Newcastle United 1 - 0 Club Brugge - 25/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 24

Dave

I'd definitely take Anita off for Cabaye, midfield is to defensive. Should be attacking these guys.

I'd take Tiote off before Anita. At least Anita looks to get forward.

Not just that but Tiote looks like a disaster waiting to happen tonight been far too sloppy in possession.

Get Cabaye or Hatem on and we should open them up at will.

The Anita-Bigi-Tiote combination doesn't look right. The passing isn't ambitious enough and Anita seems to be left without a role.

Sammy really is emerging as a major talent. Young Fergie has impressed again.

Enjoyed that. :thup:

Lots of slick, patient football and been the better team by far. Just need to fashion a couple more chances and we'll win the game.

We've been repeating the same moves over and over again. This isn't some no-mark friendly. When we attack out wide, there are massive empty spaces in the middle that we aren't exploiting, and we should be. Cisse needs to touch the ball during play and not just when having a pop at goal. The directness of Fergie, Ameobi and Obertan has been excellent for what it is, but we have to vary our play.

Apologies for having a different opinion to you. I'm sure I'll pay for it in my next life by coming back as a mackem.

The problem is the centre of the pitch. You have Tiote, Bigi and Anita - none of who are inclined to get forward and in the box. Because they all sit its difficult for anyone to get the ball to Cisses feet either. Thats why 'd get Cabaye on asap

Anita is not a "sitter" at all. He is highly technical and can link up play if the wide players moved in tandem carrying the ball forward. He can be the one to link the play. What we're doing instead is jet heeling it down the wing every single time - counter attacking essentially - when we don't need to.

American sports channels :lol:

"Scottish premier league, who will meet their destiny?

Motherwell versus High-bernian!"

:lol: Why you gotta break our balls, man.

We don't even advertise games like that here. And I live in Motherwell :lol:

:lol: You don't feel as hard as we do, man. We're 100 percent 100 percent of the time.

:lol: Why you gotta break our balls, man.

We don't even advertise games like that here. And I live in Motherwell :lol:

:lol: You don't feel as hard as we do, man. We're 100 percent 100 percent of the time.

It's admirable, in a way :lol: but if you watch the advert and then actually attend that game - it's so totally different :lol:

Meet their destiny. :lol:  22 bouncers kicking a muddy ball all over the shop in front of a couple of big sheds.

:lol: