Alan Pardew

Dave

Even if you consider lack of transfers, i find it hard to excuse replacing  our 3 centre midfielders and leaving jonas and shola on. As well as the bizarre decisions he has made all season, I see nothing to suggest signings will fix this

I've been willing to give him time - and maybe we should stick with him a little longer but the thing that hacked me off today was how dominant we were with a midfield three who can pass and then how bad we were at the end.

We lost today because of the substitutions and Pards knows this. He's willing to talk about Cabaye afterwards and he has a fair defence. Injury or not Cabaye was not going to play 95 mins. But he ignores that the game changed when he took off Marv and the crowd to a person knew it was the wrong move. The second half wasn't going well, so bringing on Perch, or better still Bigi, into midfield might make sense but it had to be Shola or Jonas to go.

My second gripe is Shola who clearly is an impact player at most nowadays. I feel the wind taken from the crowd when he is a starter. I'm not sure there is any question left where Shola is the answer.

Finally, I'm 'annoyed' with our inability to chase a game. We lose all shape and create even less chances. I'm thinking Pards is a one trick manager, score first then shut up shop.

However I did like the first half performance and if you remove Williamson, Jonas ( present form) and Shola there is a decent team there. Dubuchy was a plus, he was better in the air than I figured, but in a good side his pace and runs will be an asset.

Think everyone has to hold their hands up now. He's not the main problem but clearly is having a counterproductive effect which is past the point of rectification.

I used to think that but not now, he has been a rank bad manager for this season, but it's his inability to do anything different. Tbh it's embarrassing how useless he actually is.

It's wrong to think that the lack of support from ownership hasn't hurt us badly this season, of course.

But a competent manager still has this squad, with these players, at least 10th.

I didn't comment on the lack of investment as that's plain for everybody to see and has hindered Pardew. But not to the extent that the team is where it is.

And i say this again for the umpteenth time (something i say a lot ;)), it's the football, it absolutely rancid, the set pieces, the defending, the lack of movement. Every one of those things is down to him, new players or not.

Nah mate I was agreeing with you, just commenting on the notion around these parts that it's our lack of investment that's been our chief downfall. Which is simply not true.

Still staggered about today. So, so negative. We can't win from behind or away from home; what chance have we got for the rest of the season if he wasn't willing to continue attacking Reading at SJP after going 1-0 up? :(

Guest bimpy474

I've been willing to give him time - and maybe we should stick with him a little longer but the thing that hacked me off today was how dominant we were with a midfield three who can pass and then how bad we were at the end.

We lost today because of the substitutions and Pards knows this. He's willing to talk about Cabaye afterwards and he has a fair defence. Injury or not Cabaye was not going to play 95 mins. But he ignores that the game changed when he took off Marv and the crowd to a person knew it was the wrong move. The second half wasn't going well, so bringing on Perch, or better still Bigi, into midfield might make sense but it had to be Shola or Jonas to go.

My second gripe is Shola who clearly is an impact player at most nowadays. I feel the wind taken from the crowd when he is a starter. I'm not sure there is any question left where Shola is the answer.

Finally, I'm 'annoyed' with our inability to chase a game. We lose all shape and create even less chances. I'm thinking Pards is a one trick manager, score first then shut up shop.

However I did like the first half performance and if you remove Williamson, Jonas ( present form) and Shola there is a decent team there. Dubuchy was a plus, he was better in the air than I figured, but in a good side his pace and runs will be an asset.

Give him time ? He came out and blamed the crowd for the result, for that alone he should go.

You're right about it being a decent team there, as it's been most of the season but his inability to get best out of them has been plain to see.

Guest bimpy474

Back in the days of Roeder or Souness, the fans would have gathered already at SJP with shouts for "taxi for Pardew". What has changed?

Because we know Ashley wouldn't listen or care. It would be a pointless exercise that SSN would exploit to the enth degree.

Back in the days of Roeder or Souness, the fans would have gathered already at SJP with shouts for "taxi for Pardew". What has changed?

I think the lack of media pressure has really helped his case. If the Sun/Mirror etc were having a pop then sadly that would stir the sheep from their slumber.

As it is, he's been given a very easy ride which has transcended into the crowd imho.

There's probably also an acceptance/apathy that anyone working under Ashley is effectively hamstrung from the off, so why bother?

Don't know if the players like Pardew or not, but no matter what they think we do need a new face to guide them through and give them some new belief. Pardew seems unable to do this with his whinging and negativity all the time.

I thought this too. A lot of it is to do with last season, perhaps people are completely apathetic, but I'd give it one of two more home thrashings and the tide will really start to turn. Whatever it is, he deserve more abuse than either of the named two- I've never seen a side as bad as this in my time supporting NUFC, especially considering the players at his disposal. If you're considered worse than Souness' time up here then you're in big, big trouble.

In the last 15 games, we've only got anything from 3 of them. A home win against a shit Wigan team down to 10 men, a late home win against bottom of the table QPR and a 0-0 draw against out of form Norwich City.

15 games isn't far off half a season for fucks sake. Even before then it took Cisse's arse from a wayward shit Sammy shot to beat the mighty West Brom at home. One of the other few wins was scraping past Norwich when they were probably the better team.

It's absolutely shit. When we went down we didn't have a midfield and it was obvious the direction we were heading. Now we have the players but the manager is fuckin useless. Get this cunt to fuck!

Guest VanBarduck

No seriously, I don't know much about the labor law in England , do they have to pay him , his 8 years of salary in case he's sacked ?

Guest bimpy474

I can't do anything right tonight. I'm too angry at this fucking wanker. I hate him so, so much.

Aye, i'm going to take my anger out on Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, then have an angry wank and stick my cock in a snowball.

Guest chicken little

No seriously, I don't know much about the labor law in England , do they have to pay him , his 8 years of salary in case he's sacked ?

not sure about the legal situation myself (don't live in the uk), but word is there is a clause in his contract that says he gets one years' salary regardless of when he is sacked.

I certainly can't remember another manager having had as much patience with the fans as Pardew has.

It's hardly the main point, but if any jip aimed at him was obviously audible, we're bound to get branded impatient or ungrateful by the media bods. Which, as I say, hardly matters... but will be irritating all the same. LWLLWLDDWLDLDWDLLLLWLLWLLLDL. :anguish:

Guest bimpy474

Not if you have a severance pay arrangement, such a years salary, which is the figure most of us agree it would be.