mackems vs Newcastle United - 21/10/12 @ 1.30 pm (Live on Sky)

Jaypee

I hope you're right. Colo is very quick on his feet and yet he was still lucky to avoid a broken leg in this fixture last year.

http://i.imgur.com/sQ7BA.jpg

I had forgotten about that one, that would have broken the leg of most players and I still don't know how Coloccini came out of it in one piece.

Fully expecting one of them to at least try to crock Ben Arfa tbh.

Edit: their players.

And you know who will end up on his arse looking daft.

I hope you're right. Colo is very quick on his feet and yet he was still lucky to avoid a broken leg in this fixture last year.

I thought he'd be out for the season when that happened. Can't believe he continued the game as I recall his foot being planted when that "tackle" came in.

Not sure how feasible it would be to implement, but I think there are certain circumstances where - for a really bad/malicious tackle - the culprit should be suspended until the person they have deliberately injured is fit to play again.

As if the 5-1 wasn't a 'pivotal game that shook the North East' ffs.

Certainly more so than the 4-1 when Sunderland were basically down anyway. The bit about them being heavy favourites before last season's 1-0 is pish too.

I put a bet on a 1-1 draw, I wanted both Fletcher and Shola to score on there but I had to make that a separate bet, then I put a bet on them to win, the lady just looked at me and said "You want them to win?', I replied "No I don't, but I'm shit at betting so I'm betting on them to win".

I put a bet on them to win

:pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko: :pilko:

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

I'm feeling the childhood Xmas Eve excitement coming tonight, although I'm still petrified for the game. I look forward to Sam Jacks whipping everyone into a frenzy but not the match, which will be very ugly.

We know we've got the better players, we know we're better than them but.....football isn't always like that, is it? I trust our players on derby day and if their heads are screwed on, I think we'll be alright. Doesn't stop the spine-tingling goosebumps tonight though. Going to get up early, put the lucky NUFC boxers on, play 'Local Hero' on loop and calm the nerves down with a few beverages.

TOON TOON!

Graeme Swann ‏@Swannyg66

Bingo. Wife has gone to bed. End of the movie then MOTD for me. Just warming up the palate for the Shola show tomorrow #DerbyDay

Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite

Swann  :aww:

Got a gut feeling we will be comortsbly beaten by the mackems".  They are due one"!!!

if the "due one" thing is to hold water then i'm looking forward to old trafford, but you know what, we don't win there as we haven't been good enough, same goes with the mackems.

Guest neesy111

Fully expecting one of them to at least try to crock Ben Arfa tbh.

Edit: their players.

And you know who will end up on his arse looking daft.

I thought he'd be out for the season when that happened. Can't believe he continued the game as I recall his foot being planted when that "tackle" came in.

Not sure how feasible it would be to implement, but I think there are certain circumstances where - for a really bad/malicious tackle - the culprit should be suspended until the person they have deliberately injured is fit to play again.

Webb wasn't going to send him off initially, it took the linesman to tell him it was a bad challenge which doesn't surprise me considering they missed the most blatant handball of the century.

Is it 2 wins in 40 years still for the mackems on home soil?

Yes.

theres a cross over period, they had a great run at home without defeat till '92 (i think) from about 59 or 60 but it coincided with a load of draws so also covers our good run at their place.

Dunno if mentioned elsewhere, but Sky Sports confirmed it's the green kit on last night's Fantasy Football Club (where Ryan Taylor was a guest!).

Paul Merson also said Newcastle vs Sunderland is bigger than Arsenal vs Tottenham. Didn't he slag off the derby a few years ago?

Guest neesy111

Yes.

Edit.

You have to go back March 1967 to make it 3.  :lol:

:yao:

Guest neesy111

Dunno if mentioned elsewhere, but Sky Sports confirmed it's the green kit on last night's Fantasy Football Club (where Ryan Taylor was a guest!).

:giggs:

Yes.

Edit.

You have to go back March 1967 to make it 3.  :lol:

:yao:

re micks edit, i had to work out how many years it's been since 1967........

MY YEAR OF BIRTH!!!  :suicide: