Alan Pardew

Dave

Reckon we'd be any different under Carver?

If we told Pardew to f*** off and gave Carver/Stone the Villa game I'm wondering if we'd do much differently.  Part of me thinks Carver wouldn't have us defending a lead or pissing about throwing on defensive players for attacking players.

This is based on very little other than he probably learned the majority of his ideas under SBR.

I think we'd be just as bad. Carver is part of the coaching setup that has us playing so negatively.

But was part of the set up that played so well under Sir Bobby. Might be the manager has the last say ?

this is what I'm unsure about.  Totally confused by it because I'd have thought he'd tell Pardew he's ballsing it all up.  Maybe he doesn't see it either  :dontknow:

Or he does and Pardew takes no notice, bit like KK did with the defending side of things. Unsure myself but if Pardew does go then we will have new staff that come with the new manager. So it's a mute point really.

aye.  Was more just to do with the hypothetical scenario that we sack AP but don't get anyone in before Villa.

Guest bimpy474

Reckon we'd be any different under Carver?

If we told Pardew to f*** off and gave Carver/Stone the Villa game I'm wondering if we'd do much differently.  Part of me thinks Carver wouldn't have us defending a lead or pissing about throwing on defensive players for attacking players.

This is based on very little other than he probably learned the majority of his ideas under SBR.

I think we'd be just as bad. Carver is part of the coaching setup that has us playing so negatively.

But was part of the set up that played so well under Sir Bobby. Might be the manager has the last say ?

this is what I'm unsure about.  Totally confused by it because I'd have thought he'd tell Pardew he's ballsing it all up.  Maybe he doesn't see it either  :dontknow:

Or he does and Pardew takes no notice, bit like KK did with the defending side of things. Unsure myself but if Pardew does go then we will have new staff that come with the new manager. So it's a mute point really.

aye.  Was more just to do with the hypothetical scenario that we sack AP but don't get anyone in before Villa.

Well i don't see Carver as defeatest as Pardew, but i would think if Pardew went say tomorrow, we would have a new manager in place by Villa.

Can't see him being sacked though, more's the pity.

Guest Craig-NUFC

I see Carver as a Terry Mac type of figure. His main job is keeping morale up. His record doesn't suggest he's be a great manager.

I see the entire senior coaching staff as banter lads there for morale.

Still not remotely confident we will get anyone better in.

Nobody better than the manager who is breaking club records for how bad he's doing?

Yep.

WAT

I think we could get worse and it would probably happen.

Worse than the worst ever points haul at this point in pl history for the club, worse than 2 wins in goodness knows how many games ?

Seriously it can't get any worse than right now. The squad we have should not be getting the results it is getting the way the manager lost us the last game should be evidence enough to show he is simply not up to the job. But if you want further proof look at his last season at west ham, the man will get us relegated, the only possible way we survive is if we make a change, any change. A half competent manager will have no problem securing enough points with the players we have.

Again, I can see us getting in worse.

That isn't saying Pardew is doing well, it's saying I have absolutely no faith that the board will get a quality manager in and I think 'anyone would be better' is complete nonsense.

I have a feeling he'll stay till Collo is either convinced to stay or goes then Ashley will show him the door

What if Colo was convinced to stay by the news Pardew was gone? It's a distinct possibility in my mind.

While Pardew is sat in the meeting

"I can only afford to keep one of you on" etc.

Knowing this club, we'd keep Pardew.  :suicide:

I have a feeling he'll stay till Collo is either convinced to stay or goes then Ashley will show him the door

What if Colo was convinced to stay by the news Pardew was gone? It's a distinct possibility in my mind.

While Pardew is sat in the meeting

"I can only afford to keep one of you on" etc.

Knowing this club, we'd keep Pardew.  :suicide:

Then buy willo a curly wig.

I see Carver as a Terry Mac type of figure. His main job is keeping morale up. His record doesn't suggest he's be a great manager.

Carver is not a football manager, and tarred with the stain of the current regime. We new a break.

Nobody better than the manager who is breaking club records for how bad he's doing?

Yep.

WAT

Worse than the worst ever points haul at this point in pl history for the club, worse than 2 wins in goodness knows how many games ?

Seriously it can't get any worse than right now. The squad we have should not be getting the results it is getting the way the manager lost us the last game should be evidence enough to show he is simply not up to the job. But if you want further proof look at his last season at west ham, the man will get us relegated, the only possible way we survive is if we make a change, any change. A half competent manager will have no problem securing enough points with the players we have.

That isn't saying Pardew is doing well, it's saying I have absolutely no faith that the board will get a quality manager in and I think 'anyone would be better' is complete nonsense.

Can you really see Pardew turning this around? if not then what have we got to lose in trying

Guest bimpy474

Yep.

WAT

This is where Caj is spot on, I've been calling for Pardew to go for nearly a month, but the frightening thing is, you're left with Dekka and Ashley appointing the new manager. Lose lose.

The only hope is they have developed some common sense, unlikely i know.

Yep.

WAT

Seriously man, we can't get worse our form is as low as any football club could possibly be how can we get lower than that we lost to Reading at home, no one has this year, no one

I see the entire senior coaching staff as banter lads there for morale.

Said this myself before but there's many on here who refuse to believe the "jobs for the boys" idea.

The trouble with that is, and I'm not disagreeing, is that it's impossible to know one way or the other. We all used to say the same about Lee Clark, who subsequently has gone on to manage competently, if not fantastically, at League One/Championship level when a lot of posters on here thought that he was only fit for putting the cones out.

Most clubs do source their coaches from either ex-players or local links, be it Mike Phelan, Steffen Freund, Steve Bould or Bolo Zenden.

If Pardew does go, my hope would be for someone like Di Matteo. Realistically though we could be staring down the barrel of another Kinnear like appointment.

:scared:

Why not? A young and hungry manager is exactly what we need, preferably someone with a point to prove.

Hardly set the world alight at WBA.  Fan favourite at Chelsea.  Comes across as rather arrogant without any sustained period of successful management to back it up.

If Pardew does go, my hope would be for someone like Di Matteo. Realistically though we could be staring down the barrel of another Kinnear like appointment.

Sacked by West Brom after winning 3 in 16, with 11 defeats. Pardew has won 3 in 16, with 10 defeats. :lol: