Alan Pardew

Dave

Not sure why I expected anything other than a barrage of abuse for suggesting giving Pardew another year after that performance.

Fwiw, I also want the best for NUFC unsurprisingly. Actually quite apathetic towards the decision of whether he stays or not. The alternative options aren't particularly appetising at all. Hopefully a couple of decent additions and a luckier season on the injury front will result in a campaign more similar to last year's.

So aye, for reasons unknown to even myself, I'd give him another year. Soz.

We attack with 3 players. We sit too deep.

These are tactical decisions from the manager. Irrespective of the summer, we'll STILL play s***, uninspiring football. We did well last season despite Pardew, not because of him. We ended up with a front 3 of Ba, Ben Arfa and Cisse and it worked well. We still only attacked with 3 players, but they were 3 very direct forward players and they offered enough threat to the opposition that we got a few goals.

Now we've lost Ba, Ben Arfa has missed nearly all the season and teams know what we're about and how we'll play. Also, loads of other teams underperformed last season and allowed us to sneak in. We can't be so utterly reliant on 3 players for any success whatsoever because when something goes wrong (Ba sold, Ben Arfa injured) we're f***ed, as this season shows. Our system is rubbish, it relies on exceptional individuals performing moments of magic.

Guest bimpy474

Not sure why I expected anything other than a barrage of abuse for suggesting giving Pardew another year after that performance.

Fwiw, I also want the best for NUFC unsurprisingly. Actually quite apathetic towards the decision of whether he stays or not. The alternative options aren't particularly appetising at all. Hopefully a couple of decent additions and a luckier season on the injury front will result in a campaign more similar to last year's.

he's a poor manager. Regardless of whether or not you want the best for NUFC if you cannot see that you're mental.

If you'd referred to him as a poor manager after the Chelsea 2-0 you'd almost certainly have been labelled a mental tbf. Your concern for my mental constitution is touching though Hans. Thank you x

And what would you say to those of us who voiced concerns at the style of play last year. Having watched football and knowing that those kind of tactics will eventually get sussed out and no longer work. And knew from Pardew's previous managerial record, that it shows he starts well and then falls away.

Players seemed to make their opinion of him and his tactical approach quite clear with that disgraceful effort.

There's no way the players should get away with this. He's the manager and takes overall responsibility but their performance was awful.

That should not be taken as an excuse for the players. I agree with you entirely, the players deserve all the stick they'll get and they should be professional enough to motivate themselves.

BUT - a team so bereft of inspiration in a match that big just screams of losing the dressing room.

No fire in his belly, I want to hear him fuming over the disallowed goal I want him spitting "goals change game" even if he didn't belie it we the fans and the players need to hear and see he has fight in him. Its all so controlled and measured and its how we try to play, its not working.. the scum went out all fired up we went calm and controlled, both CB's looked terrified to make a challenge in the box, looked like a tactic "they will get a pen be careful be sure blah blah blah" it effected both of them MYM got rolled so many times and thats not him but he is not being allowed to play his natural game.

One thing we aren't/weren't is "controlled". Clueless more like.

These are tactical decisions from the manager. Irrespective of the summer, we'll STILL play shit, uninspiring football. We did well last season despite Pardew, not because of him. We ended up with a front 3 of Ba, Ben Arfa and Cisse and it worked well. We still only attacked with 3 players, but they were 3 very direct forward players and they offered enough threat to the opposition that we got a few goals.

Now we've lost Ba, Ben Arfa has missed nearly all the season and teams know what we're about and how we'll play. Also, loads of other teams underperformed last season and allowed us to sneak in. We can't be so utterly reliant on 3 players for any success whatsoever because when something goes wrong (Ba sold, Ben Arfa injured) we're fucked, as this season shows. Our system is rubbish, it relies on exceptional individuals performing moments of magic.

Spot on. Our lack of direction and movement just screams poor coaching.

Does anyone here doubt that Di Canio is going to do far more for Sunderland's game than Pardew is capable of doing for us? If Pardew stays then the humiliation we faced to day will only escalate.

We've just lost 3-0 at home to the team that were going down according to the bookies.  They've replaced a negative manager who was holding them back and they've just pissed all over us. 

I noticed Di Canio going mad at their defenders for refusing to go forward for that stoppage time corner and felt depressed that our manager would never do that at 3-0 up. I wouldn't want him of course, but the difference was palpable.

These are tactical decisions from the manager. Irrespective of the summer, we'll STILL play s***, uninspiring football. We did well last season despite Pardew, not because of him. We ended up with a front 3 of Ba, Ben Arfa and Cisse and it worked well. We still only attacked with 3 players, but they were 3 very direct forward players and they offered enough threat to the opposition that we got a few goals.

Now we've lost Ba, Ben Arfa has missed nearly all the season and teams know what we're about and how we'll play. Also, loads of other teams underperformed last season and allowed us to sneak in. We can't be so utterly reliant on 3 players for any success whatsoever because when something goes wrong (Ba sold, Ben Arfa injured) we're f***ed, as this season shows. Our system is rubbish, it relies on exceptional individuals performing moments of magic.

Spot on. Our lack of direction and movement just screams poor coaching.

And aside from how crazy that is in the first place, this season 2 of those 3 players capable of such magic haven't been part of the team, yet we persevere with the same setup and scratch our heads when it doesn't work.

As Einstein said, the definition of craziness is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result. But that's Pardew and his tactics for you.

