Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest bimpy474

I feel pretty conflicted. Part of me likes him, appreciates his tenacity and the way he conducts himself and wants him to get another season - especially when considering a replacement would possibly/probably make things worse. A bigger part of me thinks he's just never going to be up to it tactically. He gets far too much criticism on here, mind, a lot of which is due to the nasty habit we have as NUFC supporters of overrating our players.

Not really, if you take aside the cockney nonsense that some will never like him for. Its the football Ron, nothing else, the state of the football, the lack of forward play. In two years here none of us know exactly what football he wants to play, it's just a mess, a hit and hope mess.

I hate to say this but just look at Liverpool, blobface will have them playing the football he wants, Pardew ? what is it we are trying to do each game, no pattern, no teamwork, no ideas most of the time. I don't want to change manager again but for christ sake in two years, can we see anything that resembles a system.

Do you know what, it's depressing watching us right now, Pardew has sucked the fun out of my football, not because of the table, it's what you get to see. I mean, say we play well and muller Fulham, everyone will be shocked at the decent play, that's how bad it's got.

Hoping for some decent football, not swift attacking lovely football, just some bog standard passing that looks ok, it really has got that bad.

which to be fair, in the main (not including last week) we had done since the january window.

He did a bit, but is that what i need to hoy myself down a well to get a wish for. Even then it's not exactly exciting, i like nice football me  :(

I like getting to 1-0 after 5 minutes and thinking "we're going to pan this lot" - this season, even 2-0 up against Wigan at home after 20 minutes, them with ten men, I was worried all the way until Bigirimana scored about them coming back into it because we play with no attacking purpose when we've got a lead. Even in that game we only matched them 50-50 in possession.

Several times this season, we've taken the lead just before half time and my missus is actually annoyed about it - "now he'll just tell them to defend it, wish we hadn't bothered". Caught up in the moment, I'll always tell her she's being utterly ridiculous, then at full time I have to tell her that she was right. I don't like telling her that under any circumstances.

Aye, i never ever get the feeling we will go on to win comfortable, it's always hang on, hanging on. hoof it away, It's never, i know lets keep it and control this match. I hate every bit of it.

Guest bimpy474

Yep. it's awful to watch and this season as our position in the league shows its not good enough. I'm sick of hearing about injuries, Europa and every other excuse him and whoever come out with.

None of that should stop a fooball getting his team to string 3/4/5 passes together. I hate long ball, no i'm not even going to go there, i ranting earlier in the season about that s***.

He was claiming the players were tired earlier in the season because of Europe yet he was fielding almost 2 different teams a week.

I know and that's why i was one of the first to say get rid, my main reason was the long ball crap. That game i think against Everton. Tim Krul hit it long 33 times i think it was.

I just don't get how others can't see it, the dreadful football, the embarrassing set pieces, the away form which is just ridiculous. The stream of excuses which were utter bullshit at the time.

I like the bloke, i just can't stand the manager's football.

I feel pretty conflicted. Part of me likes him, appreciates his tenacity and the way he conducts himself and wants him to get another season - especially when considering a replacement would possibly/probably make things worse. A bigger part of me thinks he's just never going to be up to it tactically. He gets far too much criticism on here, mind, a lot of which is due to the nasty habit we have as NUFC supporters of overrating our players.

Not really, if you take aside the cockney nonsense that some will never like him for. Its the football Ron, nothing else, the state of the football, the lack of forward play. In two years here none of us know exactly what football he wants to play, it's just a mess, a hit and hope mess.

I hate to say this but just look at Liverpool, blobface will have them playing the football he wants, Pardew ? what is it we are trying to do each game, no pattern, no teamwork, no ideas most of the time. I don't want to change manager again but for christ sake in two years, can we see anything that resembles a system.

Do you know what, it's depressing watching us right now, Pardew has sucked the fun out of my football, not because of the table, it's what you get to see. I mean, say we play well and muller Fulham, everyone will be shocked at the decent play, that's how bad it's got.

Hoping for some decent football, not swift attacking lovely football, just some bog standard passing that looks ok, it really has got that bad.

Its the football itself, that will always grind on us fans.  If we can take our own heads out of our arses, me included and everyone else on here, let just say none of us were nufc fans, lets be subjective and pretend we are a neutral follower of the premiership league,

would anyone of us truely pay money to watch a Alan Pardew Newcastle side?  Will we F**K, why? because its f***ing horrible. Its atrocious!

We only tolerate this disgraceful filth and even entertain the idea of watching nufc because we are the supporters, we haven't got a bleeding choice and we can't help ourselves.

Yep. it's awful to watch and this season as our position in the league shows its not good enough. I'm sick of hearing about injuries, Europa and every other excuse him and whoever come out with.

None of that should stop a fooball manager getting his team to string 3/4/5 passes together. I hate long ball, no i'm not even going to go there, i ranted earlier in the season about that s***.

It riles me even more listening to the radio to so called sport expert, football pundits, all have brought into the salesman bullshit of Alan Pardew.  They really believe that our current p*ss poor season is down solely to the participation in the Europa league.  f*** sake.

Yeah dont get me started on long balls either, i may not like it but atleast if its done right it can be effective.  Pardew can't can even do what he specialize in, our long balls are s*** just like the set penises and our short balls are equally s***, just what does Pardew expertize in?  Someone needs to help me out, is it PR, media handling?  Spin? and selling positive bullshit fantasy stories about our amazing football style to potential transfer targets ? why dont we move him upstairs to be an executive or vice chairman he be like our new Chris Mort. 

on the basis that it's got such past record ?

Do you think he doesn't?

nope. i think we have a team who panic under pressure (which could probably be down to the manager) but that he sets them out time after time after taking a lead  and it's backfired the same way is just silly.

:lol: We did it last year, it worked much of the time then and it hasn't this year.  The only thing you're on to something with is saying it's related to confidence, otherwise you're wrong.

Evidence: my eyes; common sense; watching football for a number of years (apparently way less than you, which makes the things you say all the more staggering).

Do you think he doesn't?

nope. i think we have a team who panic under pressure (which could probably be down to the manager) but that he sets them out time after time after taking a lead  and it's backfired the same way is just silly.

:lol: We did it last year, it worked much of the time then and it hasn't this year.  The only thing you're on to something with is saying it's related to confidence, otherwise you're wrong.

Evidence: my eyes; common sense; watching football for a number of years (apparently way less than you, which makes the things you say all the more staggering).

i've already covered last year man and i will agree that many came out last year thinking we'd just held on when I though it was quite comfortable, think thats more down to mthe fans than owt else.

Guest bimpy474

Its the football itself, that will always grind on us fans.  If we can take our own heads out of our arses, me included and everyone else on here, let just say none of us were nufc fans, lets be subjective and pretend we are a neutral follower of the premiership league,

would anyone of us truely pay money to watch a Alan Pardew Newcastle side?  Will we F**K, why? because its f***ing horrible. Its atrocious!

We only tolerate this disgraceful filth and even entertain the idea of watching nufc because we are the supporters, we haven't got a bleeding choice and we can't help ourselves.

None of that should stop a fooball manager getting his team to string 3/4/5 passes together. I hate long ball, no i'm not even going to go there, i ranted earlier in the season about that s***.

It riles me even more listening to the radio to so called sport expert, football pundits, all have brought into the salesman bullshit of Alan Pardew.  They really believe that our current p*ss poor season is down solely to the participation in the Europa league.  f*** sake.

Yeah dont get me started on long balls either, i may not like it but atleast if its done right it can be effective.  Pardew can't can even do what he specialize in, our long balls are s*** just like the set penises and our short balls are equally s***, just what does Pardew expertize in?  Someone needs to help me out, is it PR, media handling?  Spin? and selling positive bullshit fantasy stories about our amazing football style to potential transfer targets ? why dont we move him upstairs to be an executive or vice chairman he be like our new Chris Mort. 

He's a bit like Redknapp with the media, they like him. Tbf to Pardew the players do genuinely like him and like the training. The football, makes me so sad :(

Chelsea (h) is the only game I can remember this season walking out thinking we went all out to win, from start to finish. Including attacking subs and going for it right until the end. Funny that.

Do you think he doesn't?

i've already covered last year man and i will agree that many came out last year thinking we'd just held on when I though it was quite comfortable, think thats more down to mthe fans than owt else.

Again I think you're wrong then.  We won 19 games last year, I can go through them and tell you how many I thought were comfortable if you like but proportionately there weren't as many as you'd think for a team finishing 5th in the league.

Do you think he doesn't?

Again I think you're wrong then.  We won 19 games last year, I can go through them and tell you how many I thought were comfortable if you like but proportionately there weren't as many as you'd think for a team finishing 5th in the league.

you'll say the fulhams, the wigans, norwich etc ?

:lol:  I'll tell you from start to finish mate, I'm anal like that.  Hads on.

The end result will be that we have ridiculously different parameters for what constitutes a comfortable win but fuck it, I'll do it anyway.

The end result will be that we have ridiculously different parameters for what constitutes a comfortable win but f*** it, I'll do it anyway.

I've one can left in the fridge, get a move on.

edit...really you'll be checking through nufc.com's archives and seeing what you remember from it.

Out of the 25 odd years I remember watching Newcastle, I can probably count about 6 or 7 of 'good' football.  Just saying..

I must be on about 20 seasons and you're right, I'm on similar proportions.

However, quite a lot of those seasons we've had shite players, or supposedly effective and hard-working Premier League players.  What we have now is a bunch of technically proficient players, therefore the frustration for us playing tedium-ball is far higher which probably wasn't what you were getting at.

The end result will be that we have ridiculously different parameters for what constitutes a comfortable win but f*** it, I'll do it anyway.

edit...really you'll be checking through nufc.com's archives and seeing what you remember from it.

:lol: I've numerous bottles there, I'll take as long as I like.

And fuck off with me trying to collect views on games from nufc.com or whatever, I remember stuff like this far too well. :lol: I don't know what the code is to get in my building, but I know who Tony Yeboah scored those 2 mental goals against, remember all of our league positions since 92/93, etc.  Like I said I'm anal like that. :lol:

Anyway, brb m8.

I must be on about 20 seasons and you're right, I'm on similar proportions.

However, quite a lot of those seasons we've had s**** players, or supposedly effective and hard-working Premier League players.  What we have now is a bunch of technically proficient players, therefore the frustration for us playing tedium-ball is far higher which probably wasn't what you were getting at.

I can probably get 9 from 25 as long as we can use the 2nd division as two were in it.

And f*** off with me trying to collect views on games from nufc.com or whatever, I remember stuff like this far too well. :lol: I don't know what the code is to get in my building, but I know who Tony Yeboah scored those 2 mental goals against, remember all of our league positions since 92/93, etc.  Like I said I'm anal like that. :lol:

Anyway, brb m8.

who did yeboah score those those against, liverpool was one , was wimbledom the other ?

And f*** off with me trying to collect views on games from nufc.com or whatever, I remember stuff like this far too well. :lol: I don't know what the code is to get in my building, but I know who Tony Yeboah scored those 2 mental goals against, remember all of our league positions since 92/93, etc.  Like I said I'm anal like that. :lol:

Anyway, brb m8.

who did yeboah score those those against, liverpool was one , was wimbledom the other ?

Aye.