Alan Pardew

Dave

Worst footballing day since relegation, for me anyway. And not much to look forward to either, just a scrape through to next season...

Pardew and the players should be well fucking ashamed, ashamed of the performance and ashamed of the excuses.

Can only hope Ashley feels something of this.

Time for some drink.

I'm staggered anyone can defend Pardew after this season. The football is horrendous to watch, we aren't winning, we have the worst away record in the country.

If that isn't his fault, then who's is it.

If they're still defending him after losing 3-0 at home to Sunderland with Di Canio preening like a peacock then what's left to say?

Aye, thing is i'm not saying this after losing to Sunderland, as emotive as that is. I just can't believe they have watched us this whole season and think he deserves to stay.

Tbf, I think you were one of those who had doubts even when we were doing well last season.

I was, but it was the football style then I'm a hater of long ball/hoofball, for me that's the football of a lazy manager, a percentage manager who isn't good enough to get his team to pass the ball.

I actually unlike some, don't mind Pardew the bloke but the football, oh god. Its so poor that it beggars belief and if i do blow my own trumpet, tis i that came up with Set Penises :lol:

Those set penises are a sacking offence alone IMO. Nothing showcases Pardew's lack of imagination more clearly than our impotent corners.

It's not just Pardew though is it. What do Steve Stone, Carver and the like actually do in training? It feels like we run the coaching side on a shoestring - I'm pretty sure other clubs have a larger number of staff in the coaching department. As far as I can see it's just Pardew, Carver, Steve Stone and Woodman. Not sure if that's enough coaching talent for a Premier league team.

Might be something in what you say but Sir Bobby had Carver, Wadsworth and who else ?

Sir Bobby was a better manager, tbh it really is that simple.

SBR had very clear idea of his football philosophy though. High energy midfield and lots of pace. All the technical coaches in the world can't help if the man at the top doesn't know what to do. Incidentally, SBR also knew how to adapt to the players he had. With Big Dunc and Shearer he was quite happy to play long ball, but he still moved to a quick passing game once he was able to buy his own players.

The season we finished 5th under SBR we must have played about 5 minutes of football that year.  It wasn't good by any means.

Senility might have had something to do with that. The two seasons before that were sensational.

Probably been asked, but what was the mood around there today?

Are the majority starting to turn on him?

Today had me deflated to a degree I haven't experienced since relegation. Fucking unbelievably painful to watch that.

Disgruntled.

Guest bimpy474

I'm staggered anyone can defend Pardew after this season. The football is horrendous to watch, we aren't winning, we have the worst away record in the country.

If that isn't his fault, then who's is it.

If they're still defending him after losing 3-0 at home to Sunderland with Di Canio preening like a peacock then what's left to say?

Aye, thing is i'm not saying this after losing to Sunderland, as emotive as that is. I just can't believe they have watched us this whole season and think he deserves to stay.

Tbf, I think you were one of those who had doubts even when we were doing well last season.

I was, but it was the football style then I'm a hater of long ball/hoofball, for me that's the football of a lazy manager, a percentage manager who isn't good enough to get his team to pass the ball.

I actually unlike some, don't mind Pardew the bloke but the football, oh god. Its so poor that it beggars belief and if i do blow my own trumpet, tis i that came up with Set Penises :lol:

Those set penises are a sacking offence alone IMO. Nothing showcases Pardew's lack of imagination more clearly than our impotent corners.

It's not just Pardew though is it. What do Steve Stone, Carver and the like actually do in training? It feels like we run the coaching side on a shoestring - I'm pretty sure other clubs have a larger number of staff in the coaching department. As far as I can see it's just Pardew, Carver, Steve Stone and Woodman. Not sure if that's enough coaching talent for a Premier league team.

Might be something in what you say but Sir Bobby had Carver, Wadsworth and who else ?

Sir Bobby was a better manager, tbh it really is that simple.

SBR had very clear idea of his football philosophy though. High energy midfield and lots of pace. All the technical coaches in the world can't help if the man at the top doesn't know what to do. Incidentally, SBR also knew how to adapt to the players he had. With Big Dunc and Shearer he was quite happy to play long ball, but he still moved to a quick passing game once he was able to buy his own players.

Exactly, a better manager who could adapt to the situation and the players at his disposal. Pardew isn't a better manager, in fact he is proving he isn't even an average one.

Couldn't believe it when Shola jogged on at the start of the second half like. Was even more mortified when most around me started giving it the big one and being encouraged by this.

Hopefully this 'Mackem Slayer' nonsense can be put to bed now. He's not a mackem slayer at all, he's a poor striker who's been around the club long enough to score a few apst the same opposition 5 or 6 times.

Shola should only ever be a last resort in any game. Today he was Pardew's answer to the first half bumming we took. Absolutely shambolic from both Shola, who had zero influence on the game whatsoever, and Pardew.

Exactly that.

Which of the 3 goals were down to Pardews inefficiency?

Playing Jonas at left back was definitely the cause of the first goal.

He gave the ball away with a simple pass, he wasn't caught out positionally which is what you could complain about Pardew playing him at left back.

