mackems vs Newcastle United - 21/10/12 @ 1.30 pm (Live on Sky)

Jaypee

This will warm the cockles...

http://www.sportsignings.com/images/products/products/SUNDERLAND/Image104.jpg

Oh and this

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090806123821/sunderland/images/9/93/EricGates.jpg

Eric Gates could have very easily been a black and white, had Jack Charlton shown more interest. Fee was agreed with Ipswich, but I remember Gates saying later that Charlton didn't seem that fussed, so he signed for the mackems instead.

I actually found Gatesy OK to speak to when he was on The Legends and Gabiadini is a decent lad too.

Guest neesy111

Eric Gates could have very easily been a black and white, had Jack Charlton shown more interest. Fee was agreed with Ipswich, but I remember Gates saying later that Charlton didn't seem that fussed, so he signed for the mackems instead.

I actually found Gatesy OK to speak to when he was on The Legends and Gabiadini is a decent lad too.

Gates was the best on 3 legends tbh.

I'm glad we didn't get Gates, and Gabbiadini wanted to go out with my sister, she told him to piss off.  Gabbiadini used to knock about with Colin West who played for them and supported us.

So yep, going to be a right nervous wreck tomorrow morning :lol:

Opposite for me. Once I wake up the nerves will have gone and I know worrying about the result won't impact on the actual game itself. You can chew yourself all day but it's pointless energy. Just wait for the game, see what happens an deal with it - good or bad. :)

Opposite for me. Once I wake up the nerves will have gone and I know worrying about the result won't impact on the actual game itself. You can chew yourself all day but it's pointless energy. Just wait for the game, see what happens an deal with it - good or bad. :)

Wise words midds but I can't help it unfortunately, it's just my nature to be that way on Derby Day. As soon as the game kicks off (and as soon as I have my pint), my nerves will probably settle but until then... :frantic: :undecided:

Dunno how im feeling really.

Ive been ill since Wednesday and only starting to feel better now, in a weird way I think it's actually helped my state of mind for this derby cause its put my mind on something else.

Saying that now I am starting to feel alive again the sick feeling of nerves is all coming in one go tonight.

It feels like it's their time, i keep thinking of silly little omens that don't really mean anything but just make me worry anyway, like the last time this game at the SOS was actually on tv they beat us and stuff like that.

We have the better 11 players, no doubt about that, but I have no confidence at all in us because we've been shite nearly every game this season. They've hardly been great but O'Neill knows how to set a team up for a derby.

I am always happy with a draw at their place so i'd take that again, I dont think we have it in us to go there and win, i really don't. Just do not lose!

Wise words midds but I can't help it unfortunately, it's just my nature to be that way on Derby Day. As soon as the game kicks off (and as soon as I have my pint), my nerves will probably settle but until then... :frantic: :undecided:

Don't get me wrong I've had a few nerves all week but I somehow manage to convince myself on the day that whatever is going to happen will happen. I'll check the team news at 12.30 and that will be that - gameday routine kicks in.

Score first and I fancy us. I'd still settle for a point though.