The decision to bring Shola on for Gouffran at half time is the equivalent of gross misconduct in any other work place.

Gouffran did absolutely f*** all in the first half though.

Looked dangerous at the start, faded. Just needed a bit of a kick up the arse at half-time. Bringing on Shola was the complete opposite of 'the right thing to do'.

Exactly, what a waste of a substitution to bring on a bloke that can barely move for the only bloke relatively fresh and someone who will run all day.

Guest Bert Shaft

Was just thinking what Newcastle might be like if we had a nut case, but passionate whack job of a  manager like Di Canio is.

Then 3 seconds later I realised that the cockney barrowboy also fits that criteria    :crazy2:    :naughty:.

Does anyone here doubt that Di Canio is going to do far more for Sunderland's game than Pardew is capable of doing for us? If Pardew stays then the humiliation we faced to day will only escalate.

We've just lost 3-0 at home to the team that were going down according to the bookies.  They've replaced a negative manager who was holding them back and they've just pissed all over us. 

Di Canio was milking it, strutting arrogantly in front of our fans. Unfortunately Pardew's answer was Shola Ameobi and long ball bollocks, so we deserved to get shafted if truth be told.

I noticed Di Canio going mad at their defenders for refusing to go forward for that stoppage time corner and felt depressed that our manager would never do that at 3-0 up. I wouldn't want him of course, but the difference was palpable.

I looked at Pardew a few times and saw nothing from him, nothing.  I honestly think our domination of Sunderland is over.

Was just thinking what Newcastle might be like if we had a nut case, but passionate whack job of a  manager like Di Canio is.

Then 3 seconds later I realised that the cockney barrowboy also fits that criteria    :crazy2:    :naughty:.

It's a shame his team selections don't reflect that.

No fire in his belly, I want to hear him fuming over the disallowed goal I want him spitting "goals change game" even if he didn't belie it we the fans and the players need to hear and see he has fight in him. Its all so controlled and measured and its how we try to play, its not working.. the scum went out all fired up we went calm and controlled, both CB's looked terrified to make a challenge in the box, looked like a tactic "they will get a pen be careful be sure blah blah blah" it effected both of them MYM got rolled so many times and thats not him but he is not being allowed to play his natural game.

You cant be serious.  Pardews fault that Yanga Mbiwa was complete wank today.. how protected can a set of players get?  Honestly.

One thing we aren't/weren't is "controlled". Clueless more like.

I mean controlled in our approach in our emotion its a rigid plan, sometimes you just have to let your players play.

Get him out and Moyes in. Everton are skint, yet he has his teams play with heart and desire and for each other. We have a great scouting network, transfer funds and 50k plus Geordies who will idolise him if he does with us what he has consistently done at Everton.

I think today's performance increases the chance of the player Pardew covets more than any other, Andy Carroll, returning. He'll use this as leverage with Ashley to get him to pay the transfer money and wages for Carroll. He's the one player that will make Pardew's hoofball philosophy more effective.

Guest loven Mag 11

All I have to say after that is, well done Pardew. There is one hobby in my life that i will religiously put time aside for. Thats NUFC. If I am on a PC I will check N-O, SSN, BBC the lot, whether it be about our team or players. Fuck the real world news, fuck the weather, NUFC is my world. I couldnt give a fuck if its a sunny day, if I dont have a ticket to the game I am staying in to watch the build up then am watching the whole game start to finish. Then come 10.30pm on a weekend I will watch MOTD even though I have seen the game in full.

But guess what, recently I have got to the point where I am questioning... why?

Why should I spend my money and also plan so much of my time around something that has been so unrewarding? ... I cant remember the last match we played that left me in a good mood, or even a comfortable one. Noramlly I am up a height or chewing through my finger nails in fear we will blow another lead etc.

So why really should we all dedicate that much time towards a hobby that is run by a man that really doesnt know how to fully support the cause. This season is the first time I have ever thought about packing it in, finding another hobby even. But nothing compares to the highs and lows of following the toon, just a shame theres been so few highs these past months.

So for that Alan, I congratulate you. You keep peddling those excuses my friend, but deep down you are the reason everybody is hurting.

Rant over.

It's their footballing philosophies that are so very different.

You cant be serious.  Pardews fault that Yanga Mbiwa was complete w*** today.. how protected can a set of players get?  Honestly.

If we had been a bit better when going forward we mightn't have had our players being put under as much pressure, just a thought.

Get him out and Moyes in. Everton are skint, yet he has his teams play with heart and desire and for each other. We have a great scouting network, transfer funds and 50k plus Geordies who will idolise him if he does with us what he has consistently done at Everton.

Pipe dream

Moyes LOL

Aye righty Ho

Guest firetotheworks

You cant be serious.  Pardews fault that Yanga Mbiwa was complete w*** today.. how protected can a set of players get?  Honestly.

It wasn't today, it's been all season man. I disagree with the MYM point as well,  but Pardew has hamstrung all of our players and has them playing and thinking negatively. It's as clear as day.

I looked at Pardew a few times and saw nothing from him, nothing.  I honestly think our domination of Sunderland is over.

Well, if they go down then I don't think so. I don't think it is, though. It would have been easier to think that after we got relegated, but any 'domination' they had certainly didn't last long.

I hope they stay up so we can get them back for this next season. There's no way I want them to go down with this 'hit and run'. We're the bigger, better club and we need to show them that.

Their first win at SJP in 13 years? Let them have their day. They'll always be in our shadow.