Newcastle United vs. West Bromwich Albion - 28/10/12 @ 3pm

EthiGeordie

Same formation / players (where possible) as last season away and I'll be quite happy. We got done on the break by them at home so many times

Krul

Santon  Taylor  Colo  Fergie

Anita    Jonas

Cabaye

Ben Arfa                Cisse

Ba

2-0.

Krul

Santon  Taylor  Colo  Fergie

Bigi          Jonas

Cabaye

HBA      BA      Sammy

Subs Harps, Willo, Perch, Anita, Simpson, Cisse, Shola

Stop with these 4-3-3's it's not going to happen.

2-2

Every match recently there's two trends that inevitably happen.  Everyone posts 433's and we line up 442 and someone will say 'If we win this we can kick on'.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Can't believe the amount of teams without Perch. He's been nothing but excellent when played in midfield for the best part of a year now.

Must say, I'm not a fully paid up member of the James Perch fanclub.

His best position is undoubtedly central midfield but let's be honest he's fairly limited in terms of attributes and long term potential. I certainly wouldn't want to be going to Anfield in 2 weeks with him starting in a 4-4-2.

His best position is undoubtedly central midfield but let's be honest he's fairly limited in terms of attributes and long term potential. I certainly wouldn't want to be going to Anfield in 2 weeks with him starting in a 4-4-2.

Memories of that Spurs game last season still haunt us. Was it a Guthrie, Perch centre midfield combo? We got absolutely pummeled.

Krul

Simpson      Taylor          Colocinni    Santon

Anita        Cabaye        Jonas

Ben Arfa      Ba        Cisse

2-1 win

:nods:

Tbh i don't trust any of them in 4-4-2 none of them cover the ridiculous amount of space we leave anywhere near as good as Tiote does.

Seems to be common logic would be to match up in midfield to make up for the lack of athleticism and numbers.

Think Bigi/Perch/Jonas/Anita with Cabaye would all struggle against any 3 man midfield due to numbers and not be able to close the space as good as Tiote does.

If we are going to go 4-4-2 against WBA and Liverpool i think we will struggle anyway no matter who we pick.