Astonishingly bad posts KDT. Honestly man, you have to watch the game and not the highlights to draw the conclusion that Pardew was at fault for a lot today. I also don't think there's been a massive swing towards him because solely of this performance. The whole seasons has been embarrassing. Get rid of him come summer and start fresh.

I'm not against getting rid of Pardew to start again in the summer, I just don't think today can solely be based on Pardew. I watched the full game and not just the highlights, we got caught out by Sessegnon again dropping into space like what happened in the last derby at home.

Is that the one Pardew was also in charge for?

And something i've been saying for months, despite playing three in CM, we still leave a massive space in front of our DC's. Tactically it's rank bad.

I thought it was extraordinary today, for a lot of the second half we were playing in a square with the back four and two up front and the entire midfield hugging the touchline. The players looked terrified of going into the tight central midfield cluster of mackems.

He gave the ball away with a simple pass, he wasn't caught out positionally which is what you could complain about Pardew playing him at left back.

Astonishingly bad posts KDT. Honestly man, you have to watch the game and not the highlights to draw the conclusion that Pardew was at fault for a lot today. I also don't think there's been a massive swing towards him because solely of this performance. The whole seasons has been embarrassing. Get rid of him come summer and start fresh.

I'm not against getting rid of Pardew to start again in the summer, I just don't think today can solely be based on Pardew. I watched the full game and not just the highlights, we got caught out by Sessegnon again dropping into space like what happened in the last derby at home.

And something i've been saying for months, despite playing three in CM, we still leave a massive space in front of our DC's. Tactically it's rank bad.

I thought it was extraordinary today, for a lot of the second half we were playing in a square with the back four and two up front and the entire midfield hugging the touchline. The players looked terrified of going into the tight central midfield cluster of mackems.

The mackems were getting in our faces tbf, urged on by their maniacal manager. It was embarrassing tbh.

Guest fraser

What an upgrade he has proven to be.

When today's performance is compared to Hughton's last match against Sunderland I cry thanks to heaven that we have him.

Guest bimpy474

See this is where Tiote/Perch/Anita (not so much) should be, in front of the DC's, win it give it. If you intend to push your fullbacks on then it's a position that must be filled, we do the complete opposite. We get teams breaking on us or a player picking the ball up behind our midfield so often it's scary.

It's so bad tactically that i can't believe Pardew thinks it ok. Well saying that sums him up really.

When today's performance is compared to Hughton's last match against Sunderland I cry thanks to heaven that we have him.

Yep his last game at West Brom was phenomenal.

Guest fraser

Yep his last game at West Brom was phenomenal.

It was miles better than today's shite. Can we sack him on that basis please?

He wants to make sure that the result "hurts the players".

I don't think they need him to be hurt by it. The older guard will have known all about the importance of this game, and will have left the newbies under no illusion as to what it means to us.

What PRdew needs to do is sit through re-run after re-run of the match with the entire first team squad, and go through every single point/incident/tackle/50-50 that gave them an edge.

He should f***ing batter Tiote and Cabaye for constantly playing anywhere BUT center midfield. I understand it's not a static game, but f*** me the amount of free space in the center circle was laughable!

Gutierrez should be battered for that wayward pass. He's meant to be an experienced former international. He was playing LB, made the bad pass carrying the ball through the center of midfield, running to the right flank. What in f***ing jah's name is that??

I will not fault Taylor for the first goal, as 9.5 times out of 10 he will put his body on the line and make the block.

Tiote's inaccurate passing and ineffective "protecting" of the back 4 should be highlighted for all to see. This guy thinks he's the dog's bollocks, and has been nothing more than a mediocre version of Amdy Faye this season. Completely at fault for one of their goals today (can't remember which, but he failed to make a block, and didn't bother to track his man".

Shola Ameobi? I wouldn't even know where to start. He should show him a clip of that fluffed header, and then turn off the monitor.

These were supposed to be our big game experienced players. These are the players who have played in the derby before, and knew what it meant. And they let us down big style.

Most of the new players can be absolved to a certain degree. Cisse, Marveaux and Ben Arfa couldn't have done much more. MYM, Debuchy and Gouffran have only been here 5 minutes.

Lastly, Pardew should take a long long look at himself in the mirror and make his mind up on whether he wants to take this management lark seriously or not. Next week he will have run out of excuses to trawl out, so he will be bricking it. For the sake of this club he needs to pull 2 results out of the bag in the last 5 matches, so he better get to work sharpish.

If by some miracle we get 4 points from the next two matches, Mike Ashley should put his foot down and pull the trigger, no two ways about it. Pardew is a charlatan, and it's plain for all to see.

Which of these rankings are down to Pardew's efficiency?

http://i.imgur.com/2sKXgME.png

I can't get over him being the person who coaches the defence for 4 days out of 5 and we have the 17th ranked defence, it does my head in.

Guest bimpy474

Everything internally at the football club - currently anyway - revolves around finishing 8th as "par"

Hopefully still true.

We only have to finish 11th then.

I dont understand 8th - 11th ?  :icon_scratch: