Newcastle vs Club Brugge - 25/10/12 @ 8:05pm (Live on ESPN)

Beren

Hopefully this will deter any more idiots who think streaking is actually funny.

Guilty pleas have been entered at Newcastle Magistrates by the pitch invaders who disrupted United's opening two Europa League home ties this season.

A 21 year-old man from Newcastle was accused of a public order offence during the match against Atromitos, while a 35 year-old male from South Yorkshire faced a similar charge from Bordeaux's visit to St.James' Park.

Neither were NUFC season ticket holders or members and attempts to get their legal teams to accept stadium banning orders both failed, meaning that the cases had to be adjourned and sentencing delayed until December.

UEFA have fined NUFC £5,600 for the first offence and a larger penalty is expected to be levied for the second.

Club head of security Steve Storey said:

"First of all I’m pleased they pleaded guilty and we at the club hope that they receive strong sentences. It is not just to punish them but also to act as a deterrent to others.

"These people who think selfishly running on the pitch is fun or funny should realise it is not. It’s a criminal offence which disrupts the game.

"It offends thousands of people inside the stadium, particularly when they run on naked.

"It’s beamed live throughout Europe and it has brought embarrassment to the club given it’s the first time we’ve been in Europe for many years.

"We will be actively seeking compensation through the court for the financial penalty imposed by UEFA and we are taking legal advice to consider taking civil action against both men.”

Guest WashyGeordie

Should be a cracking atmosphere tonight, can't wait.

Think it'll be tighter than the Bordeaux game aswell, still gonna say 1-0. HTL!

Itv get first dibs and for some reason have chosen liverpool and spurs each time, leaving ESPN with us.

More people want to watch them there bigger ad revenues unfortunately.

I'm sure I read all UEFA Cup games are streamed on the UEFA site, no idea if true though.

Yeah UEFA do show all games on their site, but you have to pay for it.

cant believe i just hurried home from work thinking it kicked off at 6

:facepalm:

I knew what time kick off is but was listening to 5 live on the way home from work about 30 minutes ago.  They were talking about us and mentioned a 6pm kick off, I nearly shit until I realised they were then talking about Spurs.