Liverpool 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/11/12 - post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

The way we were playing right after scoring is the most fluid we've looked this season.

Anita has been surprisingly good. He's one of those players that help us keep possession by doing those simple passes. Quite rare in the premierleague apart from their Allen, Swansea's Ki.

Liverpool have done that every time i've seen them this season - play well, dominate, but lack a striker and tend not to produce clear cut chances. gradually their heads drop and the opposition claws their way back in.

great to see us finish strongly but for most of that half we were nothing short of appalling. our movement is so damn poor - but once Anita moved to central midfield we've looked a lot better. he's done a hatchet job on gerrard for 20 mins, his movement's been top class and he's used the ball simply and intelligently - hope he can keep it up 2nd half. oh, and for all his cult status perch is just not a very good midfielder.

Ben Arfa's had another bad game which is disappointing to see after his good start to the season, but he always produces moments of magic even when he's not on song and he's done it again.

Where are Ba and Cisse playing? At random?

That's the way it should be tbh, forever moving pulling defenders all over the shop. They've been doing well with movement imo

I agree, it's just very unusual to see them both so wide.

Yeah, know what ya mean, seems neither are really staying central, in fact we've seen Cabaye up there quite often this match :lol:

I don't think Cabaye has been particularly useful today but it's hard to argue when he scores a quality goal.

Don's tin hat. I'd stick Obertan on for Cisse. I think the formation would suit a winger more than an out of position fwd.

Not to mention his ability to stretch them on the break as they throw numbers forward next half.

did anyone else see it?  it happened very quickly,  but i'm sure there was an incident a few minutes before we scored, where suarez was tackled and he didnt go down and plead to the ref.  was this a first since the little cunt joined liverpool?

Guest neesy111

Played well since Dan the man came on.

Because Anita went into the midfield.

Agreed, midfield looks better since Anita has went there.

No Williamson and we just happen to be passing more, only time the balls really went long is Simpson. No suprise we're playing and passing better with 4-3-3  and no Williamson.

Taylor has progressed to the point where he's light years ahead of Willo. That's no secret.

Played well since Dan the man came on.

:thup:

More comfortable as a unit at the back despite his limitations. Anita has been better in the middle than I had expected though.

Liverpool play the way he'll be uses to playing/facing in Holland so not too much of a shock.

Fully expect Liverpool to come again second half, they faded horribly- look very, very average.

"Enricky"

Anita was always going to come good, came through one of, if not, the best academies in the world.

Where has this worry over Anita come from, btw? Seems like he's been solid in every game.