Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest palnese

I'm not looking forward to next season at all. I almost hope we start off badly so we can get rid of him.

Assuming we stay up of course.

Imagine him in the Championship. Huddersfield away? Better contain their superior players.

Nor does Pardew appear to plan. The recent home loss to Preston was a disaster for Pardew’s team. This was probably the turning point of the whole season. So much depended on that one game – a six pointer. It was preceded by an uninterrupted week – no internationals or cup games to distract attention.

Pardew should have approached the game like a cup final. Preparation should have been planned all week long and the players should have studied Preston’s strengths and weaknesses and been totally focused. A game plan should have been worked on all week in training so that by Saturday everyone should have been totally up for it. Instead we saw a gutless lack lustre performance where an aimless team drifted through such an important game without really raising a stir.

That pathetic performance, and subsequent result, was all down to poor preparation. Clearly the manager is to blame.

Read more at http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=2052#74bfxTyX7XBAS1w8.99

Sound familiar?

No. 

It's better than sticking with what hasn't worked this season. Some fresh ideas wouldn't go amiss.

People need to get out of this mentality that Pardew's on the cusp of being sacked IMO.

Just because you don't want him to be sacked won't stop a large percentage of fans looking at his record and the awful performances of the side and thinking he SHOULD be sacked.

If he doesn't go in summer, we will be looking for a second-rate replacement by December....

Might help if you read what Dave said for once instead of answering something you imagined.

Good luck with that.

I'm not looking forward to next season at all. I almost hope we start off badly so we can get rid of him.

Imagine him in the Championship. Huddersfield away? Better contain their superior players.

Shola would rock the championship to be fair :) - did alright before being injured last time round

How utterly depressing supporting this club is

Guest neesy111

Shola would rock the championship to be fair :) - did alright before being injured last time round

How utterly depressing supporting this club is

That was 3 years ago when he could just about move, he can't move now.  League 1 is his level now tbh.

It's better than sticking with what hasn't worked this season. Some fresh ideas wouldn't go amiss.

People need to get out of this mentality that Pardew's on the cusp of being sacked IMO.

Just because you don't want him to be sacked won't stop a large percentage of fans looking at his record and the awful performances of the side and thinking he SHOULD be sacked.

If he doesn't go in summer, we will be looking for a second-rate replacement by December....

Might help if you read what Dave said for once instead of answering something you imagined.

Can you quote a place on this thread where Dave said he wanted Pardew sacked ?

And what does it have to do with you ? Feeling a bit touchy about Pardew are we..?

Guest Roger Kint

Can you quote a place on this thread where Dave said he wanted Pardew sacked ?

And what does it have to do with you ? Feeling a bit touchy about Pardew are we..?

:lol: Of course i cant, his post has nothing to do with his personal feelings on Pardew being sacked or not. You would understand that if you read it. No idea what your second point is, can only assume you are inventing shit again to fill a post

Guest Roger Kint

Popcorn gif please, cant post them at work myself :lol:

:lol: The bloke a loon i wont be responding any further so no need for it

Guest bimpy474

Popcorn gif please, cant post them at work myself :lol:

:lol: The bloke a loon i wont be responding any further so no need for it

Oh come on, the popcorn gifs are always good :lol:

Guest neesy111

Just insert one of those half way down every page of the Pardew thread.

Usually after a post from you..... :p

Guest bimpy474

Just insert one of those half way down every page of the Pardew thread.

Usually after a post from you..... :p

Nah, after someone has abused me mate!

???

Tart.

I reckon, and its only my own personal twist on things, that DL would be more than happy to keep Pardew but Ashley himself having invested all that money in January, will not be happy with how things have panned out since January, especially the embarrassing defeat to the mackems. A defeat that could yet well seal Pardew's fate.

I could well imagine Ashley thinking we should be doing better with the players we have, while DL plays the stability card. Both are chancers, as is the manager of course, so it really is all up in the air so to speak as to what can, could and maybe even will happen once the season ends.

My own personal belief is that Pardew will survive but his cards are marked and the first 10 or so games of next season will determine whether he stays or goes long-term.

The investment in January was Ashley's showing his concern that we would be relegated and also showing his hand that for Pardew at least, there can now be no more excuses. We now have a very good squad compared to what we started this season with and should have kicked on massively January onwards but today we still stare relegation in the face.

Llambias is the key man in all of this IMO. Especially for Pardew.

One of the best posts in here.

:thup:

Not having a go at either of you but it's just basically speculation based on a hunch. Not sure how anyone knows anything about the dynamic of the Ashley / Llambias relationship and therefore which one is a bigger Pardew fan than the other.

My thought exactly