Liverpool 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/11/12 - post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

they pillaged both our flanks tonight.

noticed most of their attacks were down the flanks,  which is not surprising when you have Cisse and HBA trying or lack of trying to provide cover for our fullbacks.

ironically it was a long ball attack from the middle that out done us.

really wish he would stop using Cisse as a winger,  and he hasn't been too clever either when got switched to upfront,  lackluster.

Sky were genuinely deflated at the end. Usually like Martin Tyler but he was awful today. As for Quinn, well you'd never tire of seeing him punched to the face.

Why the fuck was that mackem prick on the commentary team anyway? It's absurd. Remember the fixture last year, an assemblement of Liverpool sympathisers and mackems.

Sky were genuinely deflated at the end. Usually like Martin Tyler but he was awful today. As for Quinn, well you'd never tire of seeing him punched to the face.

Why the fuck was that mackem prick on the commentary team anyway? It's absurd. Remember the fixture last year, an assemblement of Liverpool sympathisers and mackems.

Who gave Gerrard MOTM despite him only playing half an hour. Tossers.

Would have settled for the point beforehand. Injuries obviously didn't help, but Pardew attempting to shut up shop at half time (as he did against WBA last week) seems to becoming something of a worry. No probs with Colo being sent off - done for intent, but bemused as to how Sterling got away with the hack and Cisse and kicking out at Simpson.

Thought young Sammi had a really good cameo when he came on. Looks quick, direct, great feet and balance. :thup:

Not bothered about all that, what does concern me is how negative we was after taking the lead,

We was asking for trouble and while the goal should have been dealt with sitting back as far back as we did was asking for trouble.

None the less it's a decent point and with the next 5 games being quite favorable this is the time of the season where we need to start winning games and climb the table after all despite the indifferent performances we are still only 3 points off 4th.

Thought Cabaye's goal was splendid, Suarez is an odious human but very good at playing football, Coloccini's tackle was reckless but not cowardly (as serial twerp Coleman would have it), much like Cheick's the other week, so I'll accept that the red must stand, and did anyone else hear poor Martin Tyler's little crying voice after the final whistle when it dawned on him that Li'pool hadn't emerged in glorious victory? His cat will already be in hiding awaiting the big-booted bastard's bad-tempered arrival home later tonight after a few cans of catbeater.

On the whole, I'll take the point, but those tippy-tappy cheats were there for the taking. Getting a bit sick of going out 11 v 14 every match though. :( The officials' decisions dictate the match stats as much as the teams' tactics btw.

Had a chance to cool down after that one. Pleased with a point in the circumstances, don't agree with this 'intent' business and at the end of the day Colo didn't catch him. Fair enough if that is how you're going to define the laws of the game but there needs to be some sort of consistency shown by the referees.

Thought we were excellent in parts but should have killed the game off earlier in the second half. Krul and Taylor were excellent, Anita had a decent game, as did Ben Arfa. Impressed with Sammy when he came on too. Hopefully the injuries we picked up today aren't too serious, but the emergence of the likes of Sammy, Ferguson and Bigi has at least given us a bit more depth.

Krul 7

Anita 6.5

Taylor 7

Colo 5

Santon 6.5

Perch n/a

Cabaye 6.5

Jonas 5.5

Ben Arfa 6.5

Ba 6

Cisse 6

Simpson 6

Sammy 6.5

Ferguson 6

suarez goal was absolutely class tbh by him

I thought Demba's first at Norwich last year was better personally.

it was class also. not sure which i think was better atm. i think the one today was more difficult to do what he did