2014/15 NUFC Kits - New third kit revealed on page 143

bowlingcrofty

A question to the Americans who have black and white Newcastle tops, have you ever hand someone mention that "you wearing a referee shirt?"

Remember it getting asked of me when I was a kid in Florida in '91.

I've been asked it a number of times mostly from people (generally women) with no interest whatsover in sports. I do tend to wear away shirts more than the black and white stripes for some reason, whether that's my subconcious telling me to not let people think you are a referee or not I don't know. I wear last seasons blue denim away shirt way too often, love that shirt.

Somehow looks even worse in the official shots. Can't believe they've popped up fucking there before anywhere else too. What an absolute shambles Puma are. :lol:

It's NUFC that are the shambles, not Puma.

Well, not as much.

It was on the official Puma website long before it was announced last year man :lol: NUFC obviously just don't give a shit else they'd be straight onto these websites getting this shit taken down.

Ignoring the fact Wonga is splashed across it, it really would be a canny kit if it weren't for the f***ing bib.

Oh, and of course if the stripes were on the back, too.

Completely agree. If they were to change the kit entirely, it'd be class.

I don't actually mind it, prefer to last year's kit but that was a really low bar.

One thing I am noticing though is, the stripes are getting in the way of kit design for these manufacturers, they are doing their best to remove them, West Brom's kit this year follows Southampton's decision to doaway with their stripes, I wonder if we will follow suit some day ?

Living abroad and not really aware of the Wonga company, the patch really doesn't bother, in fact I find it a bit more palatable than the BET <Insert Chinese lettering> sponsors a lot of prem clubs have. The chevy sponsorship on the Manure tops, although a much more respectable company just looks uly I dunno why, that big gold logo of theirs just doesn't seem to fit on that shirt.

Circle of the New Top continues.

Shirt released - widely hated

Season progresses - shirt becomes more familiar - less jarring - not so bad

If Season going well - fond memories of the shirt start to develop (See the Piss and Puss custard crème for a great example)

Season ends - shirt on sale - not as bad as first thought - might get that with xxxxx on the back

New season shirt leaked - worst shirt ever - no where near as good as last seasons - quite liked that shirt, but this season is horrendous

rise and repeat

I don't really care about the shirt anymore, with wonga on the front and that big patch on the back a good design would just be getting ruined, which would be more of a shame.