58% possession

Shots: 14-7

Shots on: 11-6

Anyone name some potential replacements that we could realistically get?

Van Marwijk?

good shout.

i wouldnt want di matteo or blanc though, think they're both pretty shit and we'd soon run into the same probs we have now, along with a few new ones. I would however take someone like Venables to see us through to the end of the season/until we can get a long term appointment.

If he did actually throw Santon under the bus publicly, he's a worse manager and a worse human being than I had thought him to be. Way to ruin a young player's self-esteem, confidence and faith in his position.

There's no disgrace in getting beat off a strong, organised and driven Everton side but ending the game with that 11 containing Ameobi's x 2, Ranger, Willo and a young kid (as talented as he is) in the middle of the park against Fellaini is fucking scandalous.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so predictable. I don't know who it was, but in the pre-match thread there was someone hanging his head in despair at the thought of Cisse being put on the wing up against Baines and Pienaar. What for? to accomodate Shola FFS. You couldn't fucking make it up.

If he did actually throw Santon under the bus publicly, he's a worse manager and a worse human being than I had thought him to be. Way to ruin a young player's self-esteem, confidence and faith in his position.

To be fair he can't throw Tiote under the bus, all the people on it wouldn't survive

Didn't think tonight was too bad - we were always likely to lose to Everton with the form they're in and the players we have missing but still managed to create more chances, and with a bit better luck and finishing could have been a draw at least.

Things will improve with players returning and coming in - defence for the next league match is likely to be Debuchy - Taylor - Colo - Santon - best back 4 we've been able to put out in years.

rubbish, we could have won tonight

Aye, Everton didn't really play that well tonight. We made them look way better then they actually played. Fair play they got the result, but Moyes changed up his tactics for the last 20 minutes of the first half, and must have been laughing like an idiot when we started to hoof it, then managed to cancel out that great tactic and Pardew seemed to have no clue how to change it again.

From the BBC:

58% possession

Oh statistics.

We did create a little more than we usually do, but we were never, ever as incisive as Everton were. Everytime Fellaini, Baines and Pienaar came forward together everyone was collectively shitting their pants.

Basically repeating myself here, but if i was Chairman, i'd only sack Pardew if i had the means to poach a really top replacement.

This won't be popular... but i do think people are exaggerating when they say we're definitely going down. The situation isn't completely desperate and there are nine points up for grabs now. Again 'if i was Chairman', i'd assess the situation after these next three games.

I was starting to regain a bit of faith in him after the last few games in terms of us playing the right way, but he's totally blown my mind tonight.

As you say, he's got 3 games to play a 433/4231/whatever and see how we get on.  Less than 6 points and he can fuck off IMO.

If someone told us at the start of the season "there's a run of games where you've got Manu (a), Arsenal (a) and Everton (h) - you pick up zero points" i wouldn't be particularly aghast.

It is the manner of each defeat that has got people (rightly) irate. Put simply, there are only two reasons as to why we've lost all three:

/ Individual capitulations in the defence

/ Abysmal in-game decisions from the manager.

However, Debuchy has arrived; hopefully that is Point A sorted.

Now, he's got three games to stop the insane decisions. With these three winnable games coming up, he's simply got to bag some points and veer us away from the relegation zone. If he doesn't, i fail to see how we're going to survive by anything but the very skin of our teeth.

Guest Eggenberger

Funny how everyone despises `arry and wouldnt have him near our club.

I`ll take tax evasion and tapping up other clubs players over shagging players wives and tapping up your own players any day.

From the BBC:

58% possession

How many of those "shots on" where fucking soft balls that Howard could just pick up? the Shots/Shots on Taget stats is foolish to use.