Newcastle United 1 - 0 Club Brugge - 25/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 24

Dave

Think most of the players are playing well. Obertan and Anita have been a bit invisible. But Shane and Sammy are playing very well and Cisse is getting his chances.

:thup:

It'll come. As I said earlier, my first change would be Shola for Obertan but I don't see the need to do that just yet.

Need to get Cisse his Like Mike sneakers again.

Not sure most of these lot will get that reference. :lol:

:lol: Decent point.

Jordan 5's, black colorway, add some cleats and Cisse's scored on all his chances.

Needs to happen.

Enjoyed that. :thup:

Lots of slick, patient football and been the better team by far. Just need to fashion a couple more chances and we'll win the game.

We've been repeating the same moves over and over again. This isn't some no-mark friendly. When we attack out wide, there are massive empty spaces in the middle that we aren't exploiting, and we should be. Cisse needs to touch the ball during play and not just when having a pop at goal. The directness of Fergie, Ameobi and Obertan has been excellent for what it is, but we have to vary our play.

Apologies for having a different opinion to you. I'm sure I'll pay for it in my next life by coming back as a mackem.

First Half thoughts: Midfield has been far too passive and my pre game concerns about all them being too defensive and not being able to play an attacking role effectively has come to light and wide forwards ( sammy and obertan have been too ineffective for my liking) and have been outshone by their respective fullbacks.